Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Is carrying chambered pistol illegal by law in pakisan?

  1. #1
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    248

    Question Is carrying chambered pistol illegal by law in pakisan?

    AA,

    Response on my above question is greatly appreciated.
    I am sorry if it is already discussed then please redirect me to specific post so that I can get required info.
    Any authentic and valid legal reference? Thanks

    Regards,
    Ata
    Last edited by Ata; 24-05-2022 at 01:14 PM.
    Jis haal may jeena mushkil ho, Us haal may jeena lazim hay

  2. #2
    Supreme Member Fraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pindi / Attock
    Posts
    2,670
    Dear Ata bhai, MA SHA ALLAH good to see that a very old member of the forum has become active. Brother, there is no law which prohibits chambered carry, so you may carry it in chambered condition, however, please do abide by safety rules, practice drawing / holstering and shooting with your gun. If its a local pistol don't carry it chambered, local guns lack safeties
    Before you embark on a journey of Revenge, dig two graves - Confucius (504 BC)
    102nd Chairborne Rangers, Special Forums Operator Delta, The Keyboard Commandos

  3. #3
    I'm looking for makarov Russian military efa holster but could not find it.
    Which is best gadget for carrying empty chambered gun.
    Basic interest Shotguns 💕
    My life my rules...

  4. #4
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    248
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraz View Post
    Dear Ata bhai, MA SHA ALLAH good to see that a very old member of the forum has become active. Brother, there is no law which prohibits chambered carry, so you may carry it in chambered condition, however, please do abide by safety rules, practice drawing / holstering and shooting with your gun. If its a local pistol don't carry it chambered, local guns lack safeties
    Thank you very much for your response sir.
    Jis haal may jeena mushkil ho, Us haal may jeena lazim hay

  5. #5
    Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    18,214
    Well. I carry a revolver most of the time. However, there is no law that states a weapon has to be chamber empty (how would you do that in a revolver anyway?) Yes, cops like to make issue, but that's just to get a few extra bucks.

    BTW, carrying chamber empty is not a practice I would ever recommend. The bad guys coming for you won't carry chamber empty and you cant call 'time out' in a gun fight.

    If you are not comfortable with one in the pipe just get a nice revolver.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

  6. #6
    It is very possible, and historic, to carry a single-action revolver with an empty chamber under the hammer. Most modern revolvers have a blocking safety to keep the firing pin away from the hammer, but I don't know if Pakistani local revolvers all have this safety feature. The "Israeli Carry Method" always starts with an empty chamber and includes racking the slide as part of the draw. When well practiced it is actually very fast and effective.

  7. #7
    Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    18,214
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    It is very possible, and historic, to carry a single-action revolver with an empty chamber under the hammer. Most modern revolvers have a blocking safety to keep the firing pin away from the hammer, but I don't know if Pakistani local revolvers all have this safety feature. The "Israeli Carry Method" always starts with an empty chamber and includes racking the slide as part of the draw. When well practiced it is actually very fast and effective.
    I have heard of someone who had a single action revolver. I even saw one once, around 10 years back. Some sort of ancient family hairloom without any ammo.

    Here we usually get Arminius Taurus, SnW and colt. One can carry chamber empty in a wheel gun I suppose, since the cylinder will rotate before the shot. But most modern wheelies tend to be safe. As for locals. I have seen a few .38 break top .32 snW long ones. But I don't think they can be recommended for actual duty. I was once offered one for around 2 or 2.5k ($10-12 as of today). I declined.

    Here, we usually get mugged while driving (quoting from personal experience). Its kind of tough to load a weapon in such a situation. Main reason I stopped carrying my Tokarav was because I was not comfortable with one in the pipe.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

  8. #8
    As far as I know, all modern revolvers have a firing pin block so they are safe with full cylinders. I rarely carry a revolver, but I do have some favorites and one or another is usually close at hand. My favorites are a S&W 442, 317, a 3 inch barreled 1917 in .45ACP, and a 3 inch Colt 1917 in .45 Colt. I tend to like the larger caliber wheel guns.

  9. #9
    Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    18,214
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    As far as I know, all modern revolvers have a firing pin block so they are safe with full cylinders. I rarely carry a revolver, but I do have some favorites and one or another is usually close at hand. My favorites are a S&W 442, 317, a 3 inch barreled 1917 in .45ACP, and a 3 inch Colt 1917 in .45 Colt. I tend to like the larger caliber wheel guns.
    I got lighter springs for my Taurus 226 tracker .357. The DA is now quite light and the SA is lighter. I need to test it at the range for reliability prior to carrying it. Wile I do carry pistols, I dont feel underarmed in any way when carrying a wheelie.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

  10. #10
    Yes, be sure you do not "under-spring" the gun...that could cause reliability problems.

  11. #11
    Since you are in Karachi try to get 144 permit to avoid any dispute and hassles with idiotic LEAs. Here in Karachi they ask for 144 (atleast police) and can cause trouble. Just my two cents. Legally as I know no need but practice takes preference over laws in this city/country.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ata View Post
    AA,

    Response on my above question is greatly appreciated.
    I am sorry if it is already discussed then please redirect me to specific post so that I can get required info.
    Any authentic and valid legal reference? Thanks

    Regards,
    Ata

  12. #12
    Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    18,214
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    Yes, be sure you do not "under-spring" the gun...that could cause reliability problems.
    Yes. I am afraid of that. I have to check the new ones at the range.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

  13. #13
    Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    18,214
    Quote Originally Posted by wajeeh View Post
    Since you are in Karachi try to get 144 permit to avoid any dispute and hassles with idiotic LEAs. Here in Karachi they ask for 144 (atleast police) and can cause trouble. Just my two cents. Legally as I know no need but practice takes preference over laws in this city/country.
    Yes. Thats why I am always particular about carry permits and dont leave home without them.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •