Thread: looking for a good budget .308

looking for a good budget .308

Salaam,am currently searching the market for a bolt action .308 for hunting purposes am sure that branded guns will cost >200k
    I came across a local made 308 with nato barrel from hunting arms has anyone tried it
    What do you guys think about it thankyouName:  Screenshot_20200729-153033_WhatsApp.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  34.3 KBName:  Screenshot_20200729-153033_WhatsApp.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  34.3 KB

Its price is quoted 125k Name:  Screenshot_20200729-153031_WhatsApp.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  48.6 KB

Spend 75K extra and get an imported rifle !
    Hunting rifle (and shotgun) prices have not risen as much as handguns and their ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by umaralikhan View Post
    Its price is quoted 125k Name:  Screenshot_20200729-153031_WhatsApp.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  48.6 KB
    I was also in search of .308 (imported) since I got my lic. last year, but dropped the idea after having the price of Rs. 800k price from Univ. Road Pesh. dealers for a bull barrel (CZ made) rifle. I also visited DAK a number of times before lock down and the prices of local made .308 rifles (just like in the pic. you have posted) hovered betw. 30k-35 k but non of them was upto the standard, even they could not bear the load of 100 shots (imo).
    Another idea is to get a machine gun bbl of Russian RPK and other parts from 303 British rifles, but that is also not feasible as new bbls are not available and those avlbl are rusty. The only way out is to wait for good time or import one in individual capacity (if allowed by the Govt.)

What brand and model?

Quote Originally Posted by Imtiaz Shah View Post
    Spend 75K extra and get an imported rifle !
    Hunting rifle (and shotgun) prices have not risen as much as handguns and their ammo.
    What brand and model?

Quote Originally Posted by Khalil View Post
    I was also in search of .308 (imported) since I got my lic. last year, but dropped the idea after having the price of Rs. 800k price from Univ. Road Pesh. dealers for a bull barrel (CZ made) rifle. I also visited DAK a number of times before lock down and the prices of local made .308 rifles (just like in the pic. you have posted) hovered betw. 30k-35 k but non of them was upto the standard, even they could not bear the load of 100 shots (imo).
    Another idea is to get a machine gun bbl of Russian RPK and other parts from 303 British rifles, but that is also not feasible as new bbls are not available and those avlbl are rusty. The only way out is to wait for good time or import one in individual capacity (if allowed by the Govt.)
    oh this guy is saying its with m14 308 nato barrell and other parts are from other old guns
    You are right i think we can only wait for imports to open

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Local bolt action rifles are very very dangerou. THE excess pressure of the gas can blow it up and the bolt will go straight into the eye of the shooter!

Maybe he did put in an M14 barrel. Maybe he did not. 125k for something that is dicey at best and downright dangerous at worse is not a good idea IMHO.

Moreover, the other parts of the weapon. Have they been proofed for the powerful .308 winchester round? Can they withstand the pressure? Last i talked to a manufacturer on Kohat road about proofing and he gave me a blank expression.

I have seen some very very good looking Bolt Action Weapons here. However, their accuracy and durability leaves a lot to be desired. My advice: Stay away from local stuff unless you know exactly what has been put in it.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com