Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Airgun banned by Wildlife for hunting (PCP or springer or co2)

  1. #1

    Airgun banned by Wildlife for hunting (PCP or springer or co2)

    Govt started the move to make the Airguns under the license (NPB not yet concluded). There is another thread http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.ph...-licence/page3 which already indicate that for air pistols a license required.

    How our govt currently differentiating between air pistol, airguns, air rifle and bulpubs?

    What are the views of our community on this move?

    It seems me totally unjustified move, they should control the bag limit whatever it is PCP or 12 bore and stop netting.

    What should we do as a community to present our point of view?

    Following are the references:
    Attached Images Attached Images     

  2. #2
    Enthusiast Imtiaz Shah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    490
    From these notifications and social media posts by air-gun hunters, it appears that this is to ban PCP air-gun for hunting.
    PCP guns are silent, powerful and auto-loading. People were using these to indiscriminately hunt game birds.
    Good conservation move !

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Imtiaz Shah View Post
    From ... social media posts by air-gun hunters,
    Good conservation move !
    We can debate on which weapon is more lethal for wildlife. Banning PCP gun for hunting on that opinion indicate "lack of logic". Wildlife dept should control the bag limits and illegal hunts rather than banning the Airguns.

    >> powerful
    How on earth, weapon should not be powerful for game?

    >> auto-loading
    No, it is not. Semi auto version are not accurate for hunting.

    >> silent
    PCP still cannot hunt a group of birds.
    Last edited by Civilian; 30-12-2020 at 04:29 PM.

  4. #4
    Social media show off played well vital role to ban pcp.
    Even department clearly stated social media references.
    Yessss I'm Baikal lover 💕
    My life my rules...

  5. #5
    Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    18,119
    I say, are Springers also included in this ban? I hope not.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    I say, are Springers also included in this ban? I hope not.
    Mix Stories Yes and No.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Afzaal View Post
    Social media show off played well vital role to ban pcp.
    Even department clearly stated social media references.
    Hunting with shotgun also showed on Social Media.

  8. #8
    AoA all,
    PCP air rifles are "SILENT KILLERS".All the cartridges and bullets with "GUN POWDER" filled in them
    make a loud sound,which prompts ordinary people and "GAME WATCHERS".

    Afzal Bhai, very rightly pointed out the "SHOW OFF ATTITUDE" of "SHIKARI BROTHERS" showing their
    bag of kills through videos uploaded on social media.

    Real (SHIKARIS) give chance to the " Flying BIRDS" to escape or get killed, percentage varies
    from person to person but PCPs are just like (SNIPER RIFLES) specially with SCOPES and RANGE FINDERS.

    Lets preserve some 'Wild life" for future generations.

  9. #9
    Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    18,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Mian-50 View Post
    AoA all,
    PCP air rifles are "SILENT KILLERS".All the cartridges and bullets with "GUN POWDER" filled in them
    make a loud sound,which prompts ordinary people and "GAME WATCHERS".

    Afzal Bhai, very rightly pointed out the "SHOW OFF ATTITUDE" of "SHIKARI BROTHERS" showing their
    bag of kills through videos uploaded on social media.

    Real (SHIKARIS) give chance to the " Flying BIRDS" to escape or get killed, percentage varies
    from person to person but PCPs are just like (SNIPER RIFLES) specially with SCOPES and RANGE FINDERS.

    Lets preserve some 'Wild life" for future generations.
    I concur with the assessment ^
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Mian-50 View Post
    AoA all,
    PCP air rifles are "SILENT KILLERS".All the cartridges and bullets with "GUN POWDER" filled in them
    make a loud sound,which prompts ordinary people and "GAME WATCHERS".

    Afzal Bhai, very rightly pointed out the "SHOW OFF ATTITUDE" of "SHIKARI BROTHERS" showing their
    bag of kills through videos uploaded on social media.

    Real (SHIKARIS) give chance to the " Flying BIRDS" to escape or get killed, percentage varies
    from person to person but PCPs are just like (SNIPER RIFLES) specially with SCOPES and RANGE FINDERS.

    Lets preserve some 'Wild life" for future generations.
    Sir I have watched clips
    Killing partridge whole flocks in one go that lead the department to make solid excuse to impose ban.
    Yessss I'm Baikal lover 💕
    My life my rules...

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Mian-50 View Post
    AoA all,
    Real (SHIKARIS) give chance to the " Flying BIRDS" to escape or get killed, percentage varies
    from person to person but PCPs are just like (SNIPER RIFLES) specially with SCOPES and RANGE FINDERS.
    I can also share lots of argument on shotgun but it will make no sense. WildLife department is responsible for preventing illegal hunting and making sensible laws rather then banning the specific group.

  12. #12
    Member Extraordinaire
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Civilian View Post
    I can also share lots of argument on shotgun but it will make no sense. WildLife department is responsible for preventing illegal hunting and making sensible laws rather then banning the specific group.
    You can share whatever argument you want. But it is an unrefutable fact that pcp has damaged the wildlife to a great extent. Mainly because they were cheap and required no license.
    Social media also played it's role.
    Things should be regulated and monitored.
    Yes wildlife department should also be proactive.

  13. #13
    Supreme Member Leon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    City of Thrones
    Posts
    2,918
    Quote Originally Posted by Civilian View Post
    Govt started the move to make the Airguns under the license (NPB not yet concluded). There is another thread http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.ph...-licence/page3 which already indicate that for air pistols a license required.

    How our govt currently differentiating between air pistol, airguns, air rifle and bulpubs?

    What are the views of our community on this move?

    It seems me totally unjustified move, they should control the bag limit whatever it is PCP or 12 bore and stop netting.

    What should we do as a community to present our point of view?

    Following are the references:
    Very good step by Wildlife Department. There should be federal ban on hunting with airguns especially PCP.

    The airgunners have destroyed wildlife.

  14. #14
    Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    18,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Very good step by Wildlife Department. There should be federal ban on hunting with airguns especially PCP.

    The airgunners have destroyed wildlife.
    I agree. If they cant behave on hteir own the govt will have no choice but to slap restrictions.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •