Thread: 223 availability in Karachi

223 availability in Karachi

Salam everyone, please advise availability of all kinds of 223 ammo available in karachi area ? prices with dealers ?

Some say 223 will go out of stock, others are saying fresh are being imported.

All the .223/5.56 green tips we are buying these days are coming from Afghanistan through kpk or balouchistan border. Except russian 223 ammo which is quite short these days.new import of ammunition is due in few months but not all calibers dealers now focus on only 9mm and .30 bore ammunition.
    \'\' The Most Beautiful Thing In The World Is The World Itself \'\'

Banned
    There will be no more green tip after some time ,It's not about fresh imports, it's about fresh smuggling
    .Anyone who wants to stock up can do it.

What is the lowest price for 223 green tip in karachi ? & what other options do we have ?

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Lowest I got was 110 a pop at Shanghai arms main LS saddar Karachi. However, whenever you purchase a green tip round make sure to take it apart and check the powder thoroughly. The magnet test does not work on green tips since original ones have a steel penetrator inside.

Chinese rounds are 100 a pop at Badar and brothers (Adnan Peshawar wala Lucky Star) and they do pass the magnet test since their is no penetrator inside the Chinese round.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

How is the overall performance of Chinese 223 rounds? They seem to be very light weight, what is the grain weight on them?

I have a 223 rem CQ, so I don't want to shoot 5.56 green tip rounds through it. Because I have read a lot about the over pressure when shooting 5.56 rounds out of 223 barrels/chambers.
    The first rule of a gunfight. HAVE A GUN
    The first rule of everyday carry. CARRY

Quote Originally Posted by Shah1 View Post
    How is the overall performance of Chinese 223 rounds? They seem to be very light weight, what is the grain weight on them?

I have a 223 rem CQ, so I don't want to shoot 5.56 green tip rounds through it. Because I have read a lot about the over pressure when shooting 5.56 rounds out of 223 barrels/chambers.
    i don't have much experience with Chinese 223 rounds but i had only been shooting 5.56 rounds in my cq rifle and i know friends how have norinco .223 marked rifles and they all shoot 5.56 green tip in them without any issues,i think Chinese mark these rifles .223 for export legalities only otherwise both cq 5.56 and and norinco. 223 marked rifles are same in chambers and other specifications.

I have shot many thousands of .223 and 5.56 labeled rounds interchangeably for years. They are the same round...as your aunt is also you mother's sister. Two designations for the same thing. The chambers however, are slightly different, but still not enough to cause any shooter concern.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    I have shot many thousands of .223 and 5.56 labeled rounds interchangeably for years. They are the same round...as your aunt is also you mother's sister. Two designations for the same thing. The chambers however, are slightly different, but still not enough to cause any shooter concern.
    well said jonnyc.

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shah1 View Post

I shoot both in my CQ. But I prefer the 55 grain chinese over the 62 grain Greentips. They are softer to shoot.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

While I do like the recoil, cost, and accuracy advantages of the 55 grain bullets, I still prefer the added weight of the 62 grain. I think 5.56 ammo needs all the help it can get! And the half-inch tighter groups don't really mean that much...especially the way I shoot. For me, all the rounds in a three inch group is just as effective as all in a 1 inch group. All my ARs will do 2 - 3 inch groups easily at 100 - 150 yards. Any longer range than that and I am running!