Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Permission to Carry Licensed Weapon (Home Dept Karachi)

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    667

    Post Permission to Carry Licensed Weapon (Home Dept Karachi)

    I was just curious and want to know. Why we require a Permission to Carry Licensed Weapon while we already have Home Department (Passport Type book license)?

    I want to know the legal value of this letter and what if one don't have this permission and is only having his license ?

    Regards,

  2. #2
    Niw imagine trying to explain it to a matric passed lea person......

  3. #3
    I believe one has to acquire 144 permit to CC.....they are issued for 6 or 12 months....any senior member please guide...

  4. #4
    Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    17,934
    Quote Originally Posted by hackersid View Post
    I believe one has to acquire 144 permit to CC.....they are issued for 6 or 12 months....any senior member please guide...
    Yes. That is true. Once the weapon has been endorsed by the issuing authority and the local police station, you will need a conceal carry permit issued by the home department. It may be 3 months, 6 months or a year
    Last edited by Enigmatic Desires; 20-12-2020 at 08:36 PM.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

  5. #5
    Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    17,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaheer View Post
    I was just curious and want to know. Why we require a Permission to Carry Licensed Weapon while we already have Home Department (Passport Type book license)?

    I want to know the legal value of this letter and what if one don't have this permission and is only having his license ?

    Regards,
    Zaheer bhai,

    I had an up to date fresh dated computerised license. Registered at the national bank with stamp, endorsed by the local police station, weapon endorsed by the home department.

    However my 144 carry permit was expired.

    The cops demanded 60k or arrest.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    Zaheer bhai,

    I had an up to date fresh dated computerised license. Registered at the national bank with stamp, endorsed by the local police station, weapon endorsed by the home department.

    However my 144 carry permit was expired.

    The cops demanded 60k or arrest.
    Is this permit only required in Sind or this rule applies all over Pakistan?

  7. #7
    Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    17,934
    Quote Originally Posted by TsAr View Post
    Is this permit only required in Sind or this rule applies all over Pakistan?
    Karachi only... Been like this for as long as I can remember.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    Zaheer bhai,

    I had an up to date fresh dated computerised license. Registered at the national bank with stamp, endorsed by the local police station, weapon endorsed by the home department.

    However my 144 carry permit was expired.

    The cops demanded 60k or arrest.
    Damn man :O

  9. #9
    As far my little Knowledge, It is written in license , If 144 imposed then you need a permit ,otherwise license itself a permit to carry weapon ( in my opinion)

    I have been stopped 3-4 times by police and rangers, I just showed my license and cnic but luckily they didn't ask for permit.


    ED bhai then what happened next 60K or arrest ? I am sure some kharcha pani did work? :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    Zaheer bhai,

    I had an up to date fresh dated computerised license. Registered at the national bank with stamp, endorsed by the local police station, weapon endorsed by the home department.

    However my 144 carry permit was expired.

    The cops demanded 60k or arrest.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali9998 View Post
    As far my little Knowledge, It is written in license , If 144 imposed then you need a permit ,otherwise license itself a permit to carry weapon ( in my opinion)

    I have been stopped 3-4 times by police and rangers, I just showed my license and cnic but luckily they didn't ask for permit.


    ED bhai then what happened next 60K or arrest ? I am sure some kharcha pani did work? :P
    Its a sad state of affairs in Karachi mostly, if not only. I have gone multiple times to Malir Cantt and only shown licence and got the weapon deposited there. Better to have 144 permit

  11. #11
    Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    17,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali9998 View Post
    As far my little Knowledge, It is written in license , If 144 imposed then you need a permit ,otherwise license itself a permit to carry weapon ( in my opinion)

    I have been stopped 3-4 times by police and rangers, I just showed my license and cnic but luckily they didn't ask for permit.


    ED bhai then what happened next 60K or arrest ? I am sure some kharcha pani did work? :P
    Biryani money.. This is all they want.. We negotiated and negotiated and eventually settled on the price of a few plates of biryani.

    I also gave em the contact number of a gunsmith who specialized in local TT pistols. One of the cops had FTE issues with his local TT>.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •