Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need advise for purchasing a NIB handgun

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    In strikers. I trust only one weapon. The Glock. I have seen Caniks fail. Both FTF and FTE issues. Also the Canik Elite Combat that the good Deathrow bought. It's rear sights were misaligned. He hammered em back into position and ended up denting it a bit. He has since, shed his Canik Elite combat and gotten a Glock 19 Gen 5 as his EDC.
    I started carrying with a CF 98 in 2011, upgraded to a Canik P100 in 2019 and now moved to Glock 19 Gen 4
    Before you embark on a journey of Revenge, dig two graves - Confucius (504 BC)
    102nd Chairborne Rangers, Special Forums Operator Delta, The Keyboard Commandos

Quote Originally Posted by Fraz View Post
    I started carrying with a CF 98 in 2011, upgraded to a Canik P100 in 2019 and now moved to Glock 19 Gen 4
    Actually I like the grip of glock gen 4 more the of gen 5, I bought a glock 19 gen 5 but still carry one of my hammer fired handguns.

Quote Originally Posted by FA226 View Post
    Actually I like the grip of glock gen 4 more the of gen 5, I bought a glock 19 gen 5 but still carry one of my hammer fired handguns.
    I bought the Gen 4 because i like its grip too.

I never liked the finger grooves on Glocks, they never quite fit where my fingers wanted to go. First Glock I ever bought was a 43, but sold that when I discovered the 43X. I think it will be my "forever" carry gun.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    I never liked the finger grooves on Glocks, they never quite fit where my fingers wanted to go. First Glock I ever bought was a 43, but sold that when I discovered the 43X. I think it will be my "forever" carry gun.
    I agree dear, the finger grooves are not for everyone. Its always personal preference.

Lord of War
    Personal choice and fit is ideal for everyone. For me, the backstraps on glocks are useless, as in the entire area of palm, the fingers provide firm grip with more force. (keeping hand pliers/wrenches in mind).. . They should have provided front straps, plian and grooved (diff. sizes) instead of back straps and this would have been a unique feature of Glock. But small changes are marketing tactics imo..

In strikers. I trust only one weapon. The Glock. I have seen Caniks fail. Both FTF and FTE issues. Also the Canik Elite Combat that the good Deathrow bought. It's rear sights were misaligned. He hammered em back into position and ended up denting it a bit. He has since, shed his Canik Elite combat and gotten a Glock 19 Gen 5 as his EDC.
    What about PT92? I have been quoted 160K for it. Any known issue about its performance?

Quote Originally Posted by amkhan View Post
    What about PT92? I have been quoted 160K for it. Any known issue about its performance?
    160k is bit high for tauras.in Peshawar you can get a new m9 or 92fs for 200k or good used one 95 percent condition for 160k.
    no issues with pt92s performance though,i had one in past only one issue some time the slide will not lock back when last round is fired.

160k is bit high for tauras.in Peshawar you can get a new m9 or 92fs for 200k or good used one 95 percent condition for 160k.
    no issues with pt92s performance though,i had one in past only one issue some time the slide will not lock back when last round is fired.
    How to get fs92 NIB from Peshawar? I am residing in Karachi.

Makarov at 100k np22 75k & cf98 at 60k are economical time tested weapons
    Telling you the rates of Peshawar market of last week
    Basic interest Shotguns 💕
    My life my rules...

you will have to come to Peshawar with a all Pakistan licence.

you will have to come to Peshawar with a all Pakistan licence.
    There's also other way but no idea how much carrier would get
    My life my rules...

In Peshawar its for 145k

If the difference is 15k between khi and pwr
    Then there's no point to buy from Peshawar
    Because transportation will also cost more than 15 k
    If you hire a carrier he will also get more than 15k
    Better check throughly in your hands and buy from Karachi
    There's no known issues in pt 92 99 917 etc
    They are time tested weapons
    My life my rules...

"There's no known issues in pt 92 99 917 etc. They are time tested weapons"

That is assuming they are actually built in/imported from Italy. Taurus of Brazil made some good copies, but I would not automatically assume they are Italian.

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Good amkhan. I am afraid that 160k is a bit steep for a PT 92. I myself am upgrading to either the PT 92 or the Girsam MC Regard called POF X that is available at the POF outlet at Lucky Star, Saddar Karachi.

I had a dream a couple of nights back in which I was the proud owner of a stainless steel Taurus PT 92. I was last offered one back in Jan for 145k.

I have seen used pieces go for 125k or so.

However the Girsan MC regard is also a very good gun. A Turkish Berreta 92 FS clone with a loaded chamber indicator and a rail.

Me and the good Deathrow took it apart at the POF outlet and checked its internal very thoroughly. I was quite impressed. If the Taurus PT 92 is beyond my budget I will get the X. at Rs. 99k (roughly $500) it is a good buy indeed.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    As for the Berreta 92 FS. I am not sure about the real deal or a clone. Some of the clones are extremely good. Take Farooq Ali Shah (FAQ) clones. I could not differentiate at all. And then there are those that have actual beretta barrels inside or SnW sigma gen 2 SnW VE9 barrels.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Good amkhan. I am afraid that 160k is a bit steep for a PT 92. I myself am upgrading to either the PT 92 or the Girsam MC Regard called POF X that is available at the POF outlet at Lucky Star, Saddar Karachi.

I had a dream a couple of nights back in which I was the proud owner of a stainless steel Taurus PT 92. I was last offered one back in Jan for 145k.

I have seen used pieces go for 125k or so.

However the Girsan MC regard is also a very good gun. A Turkish Berreta 92 FS clone with a loaded chamber indicator and a rail.

Me and the good Deathrow took it apart at the POF outlet and checked its internal very thoroughly. I was quite impressed. If the Taurus PT 92 is beyond my budget I will get the X. at Rs. 99k (roughly $500) it is a good buy indeed.
    i have personally owned and used a pt92 but girsan is much better then it.i have my self disassembled and checked pofx it has nice fit and finish and 18 rounds italian magazine.its good value for money.

"There's no known issues in pt 92 99 917 etc. They are time tested weapons"

That is assuming they are actually built in/imported from Italy. Taurus of Brazil made some good copies, but I would not automatically assume they are Italian.
    The only issue i faced with mine was some times slide not locking back on last round fired.

As for the Berreta 92 FS. I am not sure about the real deal or a clone. Some of the clones are extremely good. Take Farooq Ali Shah (FAQ) clones. I could not differentiate at all. And then there are those that have actual beretta barrels inside or SnW sigma gen 2 SnW VE9 barrels.
    yes there are lot of clones but you can recognise it from international small parts if you have been using berettas in the past but i agree with you its difficult to judge,one needs a proper field strip to check. i have had two fs92 in past a italian made and a usa made.