Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Thread: Advice for new handgun

  1. #1
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    262

    Advice for new handgun

    Assalam-o-alaikum friends,
    I recently received DM for purchasing NPB gun, I am resident of Rawalpindi and visited Liaqat Bagh couple of days ago for a short survey.
    Only CF 98 (@65K) and Taurus TH 9(@110K) are available.
    Called Badarudin, he has Zigana PX9 for 99K.
    I will always prefer hammer fire gun.
    I have budget of 100K maximum, seniors are requested for advice. Purpose is HD/SD and rarely conceal carry as well.
    Last edited by Kamran80; 06-12-2021 at 07:01 PM.

  2. #2
    Member Extraordinaire FA226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    4,306
    waalikumsalam.
    you like hammer fired guns then if you can get zig 14 in your budget its a very nice shooting gun,copy of browing hight power some come with 13 round mags like original high power and some are imported with 15 round mags or
    you can simply go for cf 98 a good budget hand gun.

  3. #3
    Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    18,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamran80 View Post
    Assalam-o-alaikum friends,
    I recently received DM for purchasing NPB gun, I am resident of Rawalpindi and visited Liaqat Bagh couple of days ago for a short survey.
    Only CF 98 (@65K) and Taurus TH 9(@110K) are available.
    Called Badarudin, he has Zigana PX9 for 99K.
    I will always prefer hammer fire gun.
    I have budget of 100K maximum, seniors are requested for advice. Purpose is HD/SD and rarely conceal carry as well.
    The CF 98 is a good gun. decent robust and reliable package that gets the job done. And the price is also very good.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

  4. #4
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    The CF 98 is a good gun. decent robust and reliable package that gets the job done. And the price is also very good.
    Thanks ED bro, I will stick to your advice, I was wondering whether I will be able to get a good holster for CF98 or I have to rest with typical pouches called "Kash"

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamran80 View Post
    Thanks ED bro, I will stick to your advice, I was wondering whether I will be able to get a good holster for CF98 or I have to rest with typical pouches called "Kash"
    For a first time buyer I'd always recommend a CF98 or NP42 to start off with untill they are experienced & confident enough to upgrade and carry a striker fired safely. Even though I don't know if you are a first time buyer or not but that's generally what I'd advise and have been advising to my own friends & family newbies too, and did exactly the same myself over 10 years ago when I was upgrading to imported guns from the local copies (since quite a young age).. Bought a Zastava M57 & a CF98 those days. Do NOT worry about the "Kash" at all our markets are full of cheap & beautiful universal holsters/ Kashes and worse case scenario you could go or order a custom made one for CF98 from Chowk Yadgaar or Sitara Market Peshawar.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    KARACHI
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamran80 View Post
    Assalam-o-alaikum friends,
    I recently received DM for purchasing NPB gun, I am resident of Rawalpindi and visited Liaqat Bagh couple of days ago for a short survey.
    Only CF 98 (@65K) and Taurus TH 9(@110K) are available.
    Called Badarudin, he has Zigana PX9 for 99K.
    I will always prefer hammer fire gun.
    I have budget of 100K maximum, seniors are requested for advice. Purpose is HD/SD and rarely conceal carry as well.
    go for cf98, best value for money
    PB = Polished Brass

  7. #7
    Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    18,136
    Quote Originally Posted by MK47 View Post
    For a first time buyer I'd always recommend a CF98 or NP42 to start off with untill they are experienced & confident enough to upgrade and carry a striker fired safely. Even though I don't know if you are a first time buyer or not but that's generally what I'd advise and have been advising to my own friends & family newbies too, and did exactly the same myself over 10 years ago when I was upgrading to imported guns from the local copies (since quite a young age).. Bought a Zastava M57 & a CF98 those days. Do NOT worry about the "Kash" at all our markets are full of cheap & beautiful universal holsters/ Kashes and worse case scenario you could go or order a custom made one for CF98 from Chowk Yadgaar or Sitara Market Peshawar.
    My sentiments exactly!
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

  8. #8
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by MK47 View Post
    For a first time buyer I'd always recommend a CF98 or NP42 to start off with untill they are experienced & confident enough to upgrade and carry a striker fired safely. Even though I don't know if you are a first time buyer or not but that's generally what I'd advise and have been advising to my own friends & family newbies too, and did exactly the same myself over 10 years ago when I was upgrading to imported guns from the local copies (since quite a young age).. Bought a Zastava M57 & a CF98 those days. Do NOT worry about the "Kash" at all our markets are full of cheap & beautiful universal holsters/ Kashes and worse case scenario you could go or order a custom made one for CF98 from Chowk Yadgaar or Sitara Market Peshawar.
    Thanks for advice, CF 98 has been voted as winner for newbies

  9. #9
    Supreme Member Fraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pindi / Attock
    Posts
    2,590
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamran80 View Post
    Assalam-o-alaikum friends,
    I recently received DM for purchasing NPB gun, I am resident of Rawalpindi and visited Liaqat Bagh couple of days ago for a short survey.
    Only CF 98 (@65K) and Taurus TH 9(@110K) are available.
    Called Badarudin, he has Zigana PX9 for 99K.
    I will always prefer hammer fire gun.
    I have budget of 100K maximum, seniors are requested for advice. Purpose is HD/SD and rarely conceal carry as well.
    AOA Dear, CF 98 is a very reasonably priced good handgun. It has all the required safeties of a modern handgun, including firing pin block safety, in addition to a decocker/ manual safety. It remained by EDC gun for over 8 years, and it was my first own gun. You can keep it for HD as well as CC. Go for it
    Before you embark on a journey of Revenge, dig two graves - Confucius (504 BC)
    102nd Chairborne Rangers, Special Forums Operator Delta, The Keyboard Commandos

  10. #10
    Supreme Member Fraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pindi / Attock
    Posts
    2,590
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamran80 View Post
    Thanks ED bro, I will stick to your advice, I was wondering whether I will be able to get a good holster for CF98 or I have to rest with typical pouches called "Kash"
    Dear you may visit Shams Saddlers at Massey Gate pindi, they make custom leather holsters, select the type of holster you want and they'll make for CF. in winters i use shoulder holster, summers i use IWB.
    Before you embark on a journey of Revenge, dig two graves - Confucius (504 BC)
    102nd Chairborne Rangers, Special Forums Operator Delta, The Keyboard Commandos

  11. #11
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraz View Post
    AOA Dear, CF 98 is a very reasonably priced good handgun. It has all the required safeties of a modern handgun, including firing pin block safety, in addition to a decocker/ manual safety. It remained by EDC gun for over 8 years, and it was my first own gun. You can keep it for HD as well as CC. Go for it
    Thanks for your valuable advice, no doubt it has all the required features.

  12. #12
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraz View Post
    Dear you may visit Shams Saddlers at Massey Gate pindi, they make custom leather holsters, select the type of holster you want and they'll make for CF. in winters i use shoulder holster, summers i use IWB.
    Can you please post pics of both holsters . Thanks in anticipation.

  13. #13
    Supreme Member Fraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pindi / Attock
    Posts
    2,590
    https://m.facebook.com/shamssaddlers/ dear you may go through this page to see all types of holsters which they make
    Before you embark on a journey of Revenge, dig two graves - Confucius (504 BC)
    102nd Chairborne Rangers, Special Forums Operator Delta, The Keyboard Commandos

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraz View Post
    Dear you may visit Shams Saddlers at Massey Gate pindi, they make custom leather holsters, select the type of holster you want and they'll make for CF. in winters i use shoulder holster, summers i use IWB.
    They are good from what I have seen Fraz but pricey for a newbie I'd just recommend just a normal Parachute pre-made universal holster or even a custom made in Peshawar won't cost more than 2k. I know one guy in Mardan he'll make him a good custom made leather one for around 2.5k-3K, proper FBI style. And ironically when I visited him a few years ago he showed me a few samples he had made on order fir customers one of he specifically mentioned was for a CF98 without me asking him. Shams Saddlers will set him back min 6-7K, which in my opinion is not really worth spending on a CF. Other's may well disagree but again it's a matter of one's choice & opinion but I'm just trying to save Kamran or anyone else a few bucks.
    Last edited by MK47; 12-12-2021 at 03:21 AM.

  15. #15
    Supreme Member Fraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pindi / Attock
    Posts
    2,590
    Quote Originally Posted by MK47 View Post
    They are good from what I have seen Fraz but pricey for a newbie I'd just recommend just a normal Parachute pre-made universal holster or even a custom made in Peshawar won't cost more than 2k. I know one guy in Mardan he'll make him a good custom made leather one for around 2.5k-3K, proper FBI style. And ironically when I visited him a few years ago he showed me a few samples he had made on order fir customers one of he specifically mentioned was for a CF98 without me asking him. Shams Saddlers will set him back min 6-7K, which in my opinion is not really worth spending on a CF. Other's may well disagree but again it's a matter of one's choice & opinion but I'm just trying to save Kamran or anyone else a few bucks.
    AOA Dear brother, yes Shams is very pricey but the products last a lifetime. However there's no harm in trying other options, I've been using cheaper iwb holsters. Can you please share details of the Mardan guy, I'll give him a visit. Regards
    Before you embark on a journey of Revenge, dig two graves - Confucius (504 BC)
    102nd Chairborne Rangers, Special Forums Operator Delta, The Keyboard Commandos

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraz View Post
    AOA Dear brother, yes Shams is very pricey but the products last a lifetime. However there's no harm in trying other options, I've been using cheaper iwb holsters. Can you please share details of the Mardan guy, I'll give him a visit. Regards
    Yes ofcourse I'll happy to help. Gimme an email or a whatsapp contact will do what I can.

  17. #17
    Supreme Member Fraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pindi / Attock
    Posts
    2,590
    Quote Originally Posted by MK47 View Post
    Yes ofcourse I'll happy to help. Gimme an email or a whatsapp contact will do what I can.
    fraznawaz@hotmail.com
    Before you embark on a journey of Revenge, dig two graves - Confucius (504 BC)
    102nd Chairborne Rangers, Special Forums Operator Delta, The Keyboard Commandos

  18. #18
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by MK47 View Post
    They are good from what I have seen Fraz but pricey for a newbie I'd just recommend just a normal Parachute pre-made universal holster or even a custom made in Peshawar won't cost more than 2k. I know one guy in Mardan he'll make him a good custom made leather one for around 2.5k-3K, proper FBI style. And ironically when I visited him a few years ago he showed me a few samples he had made on order fir customers one of he specifically mentioned was for a CF98 without me asking him. Shams Saddlers will set him back min 6-7K, which in my opinion is not really worth spending on a CF. Other's may well disagree but again it's a matter of one's choice & opinion but I'm just trying to save Kamran or anyone else a few bucks.
    Thanks a lot for advice not to spend enough money considering value of CF98. But I will pay a visit to see their products.

  19. #19
    Supreme Member Fraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pindi / Attock
    Posts
    2,590
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamran80 View Post
    Thanks a lot for advice not to spend enough money considering value of CF98. But I will pay a visit to see their products.
    Dear, holsters are like chips, you just can't have one. I bought the CF for 38k, my holsters were worth more than that. Btw the most used holster remained the IWB one which i bought for 800-900. Shoulder holsters are good for winters only
    Before you embark on a journey of Revenge, dig two graves - Confucius (504 BC)
    102nd Chairborne Rangers, Special Forums Operator Delta, The Keyboard Commandos

  20. #20
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraz View Post
    Dear, holsters are like chips, you just can't have one. I bought the CF for 38k, my holsters were worth more than that. Btw the most used holster remained the IWB one which i bought for 800-900. Shoulder holsters are good for winters only
    IWB holster was bought from Shams Saddler? I am also interested in IWB.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •