Page 254 of 260 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256 ... LastLast
Results 5,061 to 5,080 of 5183

Thread: Provincial Arms Licence Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ballixd View Post
    any recommended dealer for Punjab Lic to All Pakistan conversion? I have a legit reason for doing so because I moved to ICT from RWP. Address already changed on CNIC
    i think no need for All Paking.
    Keep Calm & Carry One

any recommended dealer for Punjab Lic to All Pakistan conversion? I have a legit reason for doing so because I moved to ICT from RWP. Address already changed on CNIC
    DCO Islamabad licence covers ICT and Punjab. Any Punjab Govt. licence covers Islamabad territory also.

Lord of War
    Quote Originally Posted by Imtiaz Shah View Post
    DCO Islamabad licence covers ICT and Punjab. Any Punjab Govt. licence covers Islamabad territory also.
    are you sure about this? because i don't think so

Lord of War
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanitoup View Post
    i think no need for All Paking.
    now why would you say that? are you suggesting the same as said by Imtiaz sb that Punjab lics cover ICT too?

are you sure about this? because i don't think so
    I cannot quote the rule right now, but you may phone ICT Arms branch or any police station in Islamabad to confirm. Your licence issuing office in Punjab may confirm. Please do verify the legal matter, you may need ICT DC office entry !

@ ballixd
    Sir, I made telephone call to confirm on your issue. I stand corrected, under new rules, Punjab-only licence is NOT valid for ICT. The officer told me the solution is to write application to your licence issuing authority in Punjab. Mention that you have moved to Islamabad and CNIC is duly amended, therefore your Punjab licence may be extended to All-Pakistan. Fee is Rs.2200. Good luck !
    Last edited by Imtiaz Shah; 26-02-2019 at 04:03 PM.

now why would you say that? are you suggesting the same as said by Imtiaz sb that Punjab lics cover ICT too?
    bcoz in Purana Pakistan it used to work.
    Keep Calm & Carry One

Is there any difference in government license and private license? I am not asking about the fee. Someone told me the LEAs don't bother someone with government license as much as they do private license holders. Is there any truth to this?

With the limited interaction I have had with LEAs, I believe, if you have a valid license, you CANNOT be bothered either way. I have NEVER been bothered. If and when I have been stopped, I would tell them (if needed) that I am carrying a licensed weapon and the license thereof. I can only recall one incident where they actually bothered cross referencing the sr number. At other occasions, the max I have been "bothered" by LEAs was to present them the license. All interactions have happened when I was in the car w/o family.

Quote Originally Posted by adilsyyed View Post
    Is there any difference in government license and private license? I am not asking about the fee. Someone told me the LEAs don't bother someone with government license as much as they do private license holders. Is there any truth to this?
    Live Fast, Die Young and leave behind a good-looking corpse....

Thanks for the kind input. Well in such case, I guess one should not bother going into the mundane process of getting a government license unless there is fee difference.
    The problem is that nowadays people have this strange fear of firearms. Someone hears you talking about a gun license and they immediately feel the need to liberate you of your "radical" thoughts and "unnecessary" risks associated with firearms.

Member Extraordinaire
    As far as I know the government licenses can be the letter issues by the law enforcement agencies that it is your service weapon or one pistol that you are allowed to keep. But then again if you are in service you wouldn't need a letter or license to begin with.

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Thanks for the kind input. Well in such case, I guess one should not bother going into the mundane process of getting a government license unless there is fee difference.
    The problem is that nowadays people have this strange fear of firearms. Someone hears you talking about a gun license and they immediately feel the need to liberate you of your "radical" thoughts and "unnecessary" risks associated with firearms.
    (sigh, done I know it)

Once I was coming home from the range and a freind was flying a kite with his son. He saw me, came eagerly towards me and then saw all the parcels I had on me.. His jaw dropped. He picked up his son and yelled from a distance that I should keep my distance. And this was a dude I have known since his diaper days!
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    (sigh, done I know it)

Once I was coming home from the range and a freind was flying a kite with his son. He saw me, came eagerly towards me and then saw all the parcels I had on me.. His jaw dropped. He picked up his son and yelled from a distance that I should keep my distance. And this was a dude I have known since his diaper days!
    It was made explicitly clear to me that my office does not want anything with my "desire for firearms". They are prepared to give me a dozen NOCs if I am applying for vehicle license or so, but when it comes to arms license.... the story takes a turn, as if they shall be held responsible for every person "I shoot with my gun". And of course, if I wasn't planning on shooting someone, why would I need a gun???

Rookie
    Hi, I have a computerized Punjab license with a shotgun registered to it I wish to purchase a 9mm on this license can someone guide me how ? I want to sell/rid of the shotgun

Expert Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wakas View Post
    Hi, I have a computerized Punjab license with a shotgun registered to it I wish to purchase a 9mm on this license can someone guide me how ? I want to sell/rid of the shotgun

Which shotgun you have?

Also, for your above query...

You have to change the bore / caliber of your license... For this you have to apply to ADC (G) in Lahore, give an application along with copy ofbl your license for bore change, then after his approval, take the approval to Home Department, SO Judical 1, he will issue Sanction Order for bore change after approval of high ups(normally a small thing, if you have contacts) then take that sanction order to NADRA centre which will issue you Demand Note, after which you can purchase 9MM weapon on it .

Its all easy job, if you have proper contacts otherwise, a hectic task...

Plz share your email. Thanks
    Islam began as something strange & will revert to being strange as it began, so give glad tidings to the strangers. (Muslim)

Quote Originally Posted by wakas View Post
    This is a relatively easy task if you involve a good authorized arm's dealer.

1. First thing you will have to do is get an OMNI Slip of Rs. 1,400/- in favour of NADRA ARMS
    2. After that you will have to go to NADRA ARMS Branch with your Original License, Original ID card and the OMNI Slip (if you are in Lahore, the NADRA branch is the one in Gulberg off the Main Boulevard)
    3. The NADRA guys will cancel your existing license and issue you a Demand Note that allows you to buy a New Weapon and sell your old one - If a bore change is required, that will be the first step. You will need to get an order from the Home Department for change of bore. Any good dealer should get this for you in a few days relatively easily. - If the bore change is needed (depending on the gauge and make of your shotgun, you will have to take a copy of the Order to NADRA with you as well. Additionally, you will have to make sure that the Department sends the said order via email to NADRA before you reach NADRA as well. NADRA will not entertain you even if you have the order and they havent received it through email directly from the department)
    4. With the demand note, you will go to the said arm's dealer, sell your existing weapon and buy the 9mm.
    5. They will enter the particulars of the new weapon on the Demand Note.
    6. Thereafter, the purchase must be endorsed by the Department. I would strongly suggest you ask the dealer to get that done for you.
    7. With the duly completed and endorsed Demand Note, you will need to go NADRA again and the issuance of new license will commence.

Lots of steps involved but relatively easy when you involve a good agent.

Hope this helps.

Expert Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pappoo View Post
    This is a relatively easy task if you involve a good authorized arm's dealer.

1. First thing you will have to do is get an OMNI Slip of Rs. 1,400/- in favour of NADRA ARMS
    2. After that you will have to go to NADRA ARMS Branch with your Original License, Original ID card and the OMNI Slip (if you are in Lahore, the NADRA branch is the one in Gulberg off the Main Boulevard)
    3. The NADRA guys will cancel your existing license and issue you a Demand Note that allows you to buy a New Weapon and sell your old one - If a bore change is required, that will be the first step. You will need to get an order from the Home Department for change of bore. Any good dealer should get this for you in a few days relatively easily. - If the bore change is needed (depending on the gauge and make of your shotgun, you will have to take a copy of the Order to NADRA with you as well. Additionally, you will have to make sure that the Department sends the said order via email to NADRA before you reach NADRA as well. NADRA will not entertain you even if you have the order and they havent received it through email directly from the department)
    4. With the demand note, you will go to the said arm's dealer, sell your existing weapon and buy the 9mm.
    5. They will enter the particulars of the new weapon on the Demand Note.
    6. Thereafter, the purchase must be endorsed by the Department. I would strongly suggest you ask the dealer to get that done for you.
    7. With the duly completed and endorsed Demand Note, you will need to go NADRA again and the issuance of new license will commence.

Lots of steps involved but relatively easy when you involve a good agent.

Hope this helps.

Dear regarding steps 1 to 3...
    Are you sure for change of weapon permission from DC office is not required???

As you mentioned that ine can go straight to NADRA which will cancel the existing licnese and grant new Demand Note.

Is it so? Sure?
    Islam began as something strange & will revert to being strange as it began, so give glad tidings to the strangers. (Muslim)

Quote Originally Posted by 1stranger View Post
    Dear regarding steps 1 to 3...
    Are you sure for change of weapon permission from DC office is not required???

As you mentioned that ine can go straight to NADRA which will cancel the existing licnese and grant new Demand Note.

Is it so? Sure?
    If it is within the same caliber/bore then no permission needs to be sought. You have been granted the permission to own any weapon of the specified caliber/bore. However, if there is a change in caliber/type of weapon the order/permission is required.

Since you still haven't shared what shotgun you have, I cant really comment if that applies to you or not.

The existing license is surrendered to NADRA because it bears the weapon that you plan on disposing through the demand note.

Rookie
    It is a Turkish (tomahawk)12bore , It was mainly used by my gaurd at my farmhouse since I sold my farm I have no use for it. Thanks for the info I think it is better I get the dealer involved I don't mind paying as long it saves me time.