Thread: Mark 4 Enfield shortened barrel

Mark 4 Enfield shortened barrel

I have recently shortened the barrel of my lee Enfield rifle from 25inchs to 18 inches,completely reblued also maintained its original shape by not shaping it like jungle carbine.
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    \'\' The Most Beautiful Thing In The World Is The World Itself \'\'

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by SAJJAD ALI View Post
    I have recently shortened the barrel of my lee Enfield rifle from 25inchs to 18 inches,completely reblued also maintained its original shape by not shaping it like jungle carbine.
    Nicely done brother. By reducing the barrel length range will be reduced aswell. Share your range experience before and after this modification.
    Command lies with none but Allah.

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Sajjad Bhai, I have been trying to find ammo here in karachi. But so far I have only seen VIII that is totally not recommended for this rifle since its Vickers machine gun round. A Raj era version of POF one z and POF 2z.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    Sajjad Bhai, I have been trying to find ammo here in karachi. But so far I have only seen VIII that is totally not recommended for this rifle since its Vickers machine gun round. A Raj era version of POF one z and POF 2z.
    ammo is avalible in balouchistan last time i bought it was around 150/per both number cut and 1965 made pof rounds.condition cox packed.if you need some help kindly contact me on sajjadsoomro1988@gmail.com

At that price I guess we'd be better with the pof 124g round
    Communist until you get rich; Feminist until you get married; Atheist until the airplane starts falling.

And why would you do that?

Quote Originally Posted by drsmali View Post
    And why would you do that?
    Because he wanted to ruin his rifle, which he did.
    Successfully.
    Communist until you get rich; Feminist until you get married; Atheist until the airplane starts falling.

ammo is avalible in balouchistan last time i bought it was around 150/per both number cut and 1965 made pof rounds.condition cox packed.if you need some help kindly contact me on sajjadsoomro1988@gmail.com
    Thank you very much sir. yes.. i definetely need them.. I bought my stock from landi Kotal and peshawar. How is your experience wiht them. For every two rounds she fires i get a dud. For both number cut and non number cut. I bought a few Sellior and balliot soft point rounds, but at 400 a pop. I only bought ten.

P.S After i saw your rifle, I took mine from the cover and showed it the pics of yours. Kay, this is what happens to naughty rifles that misfire.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Finding perfectly stored surplus ammo is a big problem nowadays,basically i got few hundreds from the dealer who has some contacts.150 seems to be high as compared to pesh price.but misfires are the problem which eventually is a loss.i have never faced any problem with nocut ammo.1965 pof sometime hang fires but all work fine.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by shahroze View Post
    Because he wanted to ruin his rifle, which he did.
    Successfully.
    I always wanted a scout rifle.thats why i bought this rifle and shortened it.belive me its beautiful and very interesting to shoot.18inchs are enough to at shoot 200meters the kind of range we have in our village

Accuracy would suffer after cutting the barrel. Share range report when you shoot.
    Good luck

Finding perfectly stored surplus ammo is a big problem nowadays,basically i got few hundreds from the dealer who has some contacts.150 seems to be high as compared to pesh price.but misfires are the problem which eventually is a loss.i have never faced any problem with nocut ammo.1965 pof sometime hang fires but all work fine.
    I agree sajjad bhai.. A dud round is worse than useless anyway. The ones you have certainly look very promising. Let us wait for the lock down to be over so that we can get some shopping done.

Meanwhile, how did you crown the barrel once you had shortened it?

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    I agree sajjad bhai.. A dud round is worse than useless anyway. The ones you have certainly look very promising. Let us wait for the lock down to be over so that we can get some shopping done.

Meanwhile, how did you crown the barrel once you had shortened it?
    i used dremel tool, foil and sandpaper ,it took a while to get in perfect shape.

British Surplus Irish Contract Lee Enfield No4. Mk2 (F)
    https://www.sdsguns.com/products/rifles-british-312
    kindly read this post, i got inspired by this model and thought to convert my rife into this one.

Thanks for the link sir!