Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 45

Thread: Caniks Caniks And Caniks

  1. #21
    Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    18,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalil View Post
    Dear E.D Brother!

    A new point of discussion,
    Canik TP9 SF ELITE-S is the old Model (diff. from TP9 SF METE-S, is it don't have threaded barrel), which has a manual safety in the trigger guard (not properly positioned from my perspective) and is available in Peshawar. The company has incorporated that lever in the trigger guard at late stage, upon some requests from Govt. deptt.

    is it possible to install frame mounted safety (good quality) on any of the desired pistol?
    No sir Not even remotely so. Certain pistols are disgend without such features and other are designed with them. If you want one with such features, just get a weapon that has them. Me, I keep an NP 42 for the perfectly simple reason that it has everything I want.

    Only reason i wold buy a Glock type pistol is because I 'don't' want such features to begin with.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Islamabad/Peshawar
    Posts
    779
    The I, should switch to one with same machanism and start practicing it. Canicks, HS-9s, Zigs (px9) and Stoeger..... for practice and after that, a CZ/Glock. But waiting for CZ pistols to land at Peshawar.

  3. #23
    Member Extraordinaire FA226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    4,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalil View Post
    The I, should switch to one with same machanism and start practicing it. Canicks, HS-9s, Zigs (px9) and Stoeger..... for practice and after that, a CZ/Glock. But waiting for CZ pistols to land at Peshawar.
    you can get a hs9 its a great pistol.

  4. #24
    Member Qaisrani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    D.G.Khan
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by FA226 View Post
    you can get a hs9 its a great pistol.
    Your are absolutely right . I have Glock19, Beretta Px4 storm and HS9 sub-compact.
    Believe me HS-9 is the best Pistol.

  5. #25
    Member Extraordinaire
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Qaisrani View Post
    Your are absolutely right . I have Glock19, Beretta Px4 storm and HS9 sub-compact.
    Believe me HS-9 is the best Pistol.
    Px4 storm is a piece of crap.
    But I'm surprised you rate HS9 above the glock 19
    Ahh well i guess.
    If you could buy the px4 Storm then heck why not.....

  6. #26
    Member Extraordinaire FA226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    4,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Qaisrani View Post
    Your are absolutely right . I have Glock19, Beretta Px4 storm and HS9 sub-compact.
    Believe me HS-9 is the best Pistol.
    i love hammer fired guns and most of my collection are hammer fired pistols but the hs9 subcompact is sweet shooter it has very minimal recoil for a subcompact.

  7. #27
    Member Qaisrani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    D.G.Khan
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by shahroze View Post
    Px4 storm is a piece of crap.
    But I'm surprised you rate HS9 above the glock 19
    Ahh well i guess.
    If you could buy the px4 Storm then heck why not.....
    Who said that PX-4 storm is a piece of Crap, not at all . Itís a good handgun. Itís better then old Beretta fs 92. Easy to handle and better recoilÖ. ETC
    Glock is Glock but itís hi in price . Hs-9 is a budget gun .
    3 hs9 are equal to one Glock. so hs9 is a better choice . 😊

  8. #28
    Member Qaisrani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    D.G.Khan
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by FA226 View Post
    i love hammer fired guns and most of my collection are hammer fired pistols but the hs9 subcompact is sweet shooter it has very minimal recoil for a subcompact.
    Yes it is .

  9. #29
    Member Extraordinaire
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Qaisrani View Post
    Who said that PX-4 storm is a piece of Crap, not at all . It’s a good handgun. It’s better then old Beretta fs 92. Easy to handle and better recoil…. ETC
    I Disagree, Its; Bulky, Unergonomic, cumbersome. The 92FS is already an outdated mundane platform. Beretta tried to do something out of the box or innovative so to say, but came up with a pathetic design that does not have a strong following. PX4 Storm is rarely put into military trials apart from some small countries using it. The Stoeger Cougar which is essentially the all metal version of px4 is also a flop pistol. Does not serve any purpose, cc or range.
    However i only see one thing in which buying px4 might be pardoned and that is just for the sake of collection, I however would even not keep it in my collection.
    plus the slide mounted safety is the Achilles heel.

  10. #30
    Member Qaisrani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    D.G.Khan
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by shahroze View Post
    I Disagree, Its; Bulky, Unergonomic, cumbersome. The 92FS is already an outdated mundane platform. Beretta tried to do something out of the box or innovative so to say, but came up with a pathetic design that does not have a strong following. PX4 Storm is rarely put into military trials apart from some small countries using it. The Stoeger Cougar which is essentially the all metal version of px4 is also a flop pistol. Does not serve any purpose, cc or range.
    However i only see one thing in which buying px4 might be pardoned and that is just for the sake of collection, I however would even not keep it in my collection.
    plus the slide mounted safety is the Achilles heel.
    Maybe it was the fact the military and law enforcement officials didn't adopt the gun. Whatever the reasonÖ
    The Px4 Storm is lighter than the Beretta 92 9mm, making use of a polymer frame. It's also more compact, making it perfect for concealed carry situations.it uses a rotating-barrel locking system.
    The cam operation uses lugs on the barrel and a peg on the locking block that fits into a channeled groove fitted on the barrel.
    The rotating barrel makes it a very accurate pistol. How accurate? Using three-dot metal sights, at 15 yards, groupings are reportedly around 2-3.5 inches, depending on the ammo. All shots struck the center mass of the target in one-second intervals.
    That brings us to the recoil system. The pistol has a lower bore-axis and channels recoil energy into the rotation of the barrel. Decreases muzzle flip, and the perceived recoil is a lot less.
    This allows for faster and more accurate follow-up shots. Some shooters have even said firing this pistol is "pleasant."
    Besides being pleasant in the recoil department, the Px4 Storm is also pleasant no matter which hand you use.
    The ambidextrous manual safety lever/decocker is positioned on both sides of the slide. In addition, the magazine release can be switched for left-handed users.

  11. #31
    Member Extraordinaire
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,364
    If you are satisfied with it, there's no better gun for you.
    Having said that, Rotating barrel is a very unconventional mechanism, accumulation of dust and grime etc are prone to give you malfunctions in the long run. It is more sensitive than the traditional tilting barrel.
    If you fancy the Rotating barrel NP42, cf98 also has that at 1/3 of the price.

  12. #32
    Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    18,119
    If ever I purchase a manual safetyless, Glock style striker fired gun, it would be the HS9. But since I never intend to purchase a manual safetyless, glock style striker fired pistol. The HS9 will remain unpurchased.

    I was briefly attracted to the Zigana PX 9 since its striker fired and has a manual safety, but the 7.25 single action trigger was not my cup of tea. It is almost as bad as the Sigma DAO (double action only) trigger. And that is a gun I refused to shoot even when offered at the range.

    The Taurus OSS was the only striker fired gun I know that has both a decocker as well as a manual safety. And they dropped it soon after its release. And I was always afraid that the decocker will lead to an AD. unlike a hammer fired weapon I could not see, let alone control the hammer while decocking.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

  13. #33
    Member Extraordinaire FA226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    4,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    If ever I purchase a manual safetyless, Glock style striker fired gun, it would be the HS9. But since I never intend to purchase a manual safetyless, glock style striker fired pistol. The HS9 will remain unpurchased.

    I was briefly attracted to the Zigana PX 9 since its striker fired and has a manual safety, but the 7.25 single action trigger was not my cup of tea. It is almost as bad as the Sigma DAO (double action only) trigger. And that is a gun I refused to shoot even when offered at the range.

    The Taurus OSS was the only striker fired gun I know that has both a decocker as well as a manual safety. And they dropped it soon after its release. And I was always afraid that the decocker will lead to an AD. unlike a hammer fired weapon I could not see, let alone control the hammer while decocking.
    zigana px9 g2 has a nice trigger i am sure its much less then 7 pound, i shot it and found it quite accurate,trigger reset is short as well.give it a try at range next time.

  14. #34
    Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    18,119
    Quote Originally Posted by FA226 View Post
    zigana px9 g2 has a nice trigger i am sure its much less then 7 pound, i shot it and found it quite accurate,trigger reset is short as well.give it a try at range next time.
    Ok. I have to find me a generous fellow shooter at the range. If it behaves the way an SA trigger should, I might go for it.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

  15. #35
    Member Extraordinaire FA226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    4,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    Ok. I have to find me a generous fellow shooter at the range. If it behaves the way an SA trigger should, I might go for it.
    you will love it inshaAllah once you shoot it.

  16. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Islamabad/Peshawar
    Posts
    779
    CZ NEW Shipment has arrived in Peshawar, it has P10-F, P-10 SC- SHADOW 2 (Dream Gun), P-10c, P9 AND P-07 DUTY, but don't ask for the prices. Carefully listen to the person in the video.....

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCLJzn2IexM

    Last price of p-07 duty, we paid, was Rs.85k for a friend 8 years ago.

  17. #37
    Member Extraordinaire FA226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    4,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalil View Post
    CZ NEW Shipment has arrived in Peshawar, it has P10-F, P-10 SC- SHADOW 2 (Dream Gun), P-10c, P9 AND P-07 DUTY, but don't ask for the prices. Carefully listen to the person in the video.....

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCLJzn2IexM

    Last price of p-07 duty, we paid, was Rs.85k for a friend 8 years ago.
    price of cz p07 should not be more then 150k

  18. #38
    Member Extraordinaire
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,364
    Quote Originally Posted by FA226 View Post
    price of cz p07 should not be more then 150k
    I agree...

  19. #39
    Supreme Member Leon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    City of Thrones
    Posts
    2,919
    Quote Originally Posted by shahroze View Post
    I agree...
    Who would CZ for 350K when Glock is available in this price?

  20. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    KARACHI
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Who would CZ for 350K when Glock is available in this price?
    CZ's are far superior than glocks,
    glock is only a symbol status.

    on another hand neither Cz's nor glocks deserve these prices
    PB = Polished Brass

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •