Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Import Ban lifted

Quote Originally Posted by Fraz View Post
    Dear, this isn't the case previously ministry of commerce used to issue those import permits. However they have issued a SRO according to which any licence holder can import a weapon.
    Ok I wasn't aware of that but if that's the case then that could be good news please elaborate if you know further, the last time I looked into this topic was 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by MK47 View Post
    Ok I wasn't aware of that but if that's the case then that could be good news please elaborate if you know further, the last time I looked into this topic was 10 years ago.
    Name:  Screenshot_20210213-171718__01.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  32.2 KBName:  Screenshot_20210213-171711__01.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  32.2 KB
    Before you embark on a journey of Revenge, dig two graves - Confucius (504 BC)
    102nd Chairborne Rangers, Special Forums Operator Delta, The Keyboard Commandos

Name:  Screenshot_20210213-171718__01.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  32.2 KB
    Since this SRO dates back in June 2018 so if this would have been so easy then a lot of individuals would have done it already a long ago but never heard of any ordinary citizen importing something on his personal arms license in recent years, not sure about dealers though.

Floating an SRO is one thing and letting ordinary citizens be a beneficiary is another. After all our bureaucracy is well known for making things more difficult rather simplifying them.

There must be so many complexities involved in the process or they haven't actually come up with an exact working procedure just to make it vague.
    I have a very strict gun control policy, if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasim Ikram View Post
    Since this SRO dates back in June 2018 so if this would have been so easy then a lot of individuals would have done it already a long ago but never heard of any ordinary citizen importing something on his personal arms license in recent years, not sure about dealers though.

Floating an SRO is one thing and letting ordinary citizens be a beneficiary is another. After all our bureaucracy is well known for making things more difficult rather simplifying them.

There must be so many complexities involved in the process or they haven't actually come up with an exact working procedure just to make it vague.
    Importing a gun is easier said then done. Not only you need permission from the Pakistan but also require a export license or permit from the host country.

Dear, the SRO is issued by our Govt. However as already pointed out by TsAr, you need purchase and export permission from abroad, which has become difficult over time, especially with our grey status in FATF list. Many countries are not willing to export to us due the same. However, there are people who have done it, but it requires persistence, a lot of paperwork and effort.

Dear, the SRO is issued by our Govt. However as already pointed out by TsAr, you need purchase and export permission from abroad, which has become difficult over time, especially with our grey status in FATF list. Many countries are not willing to export to us due the same. However, there are people who have done it, but it requires persistence, a lot of paperwork and effort.
    Must be extremely difficult and challenging for a common citizen, only Govt officials, politicians, armed forces high ranked officials, Beaurocrates, diplomates etc may be able to do it. Then the custom duty issues once it reaches the hands of Pak customs.

Quote Originally Posted by MK47 View Post
    Must be extremely difficult and challenging for a common citizen, only Govt officials, politicians, armed forces high ranked officials, Beaurocrates, diplomates etc may be able to do it. Then the custom duty issues once it reaches the hands of Pak customs.
    Moral of the story, it's not for masses.
    I have a very strict gun control policy, if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.

Moral of the story, it's not for masses.
    It is simple as far as our procedures are concerned, however our govt cant influence other govts to make their procedures simpler for us.