Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice for new handgun

Enthusiast

Advice for new handgun

Assalam-o-alaikum friends,
    I recently received DM for purchasing NPB gun, I am resident of Rawalpindi and visited Liaqat Bagh couple of days ago for a short survey.
    Only CF 98 (@65K) and Taurus TH 9(@110K) are available.
    Called Badarudin, he has Zigana PX9 for 99K.
    I will always prefer hammer fire gun.
    I have budget of 100K maximum, seniors are requested for advice. Purpose is HD/SD and rarely conceal carry as well.
    Last edited by Kamran80; 06-12-2021 at 07:01 PM.

waalikumsalam.
    you like hammer fired guns then if you can get zig 14 in your budget its a very nice shooting gun,copy of browing hight power some come with 13 round mags like original high power and some are imported with 15 round mags or
    you can simply go for cf 98 a good budget hand gun.

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamran80 View Post
    I recently received DM for purchasing NPB gun, I am resident of Rawalpindi and visited Liaqat Bagh couple of days ago for a short survey.
    I have budget of 100K maximum, seniors are requested for advice. Purpose is HD/SD and rarely conceal carry as well.
    The CF 98 is a good gun. decent robust and reliable package that gets the job done. And the price is also very good.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    The CF 98 is a good gun. decent robust and reliable package that gets the job done. And the price is also very good.
    Thanks ED bro, I will stick to your advice, I was wondering whether I will be able to get a good holster for CF98 or I have to rest with typical pouches called "Kash"

Thanks ED bro, I will stick to your advice, I was wondering whether I will be able to get a good holster for CF98 or I have to rest with typical pouches called "Kash"
    For a first time buyer I'd always recommend a CF98 or NP42 to start off with untill they are experienced & confident enough to upgrade and carry a striker fired safely. Even though I don't know if you are a first time buyer or not but that's generally what I'd advise and have been advising to my own friends & family newbies too, and did exactly the same myself over 10 years ago when I was upgrading to imported guns from the local copies (since quite a young age).. Bought a Zastava M57 & a CF98 those days. Do NOT worry about the "Kash" at all our markets are full of cheap & beautiful universal holsters/ Kashes and worse case scenario you could go or order a custom made one for CF98 from Chowk Yadgaar or Sitara Market Peshawar.

go for cf98, best value for money
    PB = Polished Brass

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MK47 View Post
    For a first time buyer I'd always recommend a CF98 or NP42 to start off with untill they are experienced & confident enough to upgrade and carry a striker fired safely. Even though I don't know if you are a first time buyer or not but that's generally what I'd advise and have been advising to my own friends & family newbies too, and did exactly the same myself over 10 years ago when I was upgrading to imported guns from the local copies (since quite a young age).. Bought a Zastava M57 & a CF98 those days. Do NOT worry about the "Kash" at all our markets are full of cheap & beautiful universal holsters/ Kashes and worse case scenario you could go or order a custom made one for CF98 from Chowk Yadgaar or Sitara Market Peshawar.
    My sentiments exactly!
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Enthusiast
    Thanks for advice, CF 98 has been voted as winner for newbies

AOA Dear, CF 98 is a very reasonably priced good handgun. It has all the required safeties of a modern handgun, including firing pin block safety, in addition to a decocker/ manual safety. It remained by EDC gun for over 8 years, and it was my first own gun. You can keep it for HD as well as CC. Go for it
    Before you embark on a journey of Revenge, dig two graves - Confucius (504 BC)
    102nd Chairborne Rangers, Special Forums Operator Delta, The Keyboard Commandos

Dear you may visit Shams Saddlers at Massey Gate pindi, they make custom leather holsters, select the type of holster you want and they'll make for CF. in winters i use shoulder holster, summers i use IWB.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraz View Post
    AOA Dear, CF 98 is a very reasonably priced good handgun. It has all the required safeties of a modern handgun, including firing pin block safety, in addition to a decocker/ manual safety. It remained by EDC gun for over 8 years, and it was my first own gun. You can keep it for HD as well as CC. Go for it
    Thanks for your valuable advice, no doubt it has all the required features.

Enthusiast
    Dear you may visit Shams Saddlers at Massey Gate pindi, they make custom leather holsters, select the type of holster you want and they'll make for CF. in winters i use shoulder holster, summers i use IWB.
    Can you please post pics of both holsters . Thanks in anticipation.

https://m.facebook.com/shamssaddlers/ dear you may go through this page to see all types of holsters which they make

They are good from what I have seen Fraz but pricey for a newbie I'd just recommend just a normal Parachute pre-made universal holster or even a custom made in Peshawar won't cost more than 2k. I know one guy in Mardan he'll make him a good custom made leather one for around 2.5k-3K, proper FBI style. And ironically when I visited him a few years ago he showed me a few samples he had made on order fir customers one of he specifically mentioned was for a CF98 without me asking him. Shams Saddlers will set him back min 6-7K, which in my opinion is not really worth spending on a CF. Other's may well disagree but again it's a matter of one's choice & opinion but I'm just trying to save Kamran or anyone else a few bucks.
    Last edited by MK47; 12-12-2021 at 03:21 AM.

They are good from what I have seen Fraz but pricey for a newbie I'd just recommend just a normal Parachute pre-made universal holster or even a custom made in Peshawar won't cost more than 2k. I know one guy in Mardan he'll make him a good custom made leather one for around 2.5k-3K, proper FBI style. And ironically when I visited him a few years ago he showed me a few samples he had made on order fir customers one of he specifically mentioned was for a CF98 without me asking him. Shams Saddlers will set him back min 6-7K, which in my opinion is not really worth spending on a CF. Other's may well disagree but again it's a matter of one's choice & opinion but I'm just trying to save Kamran or anyone else a few bucks.
    AOA Dear brother, yes Shams is very pricey but the products last a lifetime. However there's no harm in trying other options, I've been using cheaper iwb holsters. Can you please share details of the Mardan guy, I'll give him a visit. Regards

AOA Dear brother, yes Shams is very pricey but the products last a lifetime. However there's no harm in trying other options, I've been using cheaper iwb holsters. Can you please share details of the Mardan guy, I'll give him a visit. Regards
    Yes ofcourse I'll happy to help. Gimme an email or a whatsapp contact will do what I can.

Yes ofcourse I'll happy to help. Gimme an email or a whatsapp contact will do what I can.
    fraznawaz@hotmail.com

Enthusiast
    Thanks a lot for advice not to spend enough money considering value of CF98. But I will pay a visit to see their products.

Thanks a lot for advice not to spend enough money considering value of CF98. But I will pay a visit to see their products.
    Dear, holsters are like chips, you just can't have one. I bought the CF for 38k, my holsters were worth more than that. Btw the most used holster remained the IWB one which i bought for 800-900. Shoulder holsters are good for winters only

Enthusiast
    Dear, holsters are like chips, you just can't have one. I bought the CF for 38k, my holsters were worth more than that. Btw the most used holster remained the IWB one which i bought for 800-900. Shoulder holsters are good for winters only
    IWB holster was bought from Shams Saddler? I am also interested in IWB.