Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Firearm Restoration Projects by Jibz

Good going Jibz, sir. Always a treat to see your restoration projects. Great job done
    Before you embark on a journey of Revenge, dig two graves - Confucius (504 BC)
    102nd Chairborne Rangers, Special Forums Operator Delta, The Keyboard Commandos

Good going Jibz, sir. Always a treat to see your restoration projects. Great job done

Almost 5 years back, I had made a separate thread for the Restoration project of the M1 Garand, however to populate this specific thread, I am posting some Before and After pics of that particular rifle along with the link to the original thread.

http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.ph...l=1#post475077

“Bottom Line; If We’re Gonna Have Fun, There Better Be A Lot Of Ammo!”

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Jibs bhai. Jibz bhai.

You know naa that you are a magician..
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Rejuvenating a .32/7.65 Llama

An ex colleague of mine bought a Llama in 7.65 Browning. The handgun was in a decent enough condition as there was minimal rust and pitting but the colour had completely worn off. All the markings and smaller parts were complete. He wanted me to work on it and this is how it went from Before to After.

And Behold; The End Result
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    Jibs bhai. Jibz bhai. You know naa that you are a magician..

Pre Pics- Breathing life in to a .38 S&W Revolver

A senior friend of mine had inherited a .38 S&W Revolver from his father, which he handed over to me for some engraving and rebluing etc.

Here is how it looked when I received it.

Well, first the handgun was completely stripped down. Then it was washed vigorously to clean all the gunk and grease. Then old numbering and markings had almost diminished so they were removed carefully. After that the same markings were re-engraved in the same spots. This was a requirement from the owner in fact. After that the frame and the cylinder were buffed with wire brush and after that they were sand blasted.

The trigger, hammer, cylinder opener, cylinder axle were all sand blasted and then buffed and then nickeled and then chromed. The remaining parts, including the frame and the cylinder were sand blasted and then given normal blueing. After that the Frame and the cylinder were both polished with the cloth buff and were blued once again.

All the blued parts were then buffed at a slower speed cloth buff with minimal pressure so that the shine emerges. After that the engraving was done on the Frame, barrel and the cylinder. I didn't like the first phase of engraving and suggested some changes which were somewhat incorporated but were still not up to my complete satisfaction.

This is how it turned out at that stage.

Quote Originally Posted by jibz View Post
    a senior friend of mine had inherited a .38 s&w revolver from his father, which he handed over to me for some engraving and rebluing etc.

Here is how it looked when i received it.

well, first the handgun was completely stripped down. Then it was washed vigorously to clean all the gunk and grease. Then old numbering and markings had almost diminished so they were removed carefully. After that the same markings were re-engraved in the same spots. This was a requirement from the owner in fact. After that the frame and the cylinder were buffed with wire brush and after that they were sand blasted.

The trigger, hammer, cylinder opener, cylinder axle were all sand blasted and then buffed and then nickeled and then chromed. The remaining parts, including the frame and the cylinder were sand blasted and then given normal blueing. After that the frame and the cylinder were both polished with the cloth buff and were blued once again.

All the blued parts were then buffed at a slower speed cloth buff with minimal pressure so that the shine emerges. After that the engraving was done on the frame, barrel and the cylinder. I didn't like the first phase of engraving and suggested some changes which were somewhat incorporated but were still not up to my complete satisfaction.

this is how it turned out at that stage.
    e p i c !!! O_o

MashaAllah Bro. You are really good at restoration of old classics.

Post Pics- Breathing life in to a .38 S&W Revolver

The grips were plain simple and without any checkering. Also they were made from a wood which was difficult to be engraved in and were chipping off easily. So it was decided to get it diamond checkered as that would not chip off.

After the frame and cylinder had been engraved, they were again buffed with wire mesh. And then sand blasted and then vigorously polished with a cloth buff and then reblued once again.

After rebluing the frame and the cylinder, the colour of the engravings and the rest of the surface were all black and so to enhance the looks of the engraved spots, the whole revolver was buffed with a soft cloth. The objective was to give the revolver a period correct finish which would give a BATTLE WORN look and the engraving area would look somewhat darker.

In the end after an effort of almost 2 weeks, here was the finished product.

Quote Originally Posted by AsadZero2 View Post
    e p i c !!! O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by FA226 View Post
    MashaAllah Bro. You are really good at restoration of old classics.
    Cheers Gentlemen.
    Stay Blessed

the llama was once my dream gun. She is like a mini version of a 1911. Loved what you did to her Sir Jibz.. As well as the .38 Wheelie.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Jibz bhai, enjoyed the workmanship on the wheelie, very neat and beautiful..... Excellent job

Restoring the M44 Mosin Nagant

I had posted the complete and step by step details of this restoration on my Collection Thread.

http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.ph...l=1#post473318

Posting here again to compile all the restoration projects in one thread.

the llama was once my dream gun. She is like a mini version of a 1911. Loved what you did to her Sir Jibz.. As well as the .38 Wheelie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraz View Post
    Jibz bhai, enjoyed the workmanship on the wheelie, very neat and beautiful..... Excellent job
    Cheers Gentlemen
    Must obliged for your kind words.

On the contrary sir, we are oblighed to you for taking the time out to share your truly wondrous work with us!

Joseph Bourne & Son, Birmingham -16 Gauge

Several Years back, I was able to get my hands on my Grand Father's shotgun. It is a 16 Gauge, smooth bore, made by Joseph Bourne & Son, Birmingham in Martini Henry Action.

Quite battered and least cared for, the shotgun was in shambles and I had to slither it out of the village house as the other cousins would have lost no time in establishing their claim over it; if they had seen me escape with it. Well thats how family heirlooms are. lol. An interesting thing about the shotgun is that it was entered on a license back in 1938 under my Grand Father's name and I have that license also in my possession.

The shotgun was completely disassembled.

Post Restoration Pics- Joseph Bourne & Son 16 Gauge

If I reckon correctly, it took me almost 2 weeks to complete the restoration of this shotgun.

And you did a bang up job as usual sir!

Member Extraordinaire
    Magnificent Sir

Well done bro.

COLT LIGHTNING MEDIUM FRAME SADDLE RING CARBINE (.32-20 aka 32 WCF)

It was almost 8 years back when I posted the pics of this Colt Lightning Carbine on PG.
    http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.ph...l=1#post315392

At that time I was of the opinion to keep it as it is but then the itch got worse and I had to work on it. I didnt have the Pre-Restoration Pics so I am posting the ones from the last thread.

This Rifle is in .32 WCF Calibre.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.32-20_Winchester

And you did a bang up job as usual sir!
    Quote Originally Posted by shahroze View Post
    Magnificent Sir
    Quote Originally Posted by FA226 View Post
    Well done bro.
    Cheers Gentlemen
    Stay Blessed.

Post Restoration - Colt Lightning Saddle Ring Carbine

I checked out the year of manufacturing of this rifle through its serial number on the Colt's website and it said that this particular unit was made in 1890.

https://www.colt.com/serial-lookup