Thread: 5.56/.223 and 9mm ammo price and availability in Lahore

5.56/.223 and 9mm ammo price and availability in Lahore

Hi guys, I tired of the over charging done in Lahore for 9mm and now even .223 ammo. Does anyone know where I can find reasonably priced 62gr green tip NATO 5.56 ammo for around Rs.65 and what the going rates are for POF 9mm (which I think is the most affordable quality range ammo these days). Thank you!

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glockdoc View Post
    Hi guys, I tired of the over charging done in Lahore for 9mm and now even .223 ammo. Does anyone know where I can find reasonably priced 62gr green tip NATO 5.56 ammo for around Rs.65 and what the going rates are for POF 9mm (which I think is the most affordable quality range ammo these days). Thank you!
    Dunno about Lahore, but in Karachi green tip is retailing for 125 a pop. (And that was last month). POF increased their rates from 65 a pop to 75 a pop and the market price is around 115 a pop in Karachi.

Even local gen 1 zol ammo is 80 a pop in Karachi.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Are pof 11Z and 2Z same ammo?

Is it safe to shoot pof.gfl through hp77b?

Quote Originally Posted by KHADIMKHAN View Post
    Are pof 11Z and 2Z same ammo?
    No. 1z is for pistols while 2z is a +P high pressure round meant to cycle in the MP5 on full auto mode. While the HP77B is a very solidly built pistol. I would still not advise you to make SMG rounds its regular diet.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Thank you ed but my question is in the market pof available ammo marking is '11Z' not '1Z' .are these same pistol ammo?

Thank you ed but my question is in the market pof available ammo marking is '11Z' not '1Z' .are these same pistol ammo?
    https://pof.gov.pk/productDetail/9

The chap at the outlet told me that they are 1z only. But I will still confirm when I go there again.

POF makes PIIZ ammo for pistols and P2Z ammo for MP5. However, these days only PIIZ ammo can be seen in the market and in their outlets.

Why do they tag it PIIZ and call it 1Z? no one knows.
    It creates a lot of confusion as PIIZ can also be interpreted as P2Z, which is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by adilsyyed View Post
    POF makes PIIZ ammo for pistols and P2Z ammo for MP5. However, these days only PIIZ ammo can be seen in the market and in their outlets.

Why do they tag it PIIZ and call it 1Z? no one knows.
    It creates a lot of confusion as PIIZ can also be interpreted as P2Z, which is not the case.
    Yes. I have been trying to figure that out myself. Initially, i had also thought that PIIZ was actually 2Z as well