Thread: Long Term Storage of weapons ?

Long Term Storage of weapons ?

Planning to move UK for hopefully long time . Need your expert opinion regarding how to store weapons for a 5-6 years without getting moisture etc. as I have to put them in safe place having no one to take responsibility of them after me .

Thanks

Good question as I've already learnt my lesson the hard way being abroad most of the time, during which one of my original chinese .30 TT pistol gave me a frustrating shock when I opened the carry bag, one of its side was badly rusted. Then more recently followed by the Chinese CQ 5.56 as it was left in a cupboard for over 2 years behind the hung up clothes for a quick access in case of any immediate HD scenario. The ppl inside the house never bothered checking it untill I recently asked for a picture of the serial number for license purposes and when recieved the picture came to me as a complete or unexpected disappointment. It looked full of damp.

Anything you store must be fully lubricated in oil preferrabily 20-25 egine oil and 75-80 percent diesel both mixed together, make sure your weapons are literally soaked or almost dipped in oil, then wrap them up fully in plastic bags/ sheets separately untill each weapon fully air tight in otherwords air, moist or dampness must not be able to get to it.

With Ammo and mags just store it in plastic bags and then inside airtight containers. I use plastic lunch boxes or food containers with lids decent sized ones. They are cheap and seemed to job so far.

If you lookat top of the barrel you may notice the dust and dampness.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by MK47; 13-01-2020 at 12:19 AM.

OMG those were my worst fears and after seeing the pic of your 5.56 I am a bit shocked . It is actually a very good idea and advise to thoroughly lubricate and store .
    What about vaccum food sealer and big thick plastic bags ( actually used for meat/food packing ) . On you tube I saw guys doing it making the weapon air tight and can leave it without fear of rust or any decay for many years . Any thoughts about it ?

Quote Originally Posted by MK47 View Post
    Good question as I've already learnt my lesson the hard way being abroad most of the time, during which one of my original chinese .30 TT pistol gave me a frustrating shock when I opened the carry bag, one of its side was badly rusted. Then more recently followed by the Chinese CQ 5.56 as it was left in a cupboard for over 2 years behind the hung up clothes for a quick access in case of any immediate HD scenario. The ppl inside the house never bothered checking it untill I recently asked for a picture of the serial number for license purposes and when recieved the picture came to me as a complete or unexpected disappointment. It looked full of damp.

Anything you store must be fully lubricated in oil preferrabily 20-25 egine oil and 75-80 percent diesel both mixed together, make sure your weapons are literally soaked or almost dipped in oil, then wrap them up fully in plastic bags/ sheets separately untill each weapon fully air tight in otherwords air, moist or dampness must not be able to get to it.

With Ammo and mags just store it in plastic bags and then inside airtight containers. I use plastic lunch boxes or food containers with lids decent sized ones. They are cheap and seemed to job so far.

If you lookat top of the barrel you may notice the dust and dampness.

If you are in Karachi, You can transfer it to me. I'll make sure no scratch will come and will return you once you are back
    Tab tak if your mind changes, I'll pay you its amount in installment!
    Quote Originally Posted by cancer_doc View Post
    OMG those were my worst fears and after seeing the pic of your 5.56 I am a bit shocked . It is actually a very good idea and advise to thoroughly lubricate and store .
    What about vaccum food sealer and big thick plastic bags ( actually used for meat/food packing ) . On you tube I saw guys doing it making the weapon air tight and can leave it without fear of rust or any decay for many years . Any thoughts about it ?

Quote Originally Posted by cancer_doc View Post
    I dont get a chance to check PG regularly but u can email me anytime will be happy to help.
    Last edited by MK47; 13-01-2020 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MK47 View Post
    I dont get a chance to check PG regularly but u can email me anytime will be happy to help.

please do contact me I dont have your email address