Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Firearm Restoration Projects by Jibz

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    The chaps who made it waaay back in the 1890s would have no idea it would be as good as new (if not better) after 130 years!
    BTW, how does it work?
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Winchester Model 1892- Pre Restoration Pics

Almost more than 2 years back I had acquired this historic Winchester 1892 in 44 WCF. It was in a pretty good condition for its age however, I sincerely believed it could do better.
    Allow me to share that this is a pretty rare Winchester with London Proof House Markings. The serial number look-up disclosed that this particular unit was made in year 1911.

Here is how it looked before I gave it some love.

http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.ph...l=1#post507222

“Bottom Line; If We’re Gonna Have Fun, There Better Be A Lot Of Ammo!”

Quote Originally Posted by Jibz View Post
    Almost more than 2 years back I had acquired this historic Winchester 1892 in 44 WCF. It was in a pretty good condition for its age however, I sincerely believed it could do better.
    Allow me to share that this is a pretty rare Winchester with London Proof House Markings. The serial number look-up disclosed that this particular unit was made in year 1911.

Here is how it looked before I gave it some love.

http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.ph...l=1#post507222

Its a beauty, I've always loved this model.

Damn Jibz bhai. I missed this thread.. As usual a fantastic job you have done.. The classic lines of austere elegance bear mute testimony to your many long hours of elbow grease and sheer hard work!
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Post Restoration - Winchester 1892

And this is how it turned out after Restoration.

Rookie
    Quite a late reply on my end but I am firmly convinced sir jibz here is a magician.

Jibz is one of our PG legends with often unique & rare things to share. Good work mate.

I have had the good fortune of observing em up close and personal, thanks to Jibz's bhai's generosity. They actually look waaaaaaaaaay better in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    I have had the good fortune of observing em up close and personal, thanks to Jibz's bhai's generosity. They actually look waaaaaaaaaay better in real life.
    Quote Originally Posted by MK47 View Post
    Jibz is one of our PG legends with often unique & rare things to share. Good work mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaRkPhOeNiX View Post
    Quite a late reply on my end but I am firmly convinced sir jibz here is a magician.
    Cheers Gentlemen
    You have been way too kind with your appreciations.

JazakAllah Khair

Pre and Post Pics of Rigarmi-Brescia .25 Pistol, 6.35 Calibre

It was almost an year back when my brother sent me this tiny little Italian Rigarmi-Brescia .25 ACP Pistol. It belonged to my Grand Uncle who carried it as EDC back in 70s and 80s. I dont know if it saw any action or not but I do know that it was left unattended for almost 2 decades before it reached me and by then it had been battered with rust.
    You will notice in the Before Pics that the rust had mostly affected the left hand side of the slide. After it had been completely stripped, the internals were way more cleaner than what I had initially expected.

In such type of restorations the biggest challenge that I encounter is to salvage the markings as much as possible. In the case of this little Italian, fortunately the rust was only surface bound and after mildly sand blasting it, it was evident that there was no pitting whatsoever and the markings were good to go. From there onwards it was smooth sailing till the end, gave it a semi gloss finish and simple bluing. The grips had very mild cracks which too were taken care by epoxy glue.

In my opinion it turned out sufficiently good, evident from the After Pics.

And Yes, I did shoot it at the range; Out of the total 5 Rounds shot, encountered 2 misfires despite deep primer strikes (I believe these misfires were due to the age old ammo that I found for it. There is also a high probability that the ammo was local made. lol). Rest it went flawless with proper cycling of each round. The ruptured casings of the fired rounds are also a clear give away that the ammo was local. I did check the chamber from inside, the walls were straight and were not the cause of the case rupturing.

Hats off for great efforts and hardwork Jibz brother
    Basic interest Shotguns 💕
    My life my rules...

Quote Originally Posted by Afzaal View Post
    Hats off for great efforts and hardwork Jibz brother
    JazakAllah Khair Dear
    Most obliged for your kind words.

Stay tuned, I am sharing few other things as well.

Beretta Model 1934- 7.65 Browning - Pre Pics

A very dear friend of mine sent me this Beretta Model 1934 in 7.65 Browning (aka .32 ACP) calibre. When I saw it first, for obvious reasons, I immediately declared it LOCAL/DESI made. The markings on it were as bad as they get and it had "MAD IN ITALY" stamped on it, YES MAD IN ITALY.
    After a very thorough inspection of the internals, I had to retract my previous statement and re-declare it genuine BUT painfully mistreated with incorrect re-markings etc. I will let the pictures tell the whole story.

I believe at some point in its life, someone thought it wise to remark it and that too with incorrect spellings and stampings. They also messed around with it in different places, Exhibit A: the rear grip serrations. But that was not all; in the above picture, you can see faint remains of the picture of a Horse. Yes, yes, somebody did try their best to mark it with the famous logo of Colt. hahahahaha

It came with only one magazine and that too was pitted and dented all around.

Beretta Model 1934- 7.65 Browning - During Process Pics

And so the next sequential thing was to disassemble this oldie. I was very careful in making sure that during the disassembly, none of the parts get any further damaged than what misery had already befallen them in the past.

Fortunately there wasn't too much pitting in the internals. But there were clear cut signs that most of its frame had been put under a filer tool, previously, for reasons unknown to me.

All the springs had decent tension in them so didnt need to change those. The Barrel was sufficiently clean and the grooves were clear and well defined. The firing pin had not deformed and was in decent enough condition.

The logo of the horse along with the misspelled markings on the slide were removed with a fine filer.

The "MAD IN ITALY" stamped markings on the frame were quite deep so I couldn't file them off because then that would weaken the frame walls so the alternate was to weld it and fill in those markings.

Again with the help of a filer tool, the excess weld was removed and the surface became smooth as it was intended.

The magazine walls were very thin so I had very little space to work with. Ultimately the decision was to clean its surface as minimally as possible so that its structural integrity is not compromised.

The misspelled markings on the slide were filed off and then proper markings were engraved according to its design specs.

In the end, all the parts were blued. For the end results, stay tuned.

Beretta Model 1934- 7.65 Browning - AFTER Pics

The small moving parts were chromed to bring out the BLING in this Oldie. When it comes to these old firearms, the Chrome finish also helps in minimizing the surface wear to some extent.

The barrel too was chromed because its contrast with the bluing finish slide would give the handgun a more retro classic look.

The trigger pull on it is very mushy but that should not be a deciding factor for this handgun, in any way whatsoever.

The Chromed mag base plate and the mag heel release both gave the handgun a very nice look.

Due to the camera angle it looks as if the slide grip serrations are still messed up. Well, in fact they are not and look way way better in person; this was how it looked only in the pics.

Allow me to add that this is a fully functional handgun as I did test fire 5 rounds through it.

Wishing Happy Shooting to its owner.

I concur fully with the good Dark Pheonix's assessment. You sir Jibz are a magician. Pure and simple!

Your restoration of a Beretta 1935 is beautiful, you turned a dog into a princess. However I am fairly confident (not 100%, but close) that it is Darra-made, not Italian. The trigger guard just doesn't look right, and no Italian craftsman would have let that one out of the factory. And why would anyone remark a dog of a pistol...and spell the words incorrectly. It makes no sense.
    But you, sir, have given the pistol a new life.

great restoration job as usual.