Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My first O/U Shotgun - Kral Tundra

My first O/U Shotgun - Kral Tundra

My first ever O/U Shotgun – Kral Tundra

Assalam O Alaikum Dear Readers,.

I hope that you’re doing good, enjoying your life and weapons. When I joined Pakguns over 9 years ago, it used to be a very busy forum with lots of informative posts coming in every minute. I learnt a lot about weapons from here and made lifelong friends here, many of whom I now know personally and spend my time with. However, with the import ban/ restrictions on licences, dried up market, exuberant prices of guns & ammo, issues with Pakguns website (difficulty in accessing pages) the forum has become dull over a period of last 2 years almost. I guess whatsapp is also among one of the contributing factors, as now many enthusiasts interact with each other over there, somehow PG didn’t evolve to match the pace of the changing social media dynamics. I hope that together we can restore our forum to its former glory.

Returning to the topic, Shotguns are no doubt the most versatile guns ever made, you can use them for hunting birds as well as bigger animals (putting food on the table), defending your home/ farm/ life, pest control, door breaching so on and so forth. I initially inherited a single barrel Winchester model 37, which I am very fond of and used for occasional hunting, thereafter I bought a Daudsons pump action shotgun for HD which I have already reviewed in the following thread:

http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.php?13507-Club-DSA

Wanting to expand my shotgun collection I was considering buying a double barrel shotgun, keeping in mind its utility for skeet/ trap and hunting. I discussed the available options with my learned friends and came to the conclusion that in my budget I could only go for Turkish or Russian gun. I would like to add here that I prefer an O/U over the SxS because the former looks very sexy . Having very little knowledge about double barrels, I sought advice from Jibz, Ameer, Fezan and Nazim Sahab, all of whom are shotgun owners, hunters and skeet/ trap players. Jibz was of the view that I should opt for Baikal as it has a steel receiver and is very durable as proven over time, while the Kral has aluminium receiver which is not too desirable for a double barrel gun as it may cause internals to wear off due to the heavy recoil. I explained to him that my gun will not be used too extensively so I am considering going for a Kral as it costs less than half compared to a Baikal. Ameer, Fezan and Nazim Sahab backed my opinion. Considering the same, we went ahead with the decision.

On arrival in the shop I found out that there are two types of Kral Models available at that Shop, one was the Cara Cara and the other was Tundra. The shopkeeper could not enlighten me on the difference between the two, so I resorted to seek help from Google, which led me to Kral’s brochure. I am sharing screenshots of the brochure for awareness purposes

Cara Cara

Name:  Cara Cara.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  92.5 KB

Tundra

Name:  Tundra.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  53.6 KB

I found two major differences between the two models; Cara Cara has an aluminium receiver, while Tundra has a steel receiver, which makes the latter around 0.4kg heavier in 28 inch barrel configuration.

Keeping in mind this difference I decided to go ahead with Tundra, as it had a steel receiver, therein addressing one reservation from Jibz. I would add here that I also discussed with a few other friends who have used Kral O/U shotguns and they encouraged me to consider it. Time for some eye candy.

Name:  IMG_20200919_105628.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  35.1 KB

The shotgun came without a box, with 4 chokes, the wooden furniture is made out of Turkish walnut and is laminated. However at a few places the laminations appears to be coming/ peeling off. Fit to finish of the gun is okay, has a front fiber optic sight. The gun has a single trigger, however the user can select which barrel to fire first, as the safety catch acts as a barrel selector too.
    So far I have used it for trap shooting and am satisfied with its performance (somehow it shoots better when Ameer shoots it) :-p I would add here once I use the gun more.

All in all I find it to be a very good value for money. I would also request Ameer and Nazim Sb to add their comments as they both used the gun as well. Inputs from Jibz and other members are also welcome.
    Before you embark on a journey of Revenge, dig two graves - Confucius (504 BC)
    102nd Chairborne Rangers, Special Forums Operator Delta, The Keyboard Commandos

The complete package

Name:  IMG_20200919_110038.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  22.9 KB

Congratulations on the new purchase, looks like a fantastic gun. Is there any whatsapp grp of Pakguns members would love to be added there. Which range do you go for skeet shooting?

Quote Originally Posted by TsAr View Post
    Congratulations on the new purchase, looks like a fantastic gun. Is there any whatsapp grp of Pakguns members would love to be added there. Which range do you go for skeet shooting?
    Thanks TsAr, no there's no official whatsapp group, I go to POF Skeet Shooting Club in Wah

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraz View Post
    The complete package

Name:  IMG_20200919_110038.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  22.9 KB
    Fraz Congratz on such a nice buy. You have smartly opted for a good package, hope this will serve you best IAllah. This model is most suited for Duck n Dove shooting but a bit heavy for upland hunt. If you don’t mind kindly mention price of the gun for comparison of pre/ post import ban prices. Your observation about decline in Pakguns activity is correct and we must try to keep the forum alive. Happy shooting
    Command lies with none but Allah.

Quote Originally Posted by kohshikan5 View Post
    Fraz Congratz on such a nice buy. You have smartly opted for a good package, hope this will serve you best IAllah. This model is most suited for Duck n Dove shooting but a bit heavy for upland hunt. If you don’t mind kindly mention price of the gun for comparison of pre/ post import ban prices. Your observation about decline in Pakguns activity is correct and we must try to keep the forum alive. Happy shooting
    Sir thanks for the kind words. I think that this is lighter than Baikal. Brother, got it for 50k from Peshawar.

Thanks TsAr, no there's no official whatsapp group, I go to POF Skeet Shooting Club in Wah
    So POF shooting club is open now after COVID, are they accepting new members and what is the procedure.

So POF shooting club is open now after COVID, are they accepting new members and what is the procedure.
    Yes the club is open now, benefits of this club are:

Most reasonably priced, as compared to others

Downside:
    Open only on saturdays, membership is difficult to get, 45 min drive.

I'm not sure about new membership, I can provide you with contact information of Range Captain.

Please do provide me with the details. thank you.

Zabardast
    A job well done, Fraz.
    First of all many congrats on your new goodie. May it serve you well.
    Secondly, a very well written review covering almost all the aspects of this Shotty. A big thumbs up.

I am glad someone took the pain to write this review instead of the usual boring queries about prices and licenses which has been haunting PG for quite some time now.

Cheers
    “Bottom Line; If We’re Gonna Have Fun, There Better Be A Lot Of Ammo!”

Congratulations Bro. These are good value for money, balance and accuracy is good as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibz View Post
    Zabardast
    A job well done, Fraz.
    First of all many congrats on your new goodie. May it serve you well.
    Secondly, a very well written review covering almost all the aspects of this Shotty. A big thumbs up.

I am glad someone took the pain to write this review instead of the usual boring queries about prices and licenses which has been haunting PG for quite some time now.

Cheers
    Sir thank you for your comments, you know that I value your input a lot :-D.... I will try to upload more pics for information of members.... I agree that more reviews are needed here to keep the forum alive.

Quote Originally Posted by FA226 View Post
    Congratulations Bro. These are good value for money, balance and accuracy is good as well.
    Sir thank you. I will update once I use it more.

Sir thank you. I will update once I use it more.
    InshaAllah it will serve you well.I use to have one.I have killed lot of crows with it.I bought 3 for friends as well all are working good.

Very nice Review Fraz. Well narrated & explained with to-the-point information. Its a solid buy and i wish it serves your next generation as well.

Now waiting for range report
    Two most important days in your life:
    The day you were BORN & The day you find out WHY

Congrats fraz
    On your new purchase
    Hope it will serve u well in future INSHA ALLAH.
    In last 3 months we brought 6 over unders from Peshawar
    One for me and rest for friends
    But they were all Kral Cara Cara
    Paid 55 to 58 for each gun.
    Prices varies from dealer to dealer and availability in Market
    The most economical shopping was from United Arms hashtnagri
    Tahir

P.s i loved the simplest mechanism of Cara Cara
    Not sure about Tundra.

I compared its pattern test with my Baikal
    Not bad at all.
    https://youtu.be/LFTXguAJxTg

Regards
    My life my rules...
    Afzaal.pg @ gmail

Enthusiast
    Sir thanks for the kind words. I think that this is lighter than Baikal. Brother, got it for 50k from Peshawar.
    Congrats bro, decent price I don't think here in karachi it will be anywhere near that.

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm View Post
    Congrats bro, decent price I don't think here in karachi it will be anywhere near that.
    If its available in Pwr at 50k then expected price in Khi would be 100k.
    My life my rules...
    Afzaal.pg @ gmail

Please do provide me with the details. thank you.
    Sorry for the delayed response, Mr Salman is Captain of the Range these days, his number is 03135050212. Regards

Quote Originally Posted by fezan View Post
    Very nice Review Fraz. Well narrated & explained with to-the-point information. Its a solid buy and i wish it serves your next generation as well.

Now waiting for range report
    Thanks Fezan bhai, I shall be updating on that after my next visit to the range. Thank you for advising me to go ahead with the notion of buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Afzaal View Post
    Congrats fraz
    On your new purchase
    Hope it will serve u well in future INSHA ALLAH.
    In last 3 months we brought 6 over unders from Peshawar
    One for me and rest for friends
    But they were all Kral Cara Cara
    Paid 55 to 58 for each gun.
    Prices varies from dealer to dealer and availability in Market
    The most economical shopping was from United Arms hashtnagri
    Tahir

P.s i loved the simplest mechanism of Cara Cara
    Not sure about Tundra.

I compared its pattern test with my Baikal
    Not bad at all.
    https://youtu.be/LFTXguAJxTg

Regards
    Sir, with these Turkish Guns, i believe each shipment comes with a different model. I got mine from Haider Arms in Hastnagri, but most of the other dealers I went to had Cara Cara in stock, while one had a single piece of Signature as well, asking price was generally between 53 to 60k. How many cartridges have you put through your gun? Thanks for the kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Afzaal View Post
    If its available in Pwr at 50k then expected price in Khi would be 100k.
    Thanks brothers, Its a good thing that I live not too far from Peshawar