Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need advise for purchasing a NIB handgun

Need advise for purchasing a NIB handgun

Assalam o Alaikum dear seniors.

I want to upgrade my handgun (Zigana sports (local version)) to any other imported decent 9mm handgun.

Could you kindly advise which are the available options within the budget of 200,000/- and where to buy in Karachi.

Thanks a lot.

You have lots of options within 200k bro. Zigana F/K, Canik TP9 series, Baikal Viking, and HS9 are all good guns with great reviews that will serve you well. You can find these within the 140-190k range at Saddar lucky star or perhaps the newly opened gun shops in DHA. The gun you end up buying will ultimately depend upon its appeal to you and how it feels in your hand when you are out shopping. However, I doubt you can go wrong with the one's mentioned as I have only heard good things about them.

Quote Originally Posted by amkhan View Post
    Assalam o Alaikum dear seniors.

I want to upgrade my handgun (Zigana sports (local version)) to any other imported decent 9mm handgun.

Could you kindly advise which are the available options within the budget of 200,000/- and where to buy in Karachi.

Thanks a lot.
    Wasalam dear, i suggest you visit POF outlet and check out the canik models. Priced between 100-120k, very good options
    Before you embark on a journey of Revenge, dig two graves - Confucius (504 BC)
    102nd Chairborne Rangers, Special Forums Operator Delta, The Keyboard Commandos

https://ammoterra.com/product/ahss-f...omatic-pistols

AGAOGLU AHSS FXS 9. A very good and very accurate pistol with very low price. I have a Glock 19 and this one seems more rugged and ergonomic.
    In stressful situations we do not rise to the occasion, we fall to our level of training.

Thank you very much for the suggestion. Can you please guide where is the POF outlet in Karachi?

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol View Post
    https://ammoterra.com/product/ahss-f...omatic-pistols

AGAOGLU AHSS FXS 9. A very good and very accurate pistol with very low price. I have a Glock 19 and this one seems more rugged and ergonomic.
    Thanks for the reply. I will definitely check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper10 View Post
    You have lots of options within 200k bro. Zigana F/K, Canik TP9 series, Baikal Viking, and HS9 are all good guns with great reviews that will serve you well. You can find these within the 140-190k range at Saddar lucky star or perhaps the newly opened gun shops in DHA. The gun you end up buying will ultimately depend upon its appeal to you and how it feels in your hand when you are out shopping. However, I doubt you can go wrong with the one's mentioned as I have only heard good things about them.
    Thank you brother for the advise. It seems a visit to lucky star is much needed.

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    The gun that balances well in 'your' and you can point it instinctively - is the gun to get. Add to that your intended purpose. If its a range gun,size is not a consideration. If its for conceal carry, then there are a host of factors to take into consideration. Ranging from size based on the clothes you like to wear, to hammer fired SA/DA options all the way to manual and decocker less SA only striker variants.

Most imported guns are reliable out of the box and might require some tweaking of the sights to ensure the POI is the same as POA.

I find it more convenient to have different weapons for range and carry. The POF X has caught my eye. Me and Deathrow disassembled it and checked it carefully for any kind of tool marks and burrs. There were none. We concluded that it was basically a Girsan MC Regard with POF markings.

It has everything I would want for a range gun. Good price, reliable open slide design, SA/DA trigger, hammer, manual safety, decocker, loaded chamber indicator, rail for accessories. All under 100k. And mags are available easily.

The drawback. its a very big gun and not easy to conceal carry. I find its long barrel a natural pointer as is the case with the Beretta design.

I am not a fan of the striker fired manual safetyless, hammerless striker fired weapon for conceal carry.

Ultimately, its your personal preferences that will decide it all.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    The gun that balances well in 'your' and you can point it instinctively - is the gun to get. Add to that your intended purpose. If its a range gun,size is not a consideration. If its for conceal carry, then there are a host of factors to take into consideration. Ranging from size based on the clothes you like to wear, to hammer fired SA/DA options all the way to manual and decocker less SA only striker variants.

Most imported guns are reliable out of the box and might require some tweaking of the sights to ensure the POI is the same as POA.

I find it more convenient to have different weapons for range and carry. The POF X has caught my eye. Me and Deathrow disassembled it and checked it carefully for any kind of tool marks and burrs. There were none. We concluded that it was basically a Girsan MC Regard with POF markings.

It has everything I would want for a range gun. Good price, reliable open slide design, SA/DA trigger, hammer, manual safety, decocker, loaded chamber indicator, rail for accessories. All under 100k. And mags are available easily.

The drawback. its a very big gun and not easy to conceal carry. I find its long barrel a natural pointer as is the case with the Beretta design.

I am not a fan of the striker fired manual safetyless, hammerless striker fired weapon for conceal carry.

Thanks ED bro for ur advise. Currently i m having Zig sports but it is bit bulky and not good for conceal carry. I know you are not a big fan of hammer less ones, but what do you suggest to go for either TP9 compact elite /Sarsilmaz ST9/CF98 or something else which is not bulky and can be easily CC.
    By any chance if you are going to luck star in coming days, do let me know. We can hunt the market togather.

Btw, I called POF outlet and Famous Arms to check the prices for TP9 and both are quoting different prices. POF is asking 105k and famous arms quoted between 120 to 135k for the same TP9 ( may be different versions of TP9).

Hi All,

I have ended up with Taurus TH9 from famous Arms lucky star. InshaAllah will be sharing pictures soon.

Btw, I called POF outlet and Famous Arms to check the prices for TP9 and both are quoting different prices. POF is asking 105k and famous arms quoted between 120 to 135k for the same TP9 ( may be different versions of TP9).
    POF has only three Canik models, they're cheaper than open market (comparing prices of same models). However the open market has a wider variety of models, colors etc.

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2022-04-26 at 8.23.34 PM (2).jpg
Views: 291
Size:  55.9 KBName:  WhatsApp Image 2022-04-26 at 8.23.34 PM (1).jpg
Views: 283
Size:  55.3 KBName:  WhatsApp Image 2022-04-26 at 8.23.34 PM.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  28.2 KBName:  WhatsApp Image 2022-04-26 at 8.23.33 PM (1).jpg
Views: 274
Size:  22.4 KBName:  WhatsApp Image 2022-04-26 at 8.23.33 PM.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  15.5 KBName:  WhatsApp Image 2022-04-26 at 8.23.32 PM (1).jpg
Views: 284
Size:  21.6 KB
    Hi All,

I have ended up with Taurus TH9 from famous Arms lucky star. InshaAllah will be sharing pictures soon.
    Eager to try it on the shooting range.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Fraz View Post
    POF has only three Canik models, they're cheaper than open market (comparing prices of same models). However the open market has a wider variety of models, colors etc.
    Thanks brother. I went to buy Canik but was not much convinced with the striker fired one, so this Taurus was having all the options i want like SA/DA, safety and de-cocker etc. I am happy with it. It came with 2 magazines, unlike Taurus G3, which comes with three mags.
    Moreover the grip of this gun in my hand is awesome.

Oh dear. I won't have recommended you this weapon. Their PT 92 series as well as their revolvers are flawless. Cant say the same for their other offerings. The G3C has a bad habit of blowing up. Its downright monotanous. I saw one such in Karachi. Know of many others.

As for the 809e which is this one's predesessor. I saw it fail pretty badly. I used to love it for its features. So helped fellow member Lunatix get one. ts rear sight failed after a couple of hundred shots. Saw fellow member Liberaal's 809e fail at the range. Complete lemeon FTE issues. Saw multiple 809 pistols returned to the shops. Fellow member Eddie has had enough experience with them to refer to them not as pistols, but as memes.

The TH9 is a direct successor of the 809. I hope for your sake that yours is not a lemon.

I myself own a Taurus 627 Tracker .357 magnum revolver and will be buying either the POF X or the Taurus PT 92. But their polymer offerings are a hit or miss affair.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Oh dear. I won't have recommended you this weapon. Their PT 92 series as well as their revolvers are flawless. Cant say the same for their other offerings. The G3C has a bad habit of blowing up. Its downright monotanous. I saw one such in Karachi. Know of many others.

As for the 809e which is this one's predesessor. I saw it fail pretty badly. I used to love it for its features. So helped fellow member Lunatix get one. ts rear sight failed after a couple of hundred shots. Saw fellow member Liberaal's 809e fail at the range. Complete lemeon FTE issues. Saw multiple 809 pistols returned to the shops. Fellow member Eddie has had enough experience with them to refer to them not as pistols, but as memes.

The TH9 is a direct successor of the 809. I hope for your sake that yours is not a lemon.

I myself own a Taurus 627 Tracker .357 magnum revolver and will be buying either the POF X or the Taurus PT 92. But their polymer offerings are a hit or miss affair.
    Puzzled!!
    What could be done now.? Can i give it back to the dealer now? The shells are gone for forensic. I am sure returning it wont be smooth and the dealer will rip me off.
    Another option is to keep it for sometime and see how it performs.
    Don't know what to do.

Btw, seen so many videos on YT and majority have given the feedback on the positive side. Few reported to have FTF issues but overall it seems fine in those videos. I am thinking to give it a torture test and see if there is a problem with it. I am hoping and praying that Taurus might have learned from past and now the issues might be addressed. Let see.

Dear ED bro, please suggest what should i replace this Taurus with? Any specific thing in ur mind. My main purpose is SD and dont want to rely on something which is unpredictable. Please suggest as i can't delay it further if i need to replace it.
    Other respected senior members are also requested to share their thoughts.
    Last edited by amkhan; 28-04-2022 at 09:23 AM.

Dear ED bro, please suggest what should i replace this Taurus with? Any specific thing in ur mind. My main purpose is SD and dont want to rely on something which is unpredictable. Please suggest as i can't delay it further if i need to replace it.
    Other respected senior members are also requested to share their thoughts.
    Dear as I had suggested earlier, canik models are reliable. If you don't want sticker fired guns then starting from low budget, CF98 is a very good gun with all requisite features, NP 22/34, Zig 14, Girsan (Beretta clone), POF X, baikal mp 446, Beretta M9.

In strikers. I trust only one weapon. The Glock. I have seen Caniks fail. Both FTF and FTE issues. Also the Canik Elite Combat that the good Deathrow bought. It's rear sights were misaligned. He hammered em back into position and ended up denting it a bit. He has since, shed his Canik Elite combat and gotten a Glock 19 Gen 5 as his EDC.