Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: Whatsapp group for PG community

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    133

    Whatsapp group for PG community

    Why not a whatsapp group in this modern time?

  2. #2
    Enthusiast AsifKhan762's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by abuzar4zu View Post
    Why not a whatsapp group in this modern time?
    Yes very good idea PG should take the initiative. And I will also suggest to develop a mobile app for PG which must be more user friendly.
    The most deadly weapon on any battlefield is the single well-aimed shot.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    karachi
    Posts
    86
    Not a good idea I guess. Everyone will switch to interacting over there, and this forum which is unfortunately half dead already would ultimately breathe its last if that happens. Lots of people who won't be on the group would miss out on a lot of valuable information which could otherwise be shared here. I respect your suggestion of course but this is just my opinion.

  4. #4
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Peshawer
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by abuzar4zu View Post
    Why not a whatsapp group in this modern time?
    Not a good idea Pakguns forum should carry its legacy through this medium. Already neglected forum will further be affected if a WhAtsapp group is made.
    Command lies with none but Allah.

  5. #5
    Whatsapp is more in reach of members since you are always in possession of your cell phone. Either we should have a mobile app for the forum.

  6. #6
    Supreme Member Fraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pindi / Attock
    Posts
    2,514
    I think we should take steps to revive this forum, rather than going for whatsapp groups. Whatsapp has its own limitations, only 200 members, new people can't learn from there; as we have many guests browsing through the forum, not just member, so we must keep them in consideration. No reviews will be available. Members can always make groups with their friends from the forum, but that won't be PG official.
    Before you embark on a journey of Revenge, dig two graves - Confucius (504 BC)
    102nd Chairborne Rangers, Special Forums Operator Delta, The Keyboard Commandos

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    133
    all suggestions and concerns are quite serious. I think there should be a mobile app like a pakwheels where we can post and search and the contents are same on both app and web. And they both are accessible

  8. #8
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Peshawer
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraz View Post
    I think we should take steps to revive this forum, rather than going for whatsapp groups. Whatsapp has its own limitations, only 200 members, new people can't learn from there; as we have many guests browsing through the forum, not just member, so we must keep them in consideration. No reviews will be available. Members can always make groups with their friends from the forum, but that won't be PG official.
    Thatís right. Agreed
    Command lies with none but Allah.

  9. #9
    Supreme Member Fraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pindi / Attock
    Posts
    2,514
    Quote Originally Posted by abuzar4zu View Post
    all suggestions and concerns are quite serious. I think there should be a mobile app like a pakwheels where we can post and search and the contents are same on both app and web. And they both are accessible
    App is a good idea...but unfortunately I dont see any improvements happening. The senior members are busy with their professional and personal lives, while the dried / expensive market situation has further declined forum activity.
    Before you embark on a journey of Revenge, dig two graves - Confucius (504 BC)
    102nd Chairborne Rangers, Special Forums Operator Delta, The Keyboard Commandos

  10. #10
    Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    17,940
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper10 View Post
    Not a good idea I guess. Everyone will switch to interacting over there, and this forum which is unfortunately half dead already would ultimately breathe its last if that happens. Lots of people who won't be on the group would miss out on a lot of valuable information which could otherwise be shared here. I respect your suggestion of course but this is just my opinion.
    Inshallah, I will try in my small capacity and make sure that it never happens.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    667
    Better to use app named tapatalk and login on pakguns and it will automatically send notifications etc for new posts.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    karachi
    Posts
    508
    Also there should be some form of quarterly meet up or monthly, range session/chai/dinner/something.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by 9mm View Post
    Also there should be some form of quarterly meet up or monthly, range session/chai/dinner/something.
    I agree but pg has members from all over the Pakistan. Lahore ones can meetup In lahore same like Peshawar karachi Rawalpindi Queta

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    karachi
    Posts
    508
    Quote Originally Posted by abuzar4zu View Post
    I agree but pg has members from all over the Pakistan. Lahore ones can meetup In lahore same like Peshawar karachi Rawalpindi Queta
    There could be different meet ups, Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Peshawar, Quetta etc.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by 9mm View Post
    There could be different meet ups, Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Peshawar, Quetta etc.
    yes thatís what Iím saying

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    karachi
    Posts
    508
    range with chai session aha..

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    karachi
    Posts
    508
    We could have a whatsapp group strictly for coordinations of meet ups, all weapon related discussions only on forum.
    Last edited by 9mm; 11-11-2020 at 03:25 PM.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by 9mm View Post
    We could have a whatsapp group strictly for coordinations of meet ups, all weapon related discussions only on forum.
    Add me! mail me the link whenever its made... mail.asad.ali@gmail.com

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    133
    Count me in also

  20. #20
    Enthusiast AsifKhan762's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by abuzar4zu View Post
    Count me in also
    Me too. Don't worry its not that #metoo
    The most deadly weapon on any battlefield is the single well-aimed shot.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •