Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Caniks Caniks And Caniks

Caniks Caniks And Caniks

Good Day Guys,

As you all members are aware market is full of Canik models like Elite Combat, SFx and Executive etc. Which one, one should go for and for how much in Karachi market. I have noticed a slight increase in price also.

I am in search of Elite Combat Executive in Desert Tan.

Regards,

Zaheer

Personally I love the canik SFX, the longer barrel and shape. I have seen some really good reviews online about it and once my 2nd pistol license comes, I will purchase it for home defense/car carry/range purpose.
    '2 of the loudest sounds: A click when you expect a bang, and a bang when you expect a click'

Does anyone seen canik c100 in market ?
    Yessss I'm Baikal lover 💕
    My life my rules...

Quote Originally Posted by Zaheer View Post
    Good Day Guys,

As you all members are aware market is full of Canik models like Elite Combat, SFx and Executive etc. Which one, one should go for and for how much in Karachi market. I have noticed a slight increase in price also.

Regards,

Zaheer
    Asak , by no means I am an expert , but for carry purpose the guess the tp9 da has many features any pistol should have , it Has a decocker , and has a second strike capabilty , don't know if any other striker fired hand gun has that ,it has 18 round mags , however the tp9 elite combat is an out of the box tuned pistol , developed in collaboration with salient arms, has a match grade Barrel manufactured by sai and they have contributed in the design of its trigger , the reviewers claim that it is one of best trigger in an out of the box handgun , it also has a threaded barrel ,This is their fląg ship model I guess , their is another modelin their line up tp9 sftpro mete , if u can find it , this one has truglo night sights , but for a carry gun the tp9 da features make it a winner ,rest depends upon the intended usage of the hangun , the experts here will guide u really well
    Last edited by takenleader; 21-07-2021 at 06:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by takenleader View Post
    Asak , by no means I am an expert , but for carry purpose the guess the tp9 da has many features any pistol should have , it Has a decocker , and has a second strike capabilty , don't know if any other striker fired hand gun has that ,it has 18 round mags , however the tp9 elite combat is an out of the box tuned pistol , by salient arms , it also has a threaded barrel , but for a carry gun the tp9 da features make it a winner ,rest depends upon what is it purpose / usage of buying a handgun , , the experts here will guide u really well
    Thanks for your time guys, My main purpose will be In-Car Carry.

Member Extraordinaire
    however the tp9 elite combat is an out of the box tuned pistol , by salient arms
    Says who??

Quote Originally Posted by shahroze View Post
    Says who??
    Ops correction made to my post , thanks for pointing out my blunder

Member Extraordinaire
    Ops correction made to my post , thanks for pointing out my blunder
    I am sorry, but nothing is made by SAI for Canik.
    And I guess the lack of information about it is the only selling point Janik has at these exorbitant prices

Canik TP9 sub Elite is good handgun for cancel carry .

Quote Originally Posted by Zaheer View Post
    Good Day Guys,

Regards,

Zaheer
    Dear Zaheer,
    How much (Price) have been told in Karachi...? We can arrange one for you in DT from Peshawar.
    For P.G friends, here is the OFFICIAL cofirmation of (CANIK/JANIK, TURKEY), that these pistols are fine tuned by Salient Arms...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtGUwZdxYW4&t=130s
    Extract from Canik website...

"TP9 Elite Combat model, versatile, compact class, was designed by Salient Arms International as a result of cooperation; It is a product that includes performance parts such as a lightened barrel, muzzle protector, fiber optic sight and magazine funnel as standard....""

Confirmation by a experienced user:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tJQqGnoNok

Their Sub Eleite versions are also having match grade barreles.
    Last edited by Khalil; 04-08-2021 at 12:12 PM.

Member Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalil View Post
    Dear Zaheer,
    How much (Price) have been told in Karachi...? We can arrange one for you in DT from Peshawar.
    For P.G friends, here is the OFFICIAL cofirmation of (CANIK/JANIK, TURKEY), that these pistols are fine tuned by Salient Arms...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtGUwZdxYW4&t=130s

Their Sub Eleite versions are also having match grade barreles.
    English is not our first language so you must be having difficulty understanding what he says.
    I have exchanged emails with Canik and even conversed with them on Phone, and I have even exchanged emails with SAI. CANIK told me they make everything in-house
    Nothing is MADE BY SAI, THEY ONLY MAKE THE DESIGN THAT WAS SUBMITTED TO THEM BY SAI ON PAPER.
    SAI TOLD ME THE SAME
    THEY DON'T MAKE ANYTHING FOR CANIK.
    SAI only designed the parts for Canik on paper and canik produced them. SAI has no contribution in Canik's more than the fact that one guy or few guys their picked up their pens and drawed some designs for Canik....

Quote Originally Posted by shahroze View Post
    English is not our first language so you must be having difficulty understanding what he says.
    I have exchanged emails with Canik and even conversed with them on Phone, and I have even exchanged emails with SAI. CANIK told me they make everything in-house
    Nothing is MADE BY SAI, THEY ONLY MAKE THE DESIGN THAT WAS SUBMITTED TO THEM BY SAI ON PAPER.
    SAI TOLD ME THE SAME
    THEY DON'T MAKE ANYTHING FOR CANIK.
    SAI only designed the parts for Canik on paper and canik produced them. SAI has no contribution in Canik's more than the fact that one guy or few guys their picked up their pens and drawed some designs for Canik....
    Dear Brother!

I am not a representative or dealer of the Caniks... you should also care for that.... There is "SOME" contribution of S.A, otherwise, their previous line of products were different....

Member Extraordinaire
    Yes Sir,
    I also don't have anything against Canik's
    I just want to dismiss the popular misconception that SAI has made some parts for Canik.
    They don't make/produce anything for Canik.
    And to my understanding it's only a gimmick, Canik is using. Had SAI actually produced stuff in-house for Canik that would have been a totally different thing.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by shahroze; 04-08-2021 at 06:56 PM.

Sir i have Canik sub Elite and Glock 19 ….
    Glock is Glock 😊.
    No comparison between Glock and Canik.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaisrani View Post
    Sir i have Canik sub Elite and Glock 19 ….
    Glock is Glock ��.
    No comparison between Glock and Canik.
    Dear Qaiser!

Accepted.... that Glock is Glock. It was my First choice also, But I have not seen any super charming characteristics in it, and the ultimate reason for "let it go",,, was ,,, it doesn't have manual saftey... (at least 2 chances).

And dear Shahroze Bro!
    Thanks for the valueable research and efforts you made.

While I was curious about Canik TP9 SF Elite COMBAT series, I came across this video:
    https://youtu.be/x5STl33ZUe4
    The person in the video "KSGunGuy" has repeatidly been referring to SAI Parts, so it was the point of my growing interest in this pistol. The only disadvantage for me, is the same, it is lacking "MANUAL SAFTY" as, I cann't operate these tools without this littel lever. TP9 SF METE-S is the only version of Canik new line, which has a manual safety, and that too, is in the trigger guard (not properly positioned from my perspective). And sadly, this is a military version, not available for General sales.

https://youtu.be/ONa5fpFHWug
    Still waiting for new models (specailly CZ), as the market is flooded with new imports.... without CZ.

Member Extraordinaire
    You will see CZ soon, and that was my main concern, Canik uses the SAI name to gain a competitive advantage. The information is half or so to say, it easily misleads people, thinking that SAI has produced/made the parts such as Magwell, Barrel, and sights for some TP9 models. While in reality for all we know, Canik might actually be using the name of SAI, or like i have said before, some people at SAI just sat down with pencils and paper, gave Canik a design so they could produce and call it as SAI design, The metallurgy and everything else is all from Canik, its sort of just like leasing your brand name to a company to be used on a specific product.
    I was on the fence of purchasing a TP9 Elite, and like most of us, I was under the impression SAI actually made parts for Canik, Had that been the actual case, the TP9 price would have shot up considerably.... So to me its just a marketing gimmick.
    To your surprise i also discussed it with Canik, on phone that is their any difference between the TP9 models that have SAI marking and without the Markings, by now you must have already guessed what they said, no difference except for the fact that one says SAI. For all we care they can Print Lone Wolf or Zev but that does not change anything

Member Extraordinaire
    One more thing, to all the people thinking they bought the SAI models and they have superior pistols, They might actually show you like how accurate or more Reliable it might be. But that my friends is nothing more than a Placebo effect

Great!...

The discussion has enlightened some facts....

Still I have some inclination to their snag free (sub compact) TP9 Sub Elite CAS with Meprolight night sights... qouted price of which is 125k.

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalil View Post
    Dear Qaiser!

Accepted.... that Glock is Glock. It was my First choice also, But I have not seen any super charming characteristics in it, and the ultimate reason for "let it go",,, was ,,, it doesn't have manual saftey... (at least 2 chances).

And dear Shahroze Bro!
    Thanks for the valueable research and efforts you made.

While I was curious about Canik TP9 SF Elite COMBAT series, I came across this video:
    https://youtu.be/x5STl33ZUe4
    The person in the video "KSGunGuy" has repeatidly been referring to SAI Parts, so it was the point of my growing interest in this pistol. The only disadvantage for me, is the same, it is lacking "MANUAL SAFTY" as, I cann't operate these tools without this littel lever. TP9 SF METE-S is the only version of Canik new line, which has a manual safety, and that too, is in the trigger guard (not properly positioned from my perspective). And sadly, this is a military version, not available for General sales.

https://youtu.be/ONa5fpFHWug
    Still waiting for new models (specailly CZ), as the market is flooded with new imports.... without CZ.
    You are a man after my own heart Khalil bhai. I also dont carry or purchase guns without that little lever.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    You are a man after my own heart Khalil bhai. I also dont carry or purchase guns without that little lever.
    Dear E.D Brother!

A new point of discussion,
    Canik TP9 SF ELITE-S is the old Model (diff. from TP9 SF METE-S, is it don't have threaded barrel), which has a manual safety in the trigger guard (not properly positioned from my perspective) and is available in Peshawar. The company has incorporated that lever in the trigger guard at late stage, upon some requests from Govt. deptt.

is it possible to install frame mounted safety (good quality) on any of the desired pistol?