Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Veterans?

  1. #1

    Veterans?

    I have a small curiosity question for the membership.
    How many regulars here are veterans of the Pakistani military (or any other country for that matter)? I'm not looking for specific branches, jobs, or ranks, just interested in knowing what percentage here have served in any military force. I know that US gun forums have a relatively high percentage of veterans, from WWII all the way up to modern times, but most participants are not.

    If this is a problematic question please remove.

  2. #2
    Supreme Member Fraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pindi / Attock
    Posts
    2,540
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    I have a small curiosity question for the membership.
    How many regulars here are veterans of the Pakistani military (or any other country for that matter)? I'm not looking for specific branches, jobs, or ranks, just interested in knowing what percentage here have served in any military force. I know that US gun forums have a relatively high percentage of veterans, from WWII all the way up to modern times, but most participants are not.

    If this is a problematic question please remove.
    We have serving and retired members of armed forces as well as LEAs here on the forum. However Im not sure about an exact number.
    Before you embark on a journey of Revenge, dig two graves - Confucius (504 BC)
    102nd Chairborne Rangers, Special Forums Operator Delta, The Keyboard Commandos

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    I have a small curiosity question for the membership.
    How many regulars here are veterans of the Pakistani military (or any other country for that matter)? I'm not looking for specific branches, jobs, or ranks, just interested in knowing what percentage here have served in any military force. I know that US gun forums have a relatively high percentage of veterans, from WWII all the way up to modern times, but most participants are not.

    If this is a problematic question please remove.
    ......
    ....
    Attached Images Attached Images   

  4. #4
    OK, as I said..."If this is a problematic question please remove."

  5. #5
    Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    18,119
    We have Skeeter 60 here. He used to be a very prolific poster here. He is one of the most informative people I have ever interacted with. In fact, I would venture to surmise that he is one of the most knowledgeable people in this country when it comes to all things fire arms related.

    There was BloodBath. He was with the ASF and was given a medal by the state. We at Pakguns honoured him as well, by giving him a shield at our annual GTG in Karachi. The pics should be there in the events section.

    THan there is Xarga, A policeman.

    All of the above have never hidden their affiliations with the uniformed services and have been justifiably proud of them and have also introduced themselves in much the same way.

    Off hand, these are the only people I remember and who had introduced themselves as such.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

  6. #6
    Ed long haven't seen skeeter sahab. Any news.?

  7. #7
    It is often interesting and informative to know who has real experience and training when answers are given. Many of us have lots of knowledge gained from reading and civilian experience, but some of us also have more specific experience that adds to the conversations.

  8. #8
    Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    18,119
    Quote Originally Posted by drsmali View Post
    Ed long haven't seen skeeter sahab. Any news.?
    Nopes. Its been a long time since he has logged on, here.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

  9. #9
    Enthusiast kohshikan5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    I have a small curiosity question for the membership.
    How many regulars here are veterans of the Pakistani military (or any other country for that matter)? I'm not looking for specific branches, jobs, or ranks, just interested in knowing what percentage here have served in any military force. I know that US gun forums have a relatively high percentage of veterans, from WWII all the way up to modern times, but most participants are not.

    If this is a problematic question please remove.
    Brother I am a humble person with very little knowledge about firearms but I have proudly served my country like all the members in their own capacity. I am retiring from PAKARMY and has the honour of doing as chief instructor at Army Marksmanship Unit for two years where I learned the essence of shooting. Still I consider myself a novice in this vast and ever expanding field of weaponry and shooting. I am humbled by the knowledgeable Pakguns members and learned a lot from this forum. Stay blessed. Regards
    Marksmanship is the hallmark of a soldier.

  10. #10
    Very interesting! I'm sure you have some interesting stories and sage advice.
    It is a very honorable thing to serve your country and people, and unfortunately something that has gone out of style. Even those who have served on different sides can respect the sacrifices of the other.

  11. #11
    Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    18,119
    Quote Originally Posted by kohshikan5 View Post
    Brother I am a humble person with very little knowledge about firearms but I have proudly served my country like all the members in their own capacity. I am retiring from PAKARMY and has the honour of doing as chief instructor at Army Marksmanship Unit for two years where I learned the essence of shooting. Still I consider myself a novice in this vast and ever expanding field of weaponry and shooting. I am humbled by the knowledgeable Pakguns members and learned a lot from this forum. Stay blessed. Regards
    oooh. Nice to know that good Kohshikan5. We have so many hidden gems amongst us that we know nothing about.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

  12. #12
    Enthusiast kohshikan5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    oooh. Nice to know that good Kohshikan5. We have so many hidden gems amongst us that we know nothing about.
    Brothers gems better remain hidden. Hahaha
    Your kind words means a lot but I am following this forum for a long time and itís a treasure Trove of knowledge. Members are knowledgeable and caring. Stay blessed.
    Marksmanship is the hallmark of a soldier.

  13. #13
    Enthusiast kohshikan5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    Very interesting! I'm sure you have some interesting stories and sage advice.
    It is a very honorable thing to serve your country and people, and unfortunately something that has gone out of style. Even those who have served on different sides can respect the sacrifices of the other.
    Thank you bro why not thatís why this forum is made to share ones knowledge and experiences.
    Marksmanship is the hallmark of a soldier.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •