Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whatsapp group for PG community

Whatsapp group for PG community

Why not a whatsapp group in this modern time?

Quote Originally Posted by abuzar4zu View Post
    Yes very good idea PG should take the initiative. And I will also suggest to develop a mobile app for PG which must be more user friendly.
    The most deadly weapon on any battlefield is the single well-aimed shot.

Not a good idea I guess. Everyone will switch to interacting over there, and this forum which is unfortunately half dead already would ultimately breathe its last if that happens. Lots of people who won't be on the group would miss out on a lot of valuable information which could otherwise be shared here. I respect your suggestion of course but this is just my opinion.

Enthusiast
    Not a good idea Pakguns forum should carry its legacy through this medium. Already neglected forum will further be affected if a WhAtsapp group is made.
    Command lies with none but Allah.

Whatsapp is more in reach of members since you are always in possession of your cell phone. Either we should have a mobile app for the forum.

I think we should take steps to revive this forum, rather than going for whatsapp groups. Whatsapp has its own limitations, only 200 members, new people can't learn from there; as we have many guests browsing through the forum, not just member, so we must keep them in consideration. No reviews will be available. Members can always make groups with their friends from the forum, but that won't be PG official.
    Before you embark on a journey of Revenge, dig two graves - Confucius (504 BC)
    102nd Chairborne Rangers, Special Forums Operator Delta, The Keyboard Commandos

all suggestions and concerns are quite serious. I think there should be a mobile app like a pakwheels where we can post and search and the contents are same on both app and web. And they both are accessible

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraz View Post
    I think we should take steps to revive this forum, rather than going for whatsapp groups. Whatsapp has its own limitations, only 200 members, new people can't learn from there; as we have many guests browsing through the forum, not just member, so we must keep them in consideration. No reviews will be available. Members can always make groups with their friends from the forum, but that won't be PG official.
    Thatís right. Agreed
    Command lies with none but Allah.

all suggestions and concerns are quite serious. I think there should be a mobile app like a pakwheels where we can post and search and the contents are same on both app and web. And they both are accessible
    App is a good idea...but unfortunately I dont see any improvements happening. The senior members are busy with their professional and personal lives, while the dried / expensive market situation has further declined forum activity.
    Before you embark on a journey of Revenge, dig two graves - Confucius (504 BC)
    102nd Chairborne Rangers, Special Forums Operator Delta, The Keyboard Commandos

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper10 View Post
    Not a good idea I guess. Everyone will switch to interacting over there, and this forum which is unfortunately half dead already would ultimately breathe its last if that happens. Lots of people who won't be on the group would miss out on a lot of valuable information which could otherwise be shared here. I respect your suggestion of course but this is just my opinion.
    Inshallah, I will try in my small capacity and make sure that it never happens.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Better to use app named tapatalk and login on pakguns and it will automatically send notifications etc for new posts.

Also there should be some form of quarterly meet up or monthly, range session/chai/dinner/something.

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm View Post
    Also there should be some form of quarterly meet up or monthly, range session/chai/dinner/something.
    I agree but pg has members from all over the Pakistan. Lahore ones can meetup In lahore same like Peshawar karachi Rawalpindi Queta

I agree but pg has members from all over the Pakistan. Lahore ones can meetup In lahore same like Peshawar karachi Rawalpindi Queta
    There could be different meet ups, Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Peshawar, Quetta etc.

There could be different meet ups, Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Peshawar, Quetta etc.
    yes thatís what Iím saying

range with chai session aha..

We could have a whatsapp group strictly for coordinations of meet ups, all weapon related discussions only on forum.
    Last edited by 9mm; 11-11-2020 at 03:25 PM.

We could have a whatsapp group strictly for coordinations of meet ups, all weapon related discussions only on forum.
    Add me! mail me the link whenever its made... mail.asad.ali@gmail.com

Count me in also

Count me in also
    Me too. Don't worry its not that #metoo
    The most deadly weapon on any battlefield is the single well-aimed shot.