Thread: Permission to Carry Licensed Weapon (Home Dept Karachi)

Post Permission to Carry Licensed Weapon (Home Dept Karachi)

I was just curious and want to know. Why we require a Permission to Carry Licensed Weapon while we already have Home Department (Passport Type book license)?

I want to know the legal value of this letter and what if one don't have this permission and is only having his license ?

Regards,

Niw imagine trying to explain it to a matric passed lea person......

I believe one has to acquire 144 permit to CC.....they are issued for 6 or 12 months....any senior member please guide...

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hackersid View Post
    I believe one has to acquire 144 permit to CC.....they are issued for 6 or 12 months....any senior member please guide...
    Yes. That is true. Once the weapon has been endorsed by the issuing authority and the local police station, you will need a conceal carry permit issued by the home department. It may be 3 months, 6 months or a year
    Last edited by Enigmatic Desires; 20-12-2020 at 08:36 PM.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Zaheer View Post
    I was just curious and want to know. Why we require a Permission to Carry Licensed Weapon while we already have Home Department (Passport Type book license)?

I want to know the legal value of this letter and what if one don't have this permission and is only having his license ?

Regards,
    Zaheer bhai,

I had an up to date fresh dated computerised license. Registered at the national bank with stamp, endorsed by the local police station, weapon endorsed by the home department.

However my 144 carry permit was expired.

The cops demanded 60k or arrest.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    Zaheer bhai,

I had an up to date fresh dated computerised license. Registered at the national bank with stamp, endorsed by the local police station, weapon endorsed by the home department.

Is this permit only required in Sind or this rule applies all over Pakistan?

Quote Originally Posted by TsAr View Post
    Is this permit only required in Sind or this rule applies all over Pakistan?
    Karachi only... Been like this for as long as I can remember.

Zaheer bhai,

Damn man :O

As far my little Knowledge, It is written in license , If 144 imposed then you need a permit ,otherwise license itself a permit to carry weapon ( in my opinion)

I have been stopped 3-4 times by police and rangers, I just showed my license and cnic but luckily they didn't ask for permit.

ED bhai then what happened next 60K or arrest ? I am sure some kharcha pani did work? :P

Zaheer bhai,

Quote Originally Posted by Ali9998 View Post
    As far my little Knowledge, It is written in license , If 144 imposed then you need a permit ,otherwise license itself a permit to carry weapon ( in my opinion)

I have been stopped 3-4 times by police and rangers, I just showed my license and cnic but luckily they didn't ask for permit.

ED bhai then what happened next 60K or arrest ? I am sure some kharcha pani did work? :P
    Its a sad state of affairs in Karachi mostly, if not only. I have gone multiple times to Malir Cantt and only shown licence and got the weapon deposited there. Better to have 144 permit

Quote Originally Posted by Ali9998 View Post

Biryani money.. This is all they want.. We negotiated and negotiated and eventually settled on the price of a few plates of biryani.

I also gave em the contact number of a gunsmith who specialized in local TT pistols. One of the cops had FTE issues with his local TT>.