Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gamo Cadet Delta .22 air rifle

Five months back my father bought me a Gamo Cadet Delta .22. He purchased it brand new from Shaheen Traders, lucky star, saddar for Rs.11,000.

I sighted it in for 10 yards. The sighting mechanism is very easy to use and the sight picture is just perfect. I hit zero everytime.

So far i have fired around 1,250 pellets of Gamo Match brand. I have used it at my home in the village. I have fired at paper targets and taken out countless lizards (at night time).

This was the minimum strength Gamo air rifle available. At first i thought this to be a disadvantage but now i am glad i got this. The reason being that with this gun the pellets have significant amount of ricochet when hitting walls. Wearing eye protection is a must. The lizards also fly away with the pellet and land at a considerable distance. At distances using open sights this airgun is adequate enough for the task. If i has got a higher powered airgun the ricochet would have been lethal and the risk of over kill significant. I can safely use it at my home in karachi as i know the airgun's limit. If i had a more powerful airgun i would not have been as comfortable using it inside the house or outside in city environment.

It is proven by hadith that it is ok to kill house lizards. Therefore they have been my only hunt at night time. In daylight it has been olympic standard paper targets.

I have now purchased a tin of Gamo Pro Magnum pellets. I have yet to use them. The Gamo Match pellet is a winner hands down. I use it to impress my guests by shooting at a pellet from a 9-10 yard distance. It never lets me down.

wlcome shahsaeen. a very nice write-up, we have a large fan-base of airguns along with the more common weapons, the firearms. so hopefully you'll be enjoying your stay here.
    "Godfather, I don't know what to do...!!",
    "You can act like a man."

Expert Member
    Shah Sahab, welcome aboard and keep up the spirit.
    Arms & Arms, Brothers in Arms.

Welcome shahsaeen. Very informative post and well written. Good to have airgun experts here like yourself and Kage Fox - I have become seriously interested in finally getting one myself! Advantages: cheap ammo, soundless, no licenses, no cleaning hassle and great start off in the hobby for the kids.
    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." (General Douglas MacArthur)

Expert Member
    am also thinking of buying a diana 350 magnum, its not available here so i have to get it arranged from Dubai!!

Same here
    Arranging some one to bring a Diana Panther 350 Magnum and a Leapers TS Scope for me from UK.
    Amazing Rifle, a bit hard to master but once you master, it is an excellent hunter or paper shooter at long ranges.
    Heavier pellets are recommended for 350M.

@shahsaeen
    Very well versed Sir ..
    Some parents say it is toy guns that make boys warlike. But give a boy a rubber duck and he will seize its neck like the butt of a pistol and shout \"Bang!\"

Enthusiast
    shah sb please post picture for your gamo airrifle and welcome to pakguns

An air rifle is a big package of fun if used wisely. I will not recommend giving it to youngsters until they develop a sense of responsibilty and maturity of thinking.

What i mean is that one has to treat it with respect just like anyother firearm. If you dont treat it with respect it can cause you and your loved ones around you irreparable harm.

While handling it make sure the safety is always ON only just before you shoot turn it OFF, Never point it at anyone or anything that you dont want to shoot at even if it is empty, while loading keep your finger away from the trigger and safety ON otherwise if fired in that position the barrel can hit you with tremendous force in the face or if you happen to put your finger at the break point (where the barrel breaks from the frame) can result in cut fingers.

I am right handed, to load i place the Buttplate at my hip region and with gun pointed at an angle to my body using my left hand (grasping the solid end of the frame, no where near the trigger) and the Safety ON. I then grasp the end of the barrel with my right hand and load it. Then i put the pellet in using my right hand and then return the barrel to the earlier position again using right hand. All this time the gun is held solidly against my body with my left hand. In this position if the gun was to fire my right hand would have controlled the barrel hitting my face and during this entire action my fingers are no where near the breaking part that might have caused them to be cut in two.

Now that the gun is loaded always point it in a direction where if the pellet was to be fired no harm would be done. You have to make a habit of using your brain quite often. You have to think each time before shooting at an intended target. You have to always plan for what if the pellet does not hit the target and what will happen if it hits the target. You should know ahead of taking your shot what will happen. For example when i shoot i look at what is behind the target (a mud wall or a concrete wall or a brick wall or a tree or a bush, a rubber tire) these are just a few examples and all will give different results like the mud wall will absorb the pellet in itself, the concrete wall will cause it to ricochet at tremendous speed, the brick wall will cause less speed ricochet, a tree if it is hard wood will cause tremendous high speed ricochet, a bush will let the pellet pass (now what is behind the bush?), a rubber tire will again cause high speed ricochet.

Now with the speed and type of ricochet expected we will have to predict the angle of deflection. It is just like putting a ball in a hole at a game of pool or snooker. Remember Newtons law every action has an equal and opposite reaction. For example you hit a concrete wall at an angle of 45 degree from the left side it will deflect the pellet with speed towards the right at an angle of 45 degree. So you understand if you fire at the wall standing in front of it the pellet will come flying towards you (what if it hits you in the eye?).

Allah swt has given you only one set of eyes so always wear eye protection. Not the ordinary glasses but polycarbon glasses. They are tough and will not shatter they are also used in bullet proof glass as layers. I got mine from Shaheen traders for Rs.1,500.

Also always make sure the people around you know you are shooting and ask them to move over if you feel the pellet can come there way.

Now i hope you understand why this low powered air rifle when compared to gamo shadow is best for use inside home, and in city. The limit of ricochet can be judged and the possibility of overkill minimised. Overkill is if the pellet does not hit the target it can travel at lethal speed and hit something behind it like a man passing on the road. Or the pellet can pass right through the targets body and hit something behind again at lethal speeds.

Now if i had the same gun in .17 caliber instead of .22 the pellet would have generated more speed therefore the possibility of high speed ricochets and overkill would have been more.

Also .22 is more suitable for hunting because .17 pellet is only useful if you make a head shot. if you take a body shot the pellet will either pass through and the animal will run away or if you are lucky the pellet will hit a bone. With .22 a head shot will work and the body shot will put the animal in a state of shock and you will have time to put another pellet into it. Also it will penetrate and stay inside the body of the victim.

ANOTHER IMPORTANT THING LEAD IS POISONOUS, can cause CANCER and IMPOTENCY. Do not touch your face or eat anything while shooting with your hands. Always wash them thoroughly after shooting.

Enthusiast
    Wellcome Shahsaeein i also have same Delta model totally agree about the fun part but when you get used to of it you desire for more so i am planning to get another model which shahdow 1000fps its one hell of jem for airgun lovers, Although we won't compare it with diana as its has speed of more than 1200fps but considerlng the amount which is nearly 20k its good to have a arigun like that ....happy shooting
    \"A weapon isn\'t good or bad, depends on the person who uses it. \"

Expert Member
    Xmen, fps are according to caliber so be sure to check before you buy.

Muzzle Velocity 4,5mm/.177 ft/s 1000
    Muzzle Velocity 5,5mm/.22 ft/s 722
    Muzzle Velocity 6,35mm/.25 ft/s 623

Member Extraordinaire
    The Shadow 1000 is great. Good power, fibre optic sights, fair accuracy.... more than what I could ask for. Have been using it for more than a year, quite a number of pellet tins have gone through it...
    Outlawing guns will ensure that only outlaws will have guns.

having bought 2 packs of gamo match pro pellets yesterday and with no place to shoot firearms i decided to try out my gamo cadet after over a year. i bought this gun in 2009 from al-syaad, dubai for about rs. 9000/- but didn't shoot it much and it has been lying around without any cleaning or proper storage.

my brother yardie jutt and i had already broke a few wall tiles in such endeavours so we were warned to have a pellet trap to ensure there would be no collateral damage. here is what we did:

two plastic bags filled with sand to catch the pellets were put inside the shoe box. although most of the pellets were caught inside the bags still the gun seemed to out power the set up resulting in this:

so we put two plastic bottles filled with water under the sand bags to stop the already slowed pellets and after that there were no over enthusiastic pellets.

the range (approximately 10 meters)

the shooters:

first target shot to adjust the sights:

second target: two strings of 5 shots each shooter.

we both were able to shoot 44/50 with somewhat controlled shooting with breath control while casual shooting scores averaged 38. the gun is quite powerful and capable of shooting bulls in the hands of the right shooter.

i am the master of my unspoken words and slave to those that should have remained unspoken. -----Hazrat Ali (R.A)

nice shooting

Slayerjatt

Good show brother as well as nice shooting.
    Keep it up and keep coming.
    Always remember the golden rule "SAFETY ON TOP PRIORITY"

Nice Shooting Jutt Bro

nice shooting slayerjutt bro
    It is always man behind the machine

nice shooting good gun for home lizard control,never try to hunt bird with it.

Quote Originally Posted by raja yasir View Post
    nice shooting good gun for home lizard control,never try to hunt bird with it.
    is it unsafe to hunt birds with it?
    i am the master of my unspoken words and slave to those that should have remained unspoken. -----Hazrat Ali (R.A)

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayerjatt View Post
    is it unsafe to hunt birds with it?
    Slayer bhai we seen eachother at one shop and now i am keen to meet you to test both of our guns and we will enjoy sharing our experiences what you say ?

yes it is very unsafe for birds telling you from personal experience years ago bought it went for dove hunt after being impressed by its accuracy at 30 feet range at home,Pellets never got near the even the medium range doves so tried a shoot from 25 feet at a dove i was so close i saw the pellet hitting the middle but the dove flied away like nothing happened but it was hurt that is bad.So went to the shop next day and returned it but i still miss it when i see a lizard in my home.