Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm a newbie and need expert guidance

Post I'm a newbie and need expert guidance

Salam everyone, may you all having a nice day.
    As i quoted on title need your guidance in two things but first of all lemme introduce myself
    i'm 23 and owning a business have 3 shops of imported material on main boltan market Karachi.
    Because of dealing in cash i have bought a pistol but the problem is that Balochistan (Quetta) license that i have.
    A dealer from luckystar told me that as sindh license are closed since ages and you're younger than 25 so your one and only option is Balochistan one. so he made me one
    Now the thing i want to ask that i have these documents
    1. one paper license of quetta
    2. 144 permit
    3. verification letter (one paper asking from Karachi to Quetta and a returned verification from Quetta)
    4. fsl report (forensic science laboratory)
    now what is missing ? is that enough ? what if LEAs stop me ? i usually ride bike to collect payments.
    I always wear shalwar kameez and yes eat lot of PAN as i'm memon bhai
    In short what questions will they ask and will they show some kindness as i'm a shopkeeper

And second question
    I am owning a second-hand np 42. bought in 80000/= one and a half year back from same shop.
    Is that a good weapon for self defence ? using red box chinese bullets.
    I only fired once while purchasing one and half years back.
    What is the value of my weapon and is there any other weapon available in same money value or slightly expensive.?
    Don't know why my weapon looks very breakable

Thank you all brothers

Just stop eating the pan and you're good.
    Communist until you get rich; Feminist until you get married; Atheist until the airplane starts falling.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza memon View Post
    Salam everyone, may you all having a nice day.
    As i quoted on title need your guidance in two things but first of all lemme introduce myself
    i'm 23 and owning a business have 3 shops of imported material on main boltan market Karachi.
    Because of dealing in cash i have bought a pistol but the problem is that Balochistan (Quetta) license that i have.
    A dealer from luckystar told me that as sindh license are closed since ages and you're younger than 25 so your one and only option is Balochistan one. so he made me one
    Now the thing i want to ask that i have these documents
    1. one paper license of quetta
    2. 144 permit
    3. verification letter (one paper asking from Karachi to Quetta and a returned verification from Quetta)
    4. fsl report (forensic science laboratory)
    now what is missing ? is that enough ? what if LEAs stop me ? i usually ride bike to collect payments.
    I always wear shalwar kameez and yes eat lot of PAN as i'm memon bhai
    In short what questions will they ask and will they show some kindness as i'm a shopkeeper

And second question
    I am owning a second-hand np 42. bought in 80000/= one and a half year back from same shop.
    Is that a good weapon for self defence ? using red box chinese bullets.
    I only fired once while purchasing one and half years back.
    What is the value of my weapon and is there any other weapon available in same money value or slightly expensive.?
    Don't know why my weapon looks very breakable

Thank you all brothers
    Dear brother, welcome to the forum, your NP42 is a very reliable weapon. Dont worry about that and your paper work is also in order. However you need to practice with your firearm, as without training it will become a liability for you.

I would second Shahroze in the sense that Policemen usually stop people based on appearance. The current appearance you are describing will most probably be a cause for police and rangers to pull you over. Regards
    Before you embark on a journey of Revenge, dig two graves - Confucius (504 BC)
    102nd Chairborne Rangers, Special Forums Operator Delta, The Keyboard Commandos

That is actually difficult for me. Eating since years. But iíll try to keep my mouth clean while riding. As you told me your paper work is in order. So i just want to ask what will they ask to me if they stop me. Or should i say something before them actually never engaged in this situation.
    And appearance ?? Means say no to shalwar kameez and start wearing a clean white shirt with blue jeans ?? 😂
    as iím a good businessman they have no value for that..?
    Where should i practice ?? Joining a shooting range ?.. sounds expensive !!

Hey Raza,
    Kroo hall hai bhaaa?
    First of all, Welcome to the PakGuns family. Here we have senior who guide us in every possible manner. Whereas Np42 no doubt is best reliable weapon for your safety but as brother "Fraz" stated that you need to have practice and grip on your weapon to make it run properly if a condition arises where you need to fire someone for your own safety.

Alhamdulilah. Allah jo karam ai bhaa..!
    training is necessary i know but one of my friend told me about garrison shooting range and their fees as well. He told me they charge more than 100k. To be very frank iím not going to pay that much amount. 🤐

Quote Originally Posted by a.basit94 View Post
    Hey Raza,
    Kroo hall hai bhaaa?
    First of all, Welcome to the PakGuns family. Here we have senior who guide us in every possible manner. Whereas Np42 no doubt is best reliable weapon for your safety but as brother "Fraz" stated that you need to have practice and grip on your weapon to make it run properly if a condition arises where you need to fire someone for your own safety.
    training is necessary i know but one of my friend told me about garrison shooting range and their fees as well. He told me they charge more than 100k. To be very frank iím not going to pay that much amount. 🤐

No Bhaa, we have one range that charge for per visit. Although there is a humor that they have closed for per day visit but after that humor, my friend have visited the range. The range name is Arabian Side Country Club and charge 1k for a visit where arms and ammunition is yours. It is located at Gulshan-e-Hadeed!

training is necessary i know but one of my friend told me about garrison shooting range and their fees as well. He told me they charge more than 100k. To be very frank iím not going to pay that much amount. 蘿

Quote Originally Posted by a.basit94 View Post
    No Bhaa, we have one range that charge for per visit. Although there is a humor that they have closed for per day visit but after that humor, my friend have visited the range. The range name is Arabian Side Country Club and charge 1k for a visit where arms and ammunition is yours. It is located at Gulshan-e-Hadeed!
    You know my apartment is in boltan market and this range is to far. Will take hours. Na bhaa Na 😅

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    You know my apartment is in boltan market and this range is to far. Will take hours. Na bhaa Na ��
    Bhai, all of us regularly go to the Arabian Sea Country club. This is because they charge us 1k per visit. If you want something close inside the city. There is the garrison club. You will have to pay around 350k plus 5k per month for the rest of your life. If I recollect correctly. The PNS Karsaz range has roughly the same protocol. If you dont want to pay membership fees and dont want to go to ASCC, I am afraid you can't learn to shoot properly in that case.

As for the NP 42. It has been my faithful side arm since 2014. I bought it from fellow member Naeemur rahman. And between the two of us we have put in well over a thousand rounds of just about every ammo type possible at the range.

My weapon looks and feels like new and I have no intention of parting with it.

The current price of the NP 42 is 165k (pre lockdown figures)
    Anything above that will set you back by at least 260k. This is the absolute minimum for a Turkish weapon.
    Most turkish dont have decockers . .Your NP 42 has both a manual safety and a decocker. it also has a loaded chamber indicator and a accassory rail.

As regards the sindh computerised licenses. Yes he is spot on. You cant get one before you turn 25. As for the rangers.. If they stop you, they stop you. But try to clean up a bit when you conceal carry. Clean mouth, clean and pressed shirt and pant. And DONT EVER argue with the paramilitary rangers. That is a one way recipe for disaster.

It is advisable not to carry the weapon until you have learnt to shoot it properly. If God forbid you shoot and miss and nail the neighbor's baby girl playing hopscotch down the street. You will be in so much trouble you will wish you were never born.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    Bhai, all of us regularly go to the Arabian Sea Country club. This is because they charge us 1k per visit. If you want something close inside the city. There is the garrison club. You will have to pay around 350k plus 5k per month for the rest of your life. If I recollect correctly. The PNS Karsaz range has roughly the same protocol. If you dont want to pay membership fees and dont want to go to ASCC, I am afraid you can't learn to shoot properly in that case.

As for the NP 42. It has been my faithful side arm since 2014. I bought it from fellow member Naeemur rahman. And between the two of us we have put in well over a thousand rounds of just about every ammo type possible at the range.

My weapon looks and feels like new and I have no intention of parting with it.

The current price of the NP 42 is 165k (pre lockdown figures)
    Anything above that will set you back by at least 260k. This is the absolute minimum for a Turkish weapon.
    Most turkish dont have decockers . .Your NP 42 has both a manual safety and a decocker. it also has a loaded chamber indicator and a accassory rail.

As regards the sindh computerised licenses. Yes he is spot on. You cant get one before you turn 25. As for the rangers.. If they stop you, they stop you. But try to clean up a bit when you conceal carry. Clean mouth, clean and pressed shirt and pant. And DONT EVER argue with the paramilitary rangers. That is a one way recipe for disaster.

It is advisable not to carry the weapon until you have learnt to shoot it properly. If God forbid you shoot and miss and nail the neighbor's baby girl playing hopscotch down the street. You will be in so much trouble you will wish you were never born.
    Yesterday i was scrolling the page of garrison range and a post appears in that they were saying something about self-defence training and the price mentioned was 5k something what was that ..?

second if i go there in Arabian Sea Country Club will they train me in just 1k per day..?? or the fees is just for DHASS DHASS lol

The reason why i'm afraid of my weapon is after 1 month of purchase i went to the gun shop and fired 10 rounds of POF ammo after 3rd or 4th round my weapon just stucked. there was an unfired round stuck on top side hole where shalls eject. I called a dealer he came put out the magazine and forcefully chambered the pistol and the round came over.
    I complained about it and he was like there was a mistake in your firing action.
    one person who looks senior was sitting there and told me to buy something good like stoeger couger thats why i'm asking you guys to guide me about this

now last thing is license i know if LEAs stop me i have to be polite. my appearance is good enough for marketing environment. eating something like pan gutka can be avoided but whats wrong with shalwar kurta ..? can't understand

if i go at any range whats the process.. if i have to go a day before practice for registration ??
    by the way Thanks for that much info JAZAKALLAH.

And one more thing is how many rounds should me put over in magazine. like my weapon is unused more than a year. and when to clean a pistol after how much time ... Thanks

Yesterday i was scrolling the page of garrison range and a post appears in that they were saying something about self-defence training and the price mentioned was 5k something what was that ..?

second if i go there in Arabian Sea Country Club will they train me in just 1k per day..?? or the fees is just for DHASS DHASS lol

The reason why i'm afraid of my weapon is after 1 month of purchase i went to the gun shop and fired 10 rounds of POF ammo after 3rd or 4th round my weapon just stucked. there was an unfired round stuck on top side hole where shalls eject. I called a dealer he came put out the magazine and forcefully chambered the pistol and the round came over.
    I complained about it and he was like there was a mistake in your firing action.
    one person who looks senior was sitting there and told me to buy something good like stoeger couger thats why i'm asking you guys to guide me about this

now last thing is license i know if LEAs stop me i have to be polite. my appearance is good enough for marketing environment. eating something like pan gutka can be avoided but whats wrong with shalwar kurta ..? can't understand

if i go at any range whats the process.. if i have to go a day before practice for registration ??
    by the way Thanks for that much info JAZAKALLAH.
    Bhai clean your weapon thoroughly and then use good quality ammo. There are fake POF rounds in market as well. I bought my CF98 in 2011 and kept it till few months back when i gifted it to my brother. I have fired well over 3000 rounds, almost all POF. It functions properly. Besides, if you visit the range you may find many of our members there, who can have a look at your pistol for your peace of mind. I suggest you plan a range day with ED
    Before you embark on a journey of Revenge, dig two graves - Confucius (504 BC)
    102nd Chairborne Rangers, Special Forums Operator Delta, The Keyboard Commandos

Quote Originally Posted by Fraz View Post
    Bhai clean your weapon thoroughly and then use good quality ammo. There are fake POF rounds in market as well. I bought my CF98 in 2011 and kept it till few months back when i gifted it to my brother. I have fired well over 3000 rounds, almost all POF. It functions properly. Besides, if you visit the range you may find many of our members there, who can have a look at your pistol for your peace of mind. I suggest you plan a range day with ED
    There is something known as limp wristing in pistols. If you are doing that, it might lead to an FTE issue. Basically, it has a lot to do with how you grip your weapon. At the range we have seen many newbies cursing their pistols because they were not gripping them properly. When we fired the same weapons they functioned fine. THe Stoeger caugher at 275k is a hideously overpriced weapon. And it has the same rotating barrel action as the NP 42. If you limp wrist this one, you might be doing the same with that one as well.

As for the shalwar kameez. You wil have to take that up with the rangers though.

Quoting from personal experience, it is generally easy to conceal carry a weapon in a shalwar kameez than if you are wearing a dress button down shirt tucked into the trousers.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

And one more thing is how many rounds should me put over in magazine. like my weapon is unused more than a year. and when to clean a pistol after how much time ... Thanks
    It is a 15 round magazine. I put 15 rounds in it. I will take out a few rounds today, now that you reminded me. Just to give the ma some breathing space. Since it has been fully loaded for a few years.

There is something known as limp wristing in pistols. If you are doing that, it might lead to an FTE issue. Basically, it has a lot to do with how you grip your weapon. At the range we have seen many newbies cursing their pistols because they were not gripping them properly. When we fired the same weapons they functioned fine. THe Stoeger caugher at 275k is a hideously overpriced weapon. And it has the same rotating barrel action as the NP 42. If you limp wrist this one, you might be doing the same with that one as well.

As for the shalwar kameez. You wil have to take that up with the rangers though.

Quoting from personal experience, it is generally easy to conceal carry a weapon in a shalwar kameez than if you are wearing a dress button down shirt tucked into the trousers.
    Yeh i'm getting your words. MR. ED (sorry don't know your name hope you don't mind)
    My documents are complete and having a handsome weapon but the only thing i need is practice.
    but unfortunately can't manage to come ASCC. because it's too far. my shop timing is 10 to 10. and on Sundays i have to go to collect payments. the only possibility is Garrison and Karsaz on Sundays. don't know about Karsaz but Garrison is offering a basic course for handgun and the price was quoted 5k.
    i'm a elder son of my father and a young father of my 6 months old baby boy. HOPE YOU CAN UNDERSTAND.
    if there anything possible with small amount please let me know
    Sorry for your precious time.

Yeh i'm getting your words. MR. ED (sorry don't know your name hope you don't mind)
    My documents are complete and having a handsome weapon but the only thing i need is practice.
    but unfortunately can't manage to come ASCC. because it's too far. my shop timing is 10 to 10. and on Sundays i have to go to collect payments. the only possibility is Garrison and Karsaz on Sundays. don't know about Karsaz but Garrison is offering a basic course for handgun and the price was quoted 5k.
    i'm a elder son of my father and a young father of my 6 months old baby boy. HOPE YOU CAN UNDERSTAND.
    if there anything possible with small amount please let me know
    Sorry for your precious time.
    You wil have to ask Hamza Zahid khan at the RSCC range and see what he says. The rest of us go only to the ASCC I am afraid. WE start off early in the morning and are free by lunch. Its a day well spent and we do it or used to do it regularly.

You wil have to ask Hamza Zahid khan at the RSCC range and see what he says. The rest of us go only to the ASCC I am afraid. WE start off early in the morning and are free by lunch. Its a day well spent and we do it or used to do it regularly.
    Today had a lil conversation with PNSR. They told me they allow members only. They never allow walk-ins. He suggested me to contact garrison shooting range they have a list of short courses. I asked him what about a memberís guest ?? He replied they are most welcome with a lil amount of 900 or 1000.
    Trying to call garrison since morning but not response at all.
    Hoping for someone who take me to garrison or pnsr. And they let me in.

Today had a lil conversation with PNSR. They told me they allow members only. They never allow walk-ins. He suggested me to contact garrison shooting range they have a list of short courses. I asked him what about a member’s guest ?? He replied they are most welcome with a lil amount of 900 or 1000.
    Trying to call garrison since morning but not response at all.
    Hoping for someone who take me to garrison or pnsr. And they let me in.
    Been there.... Done that.. THis is why we now only go to ASCC

Been there.... Done that.. THis is why we now only go to ASCC
    One more thing ED. you know my pistol is np-42. But it doesnít looks like ...
    means my np-42 looks like same cf-98.
    on pistol there is a logo of Norinco np42 9x19 mm but pistol is not 2nd gen. same old body like cf 98 one chamber grip like old cf.
    can you gimme your contact wanna share pictures with you. Trying to post here but canít.