Thread: First Weapon - 50/60K Budget - Suggestions Requried

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

First Weapon - 50/60K Budget - Suggestions Requried

Hello,

As the title suggests, I am in the process of getting my license made and Inshallah I will have it soon. Currently I am going through a rough financial patch and can't afford a original weapon (pistol), so looking for a clone. Now my range is 50/60K as I want to spend minimum but not that low as to get an unreliable weapon. I will replace it as soon as I can afford a decent weapon.

Since I am new to this, can someone give me some suggestions as to what to get and in my budget (keeping current prices in mind)? I would really appreciate it. I will be using it for conceal carry and I am thinking 9MM calibre.

So what's the best that I can get in my range? Will it be reliable enough ?
    Last edited by hackersid; 12-10-2020 at 10:43 PM.

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hackersid View Post
    Hello,

As the title suggests, I am in the process of getting my license made and Inshallah I will have it soon. Currently I am going through a rough financial patch and can't afford a original weapon (pistol), so looking for a clone. Now my range is 50/60K as I want to spend minimum but not that low as to get an unreliable weapon. I will replace it as soon as I can afford a decent weapon.

Since I am new to this, can someone give me some suggestions as to what to get and in my budget (keeping current prices in mind)? I would really appreciate it. I will be using it for conceal carry and I am thinking 9MM calibre.

Sorry an all that bro. We can't in good faith advise you to get a paper weight that tries to masquerade as a weapon. It will be a waste of your precious 60k. And that is money that is gone since locals have zilch resale value. The makers know full well what they are trying to sell. So they never buy it back.

Over the years, the sheer number of these so-called 'clones' that I have personally used, seen and have had bad experiences with. I can write a book on em.

From guns blowing up and injuring shooters at the range, to firing when chambered to falling apart without firing even a single shot! I have seen it all!

If budget is a issue, simply switch calibres. I carry a .32 ACp Spanish LLama We have checked different loads in gelatin and they penetrate adequately and Fiocchi hollow points expend well. You can get a Chinese TT as well.

Yes, they are not as "cool" as a 9mm, but a "cool" 9mm paperweight with zero resale is not really a weapon. Regardless of how cool it looks.
    Last edited by Enigmatic Desires; 15-10-2020 at 06:54 PM.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

I donít know much but why not just you try dsa guns. Senior members please guide

Quote Originally Posted by abuzar4zu View Post
    I donít know much but why not just you try dsa guns. Senior members please guide
    I have shot the Trueshot. Its woefully inaccurate. And our resident MK 47 can also write a book on em. He has had em repaired enough times to never recommend em to anyone.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Hello,

Best thing to do is wait for some time and save some money and get a good Chinese gun, you can easily find a used good condition NP22 in 110k or CF98 brand new in 150k. Same reason I am still waiting for the drop in prices before i buy one.

Hello,

Get a Chinese TT and upgrade later
    Before you embark on a journey of Revenge, dig two graves - Confucius (504 BC)
    102nd Chairborne Rangers, Special Forums Operator Delta, The Keyboard Commandos

So HackerSid bro? What did yo buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    So HackerSid bro? What did yo buy?
    Unfortunately, the process for acquiring the license got delayed....but I have received my license yesterday, so I haven't bought anything yet....still confused as my financial capacity hasn't really gotten better over these months but since you guys suggested not to go for the 50K-60K clones, I am thinking about getting used CF-98 or as you suggested, might look for options in .32 caliber...but I really don't have any experience in owning or handling a gun before nor do I have any contact/friend whom I can ask for help, so at this point, I am really at the mercy of these sellers (unless someone from here offers to help )

Here is the license that I got with all Pakistan endorsement....
    Name:  Scan One Page.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  46.3 KB

Name:  Page No.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  33.8 KB

ED bro, do you have any suggestions or can you recommend me some dealer who might give me good rates or be honest with a newbie? Also, is there a way to verify arms license? Possibly online? Also since this is my first license, is it okay? quota is chief minister, does it matter? is chief minister quota good? btw I thought new computerized licenses were card based, but I got a book....ED bro kindly let me know if this license is okay since I got it made via an agent.....
    Last edited by hackersid; 06-12-2020 at 05:45 PM.

@ hackersid
    Congratulations for your new license. It may be best if you wait till the end of your purchase-period. Prices of imported weapons are slowly coming down. Your license is all-Pakistan, for purchase you may travel upcountry for better prices and more variety. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Imtiaz Shah View Post
    @ hackersid
    Congratulations for your new license. It may be best if you wait till the end of your purchase-period. Prices of imported weapons are slowly coming down. Your license is all-Pakistan, for purchase you may travel upcountry for better prices and more variety. Good luck.
    When does the purchase period end? According to my agent, its 3 months...is that so?

Also, I was told by my agent that you should only purchase weopon (and their entry on license) from Karachi/Sindh as it causes problem when you have entry from another state and you need to change weapon again from home department Karachi....is their any truth to it?

When does the purchase period end? According to my agent, its 3 months...is that so?

Also, I was told by my agent that you should only purchase weopon (and their entry on license) from Karachi/Sindh as it causes problem when you have entry from another state and you need to change weapon again from home department Karachi....is their any truth to it?
    My appologies for the late reply HackerSid. My father passed away from Coronoa last wekk and my mom, me bro and others. WE are all on oxygen support. Today I finally feel better so logged on.

My email address is in my signature. You may mail me and I will see what I can do. But whatever you DO PLEASE PLEASE dont look at local stuff.. Just saw not one but two people with exploded plocks. One man lost his finger. Other man's bride got injured when she fired it at the range. They have only just gotten married.

My appologies for the late reply HackerSid. My father passed away from Coronoa last wekk and my mom, me bro and others. WE are all on oxygen support. Today I finally feel better so logged on.

My email address is in my signature. You may mail me and I will see what I can do. But whatever you DO PLEASE PLEASE dont look at local stuff.. Just saw not one but two people with exploded plocks. One man lost his finger. Other man's bride got injured when she fired it at the range. They have only just gotten married.
    Bro I'm very sorry to hear that, May Allah Grant him highest place in Jannah, Ameen

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm View Post
    Bro I'm very sorry to hear that, May Allah Grant him highest place in Jannah, Ameen
    Thank you for your prayers 9mm Bhai.. Its a long hard road. But since we are still alive I think we will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

Oh I am very sorry to hear that bro. May he get the highest place in heaven and may God give you & your family patience to deal with such a tragedy. My prayers are with you and your family. This damn pandemic sucks and it has taken so many lives. I can't wait for it to be over.

And no worries, I will definitely email you but for now please take rest and make sure you and your family is fully recovered.

Yes, I will stay away from any local made stuff.

Oh I am very sorry to hear that bro. May he get the highest place in heaven and may God give you & your family patience to deal with such a tragedy. My prayers are with you and your family. This damn pandemic sucks and it has taken so many lives. I can't wait for it to be over.

And no worries, I will definitely email you but for now please take rest and make sure you and your family is fully recovered.

Yes, I will stay away from any local made stuff.
    Hackersid bhai.. I will be going to LS again next week, once my quarantine is over. If I find anything I will let you know. I am thinking along the lines of a Soviet Makarov 9x 18. Skywatcher got one for 65k and it is original soviet model. Now I am interested in one as well.

@ hackersid better to save and get a CF-98 or NP-22 otherwise only option is local made. In local made whether you spend 35 k or 75 k result is the same, so rather then wasting your hard earned money it good to wait.

@hackersid
    Weapon purchase period for new license, in most jurisdictions, is 90 days (renewable for another 90 days, on application, once only).
    Weapon dealer sale reciept/form-entry may be be from any province, but record-entry/endorsement will always be in Sindh Department.
    Your dealer is trying to capture your purchase by giving false information.

And another thing.. We regularly go all over the country to make purchases. We have the same licenses you do and bring our stuff via airplane and get them endorsed at the home department. Its All-pak for a reason. And dont worry about the 90 day cravat.. Some of my licenses have been lying unused for years and years.

I simply ask the dealer to get a one month purchase stamp when I want to purchase. I pay em around 1k max. And sometimes not even that.

Why donít you buy np17 or 213. Tt shaped 9mm. You can easily find in 50-60k range plus a Chinese 9mm.

Yes. Skywatcher really lucked out. Me and sky and Deathrow and Zero took the weapon apart. We checked it with a powerful magnifying glass. Each and every tiny piece. We checked the weight on the jewelry scale down to the last gram.

It was the real deal alright. Now i want one too.