Thread: Quality of newly imported CF-98

Quality of newly imported CF-98

Dear Fellows,
    Has anybody purchased a newly imported CF-98. These new imports don't have any stamps of Norinco or Entercon, plus there are some changes in mag design as well. I just wanna get a feed back about quality of these newly imported CF-98's as compared to the previous lots. So please share your views.
    Thanks & Regards

Dear gun experts
    Plz suggest me which pistol is good pt92 or canik tp9.i like tp9 but the hidden safety looks unsafe to me

AoA all,

When buying pistols,go to the "GUN SHOP" who will have patience to let you try your shortlisted models
    in order to check the following characteristics.

1. GRIP FIT
    2. Instant SIGHTS alignment and clarity.
    3. Trigger pull and RESET TIMING.
    4. Ease of carrying in waist band HOLSTER.
    5. Magazine capacity.
    6. Reviews in (Top HAND GUNNERS MAGAZINES) or other online sources.

AND FINALLY, DRY FIRE them all couple of times (Obviously with SNAP CAPs in the chambers).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamran_sgd View Post
    Dear Fellows,
    Has anybody purchased a newly imported CF-98. These new imports don't have any stamps of Norinco or Entercon, plus there are some changes in mag design as well. I just wanna get a feed back about quality of these newly imported CF-98's as compared to the previous lots. So please share your views.
    Thanks & Regards
    I have heard nothing bad about them. If I get the chance I will shoot and review one.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by syedmusanifshah View Post
    Dear gun experts
    Plz suggest me which pistol is good pt92 or canik tp9.i like tp9 but the hidden safety looks unsafe to me
    Both are totally different guns with different features. One is a hammer fired weapon with decocker and manual safety. The other is a striker fired weapon with no external safety or decocking mechanism.

Ultimately, it has to be what you are comfortable with. Me I am not comfortable with Glock type weapons. I prefer a gun with a hammer, decocker and a manual safety. This is why my first 9mm pistol was the PT 92 platform.

Conversely, many people like the Glock platform better than others. I don't like the fact that it has no external safety and it is always almost fully cocked.

Rest Mian-50 has given some excellent pointers in post #3.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

I was a "hammer only" guy also until I got my one-and-only Glock, a 43X. Not sure if I would trust any other, but after about 5000 rounds through the Glock I am convinced it is the best carry gun I've ever had. I've carried Hi-Powers, Makarovs, P228s, and CZ82s for years, but those are only range guns now.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    I was a "hammer only" guy also until I got my one-and-only Glock, a 43X. Not sure if I would trust any other, but after about 5000 rounds through the Glock I am convinced it is the best carry gun I've ever had. I've carried Hi-Powers, Makarovs, P228s, and CZ82s for years, but those are only range guns now.
    I've shot Glocks, Caracals, Taurus 24/7 but I am still firmly wedded to the nice big hammer concept. All of my currently owned and previously owned handguns have hammers in em.

There is nothing wrong with new CF98. They have improved the magazine a bit.

Canik TP9 vs Taurus 92 debate will be endless. It depends more on your need than our opinion. Otherwise both are totally different platforms. I prefer Striker Fired because of consistency in trigger pull for every shot and absence of safety. Safety creates hurdle and doubts.

If you are afraid of your gun (any gun), you need to shoot it more. You need to practice more. Get a good kydex holster (the one with Canik is good). Practice trigger discpline. You will be good.

Supreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    There is nothing wrong with new CF98. They have improved the magazine a bit.

Canik TP9 vs Taurus 92 debate will be endless. It depends more on your need than our opinion. Otherwise both are totally different platforms. I prefer Striker Fired because of consistency in trigger pull for every shot and absence of safety. Safety creates hurdle and doubts.

If you are afraid of your gun (any gun), you need to shoot it more. You need to practice more. Get a good kydex holster (the one with Canik is good). Practice trigger discpline. You will be good.
    no doubt , New Cf 98 is out come of research and experience

After reading the positive feedbacks I've purchased a NIB CF-98 for Hira Arms Lahore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamran_sgd View Post
    After reading the positive feedbacks I've purchased a NIB CF-98 for Hira Arms Lahore.
    Manu many congratulations Kamran_sgd bro! May it serve you well.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    43X is easy to carry with a very good grip, way better then 26.

And they are even better with 15 round Shield mags!