Thread: Need advise on a Reliable rifle

Enthusiast

Need advise on a Reliable rifle

Salam all, senior members please advise a few budget friendly bolt action or semi auto rifle available in the imported category should be reliable and tested & the ammo should be available.
    Will appreciate all the help, good day all.
    Last edited by 9mm; 28-08-2020 at 06:19 PM.

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 9mm View Post
    Salam all, senior members please advise a few budget friendly bolt action or semi auto rifle available in the imported category should be reliable and tested & the ammo should be available.
    Will appreciate all the help, good day all.
    .22lr. Plenty of ammo under 100 a pop. If bolt then the CZ Brno Model 2 and if semi auto than the Italian Adler .22lr. The former is extremely accurate while the latter is a great plinking gun. I own the latter and love it.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    .22lr. Plenty of ammo under 100 a pop. If bolt then the CZ Brno Model 2 and if semi auto than the Italian Adler .22lr. The former is extremely accurate while the latter is a great plinking gun. I own the latter and love it.
    Thank you for suggesting, how much are these going for nowadays ? any ideas ?

Thank you for suggesting, how much are these going for nowadays ? any ideas ?
    Well... I got mine as a test project for 18k. I spent a year making it the way I want it. But a well made gun should set you back by 55k or so in very good condition.

As for the Brno it should be around 100k or so. However the Russian Toz is also a good option. It is a bolt action weapon. NIB I saw last year at BnB lucky star. Adnan Peshawarwala was willing to let it go for 80k or so. It had a bull barrel and was box pack NIB.
    Star Armoury at lucky star also had one. It was roughly used. Asking was 45k. It did not have a provision for a scope He had a few used Brnos as well. model 2 and model 2e. Asking was 65 to 75k some time back. I saw an Erma made in west germany at Javaid armoury. It was 50k . It was semi auto.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Enthusiast
    Well... I got mine as a test project for 18k. I spent a year making it the way I want it. But a well made gun should set you back by 55k or so in very good condition.

As for the Brno it should be around 100k or so. However the Russian Toz is also a good option. It is a bolt action weapon. NIB I saw last year at BnB lucky star. Adnan Peshawarwala was willing to let it go for 80k or so. It had a bull barrel and was box pack NIB.
    Star Armoury at lucky star also had one. It was roughly used. Asking was 45k. It did not have a provision for a scope He had a few used Brnos as well. model 2 and model 2e. Asking was 65 to 75k some time back. I saw an Erma made in west germany at Javaid armoury. It was 50k . It was semi auto.
    18K must be a long time ago, I don't think that area has good stuff any more but you have a good weapon there.
    I'm looking into Brno & Toz, seems like a good area to start.
    Erma that you mentioned in the lever action semi auto right with scope? Its a beauty and under 50K, Used I'm guessing.
    I'm attaching pictures of Toz and Erma to make sure we're talking about the same rifles.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Yes, it was back in 2017 that I got the Adler. The reason Abass a HM let it go was that it was minus a stock and it did not cycle beyond one round and it had only one mag and the blueing had come off. And it was a bulk deal as a lot of Pak Gunners had purchased the CF mini from him at the same time. I chipped in and asked him to include the adler as well since it had been collecting dust for a long time at his outlet.

Got the action functioning flawlessly, got her reblued, put in a folding butt stock. Got a fresh magazine. A sling . Got a mount and finally a Pine Ridge 2 X green dot sight. Now she shoots so well its almost boring. Took me a couple of years though.

The Toz comes in many models. Each different from the other one. Ditto for the Erma, Had it been lever action in 45-50k. I would have gotten it myself. The erma I saw was semi auto.

Btw, I have heard that they have placed the .223 and the .222 into PB catagory once again, even for semi auto. No idea if it is true or not.

Enthusiast
    Yes, it was back in 2017 that I got the Adler. The reason Abass a HM let it go was that it was minus a stock and it did not cycle beyond one round and it had only one mag and the blueing had come off. And it was a bulk deal as a lot of Pak Gunners had purchased the CF mini from him at the same time. I chipped in and asked him to include the adler as well since it had been collecting dust for a long time at his outlet.

Got the action functioning flawlessly, got her reblued, put in a folding butt stock. Got a fresh magazine. A sling . Got a mount and finally a Pine Ridge 2 X green dot sight. Now she shoots so well its almost boring. Took me a couple of years though.

The Toz comes in many models. Each different from the other one. Ditto for the Erma, Had it been lever action in 45-50k. I would have gotten it myself. The erma I saw was semi auto.
    Nice bro, sort of like taking it on as a project, the part that I don't like is the low sound of fire because of the .22, I mean I like it loud, thats how I've always imagined myself firing but I'm open to changes so lets see.
    Erma you were talking about was bolt action not lever like the above ? because honestly lever wali looks much more attractive not too sure about its practicality.

Enthusiast
    Btw, I have heard that they have placed the .223 and the .222 into PB catagory once again, even for semi auto. No idea if it is true or not.
    Really? because recently my friend got Saiga .223 on NPB.

I mean I like it loud,.
    Lol.......
    Communist until you get rich; Feminist until you get married; Atheist until the airplane starts falling.

'Discreet chuckles'

Really? because recently my friend got Saiga .223 on NPB.
    The rumour mill is churning overtime.. In Peshawar an NIB .223 saiga was being offered for 360k asking. No idea about Karachi.

We will try to go to peshawar next week and try and find out.

Enthusiast
    The rumour mill is churning overtime.. In Peshawar an NIB .223 saiga was being offered for 360k asking. No idea about Karachi.

We will try to go to peshawar next week and try and find out.
    Good luck,
    I was in the market yesterday, New CQ-A is going for 400k, also saw a a Serbian or Yugoslavian made, not sure, AR-15 type in green combo, looked beautiful.