Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FAQs (Frequently asked questions) regarding different firearms licenses in Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by TsAr View Post
    Is it as easy as it seems? NADRA is also issuing cards for old punjab licenses, so would the process remain same for them as well?
    Its costlier and requires more effort than a book licence
    Before you embark on a journey of Revenge, dig two graves - Confucius (504 BC)
    102nd Chairborne Rangers, Special Forums Operator Delta, The Keyboard Commandos

Quote Originally Posted by Fraz View Post
    With every MOI card licence, NADRA issues a supplementary demand note. Sell your existing weapon, have the new one endorsed on it, after getting it registered in DCO office submit to NADRA. They will charge a fee and issue new card.
    Bro what about the permission from MOI to change the weapon.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by extracrunchy View Post
    Can I get any type of license? My permanent address is Punjab. Present address is in Islamabad.
    Are Punjab Licenses are being issued now a days? I mean is there any ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Kamran80 View Post
    Are Punjab Licenses are being issued now a days? I mean is there any ban?
    There is a ban in punjab.

Quote Originally Posted by FA226 View Post
    Bro what about the permission from MOI to change the weapon.
    Not required if you already have a supplementary demand note. Earlier when the card licence was initiated there was no process to change weapon number. Then later they devised a procedure where in application had to be given to MOI for change, subsequently they would direct NADRA to issue new demand note. However, now a supplementary demand note is issued with every MOI Card licence.

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TsAr View Post
    This means that if you need to buy a new weapon then its best to get a new license...
    In short. Yes.. I do have a demand note, but the dealers tell me to go to MOI Islamabad to get any new weapon endorsed and a new card issued.

I live in Karachi. Its not worth the hassle to go to Iisalamabd and try to convince the SO arms I need a fresh weapon.

And heaven help you if you need the bore changed. the dealers said they 'might' be able to get me another card, provided its the same . 32 SnW long revolver, I currently have. Even that after a very hefty chai pani.
    No help at all for bore change though.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fraz View Post
    Not required if you already have a supplementary demand note. Earlier when the card licence was initiated there was no process to change weapon number. Then later they devised a procedure where in application had to be given to MOI for change, subsequently they would direct NADRA to issue new demand note. However, now a supplementary demand note is issued with every MOI Card licence.
    I have that paper that says Arms licence supplementary document on top and its has 3 boxes with endorsement written on it on back.
    So do I need a sale order permission for DC on one of these boxes or what.

Quote Originally Posted by FA226 View Post
    I have that paper that says Arms licence supplementary document on top and its has 3 boxes with endorsement written on it on back.
    So do I need a sale order permission for DC on one of these boxes or what.
    I don't have mine with me at the moment for reference. If you could share yours (covering the important details)