Thread: Lucky Star Arms Market Survey # XVIII

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar

Lucky Star Arms Market Survey # XVIII

After a long time I decided to conduct another survey of the Lucky Star Arms market Saddar along with a couple of fellow PG stalwarts.

Saddlers

First port of call was Saddlers who does accessories only. He told me that the state bank had taken away all of their credit/debit card machines and now they were allowed only cash/cheque transactions only. He has an interesting array of cleaning goods, holsters, bags, boxes and the like. After purchasing a firearm, we usually head to his (Hussain’s) outlet for outfitting the weapon with the right accessories and cleaning and oiling stuff. I purchased a shotgun bandolier, belt and a cleaning brush from him. 700, 250, and 100 respectively.

HM Traders

Abbas told me that China 311 9mm ammo is 175 a pop. POF is 125 a pop. Local .223 rifles in both AK shape and hybrid ak/ar Frankenstein shape are available. The AK shape ones were 55k and the ak-shape-trying-in-vein-to-disguise-itself-as-an-ar” was 80k. Full wood stock ak in . 223 was 75k and he claimed that it will shoot straight.
    Saw a Spanish llama .22 and a Taurus .32 snw long. Bht revolvers were in reasonable shape.
    Klinic 2000 NIB was (165k asking)

Javed Armory

We saw a .22lr made in W. Germany rifle by the name of Torro. It was a dead ringer for the German Erma. It was a semi auto rifle with adjustable sights and provision for scope. 85% condition. Asking was 85k. He is the only dealer I know in the market that has POF .30 bore ammo. Asking was 120 a pop. China .30 ammo was 140 a pop (if my memory serves me right)
    Huffaz traders

We saw a cz brno 1 .22lr bolt action made in Czechoslovakia (thank heavens for auto correct whose geography is way better than mine) It looked so clean, I thought it was nib. Asking was 110k. the brno model mark 2 e with adjustable sights was 125k. It was in even better condition. Also saw a .30-06 of American vintage for around 100k. He told us that all hunting ammo 7 x57, 3006 and the like was north of 500 a pop. And .222 Remington was 250 a pop. The .223 was also in the same range. Hyper Vilocity hollow point Winchester ammo was 100 a pop.

Badr And Brothers

Afterwards, we went to Badr and brothers factory outlet in Karachi. (Adnan Peshawar wala )
    He offered us their BnB export model TT 33 for 16k (asking price)

He had a NIB ToZ made in Mother Russia for 80k . .Its a bolt action .22lr. Compared to the local “product of an illegitimate affair between the AK and AR” hybrid .223 at 80k. A brand (spanking) new Russian rifle seemed like a better buy.
    He showed us a 90% condition Winchester Defender 1300 in wood finish. Asking was 125k
    Adler Italian .22lr semi auto in AK shape 75k (Incidentally I own a similar weapon and it’s a very god gun). App full wood stock weapons seem to be very expensive.
    Armscor.22lr in AK shape 45k

He also had an Arminius Duel caliber weapon with separate cylinders. Box pack with original manual and retailer stickers. .22 lr and .22 magnum. Made in Germany asking was 75k
    The same weapon in only .22lr was for 55k asking
    He had local Nornico .30 ammo that he swore by. He said that we can bring back any round that does not work , he will swap em for fresh rounds. Asking was 35 a pop. We took a few for testing purposes.

He has rubber SG (double naught buck shot). Non lethal ammo for shotguns. I bought a couple of boxes for testing purposes for next time at the range. I will review them for reliability.
    Name:  adler 1.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  37.3 KBName:  toz 2.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  28.6 KBName:  toz 1.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  53.8 KBName:  arm 5.jpg
Size:  36.8 KBName:  arm4.jpg
Size:  24.8 KBName:  arm 3.jpg
Size:  36.2 KBName:  arm 2.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  35.2 KBName:  arm 1.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  30.1 KBName:  adler 2.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  39.8 KBName:  toz 3.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  37.9 KB

(Note: I am looking for a volunteer Guinea pig who will be willing to let me test the non lethels on him.. for science. I asked fellow member Racer. But his scientific and intellectual curiosity was not up to the task and he politely refused ☹ )

Bullsye

I saw they were open, but I was tired and went home.

P.S pictures are not exactly my forte. the AK type thingy is the Adler, the Bolt action is the Toz and the duel calibre wheelie is the well. Duel calibre wheelie
    Last edited by Enigmatic Desires; 05-08-2019 at 04:53 PM.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

The local thingy at HM traders for 80k
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

The Winchester defender 1300 and the NIB Toz
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Update

I checked the market for 9mm ammo. Chinese rounds are not available at most outlets and evne if they are they cost around 175 a pop. I found SNb hollow Points at 275 a pop and armscor HPs for 225 a pop.

CZ 75 is 350k (asking)

Dear E.D Brother!

I am searching AMMO for my old 7MM. REM MAG. Which are not available from K.P border to Lahore, I had purchased only 5 S&B's (SPCE) @ 600/- a few months ago, but they are gone beyond 1000 Mark now.... some old German was avialabe with one dearler but the quoted price was Rs.1400/p.p.... Could you find some of them in Karachi Market?

Quote Originally Posted by Khalil View Post
    Dear E.D Brother!

I am searching AMMO for my old 7MM. REM MAG. Which are not available from K.P border to Lahore, I had purchased only 5 S&B's (SPCE) @ 600/- a few months ago, but they are gone beyond 1000 Mark now.... some old German was avialabe with one dearler but the quoted price was Rs.1400/p.p.... Could you find some of them in Karachi Market?
    7 mm ram mag is properly one of the most powerful calibres around. I have seen 7x57 here (SnB ) 650 a pop No idea about Ramigton Mag. I wil see if I can find any.

Tahir Bhai (ED), I myself after having your review have bought a box of Badar and Brother's Local 9mm ammo box for a rate of 35/pop. Didn't check a single cartridge but build quality was way better than Prime Cartridges.

Quote Originally Posted by a.basit94 View Post
    Tahir Bhai (ED), I myself after having your review have bought a box of Badar and Brother's Local 9mm ammo box for a rate of 35/pop. Didn't check a single cartridge but build quality was way better than Prime Cartridges.
    Adnand Peshwarwala, the proprietor says that he will replace all dud rounds with fresh ones.

ED- Bhai its been weeks now you didn't update this page!

Quote Originally Posted by a.basit94 View Post
    ED- Bhai its been weeks now you didn't update this page!
    Cause its depressing... I was offered a .25 acp yesterday. Some french thingy the size of my pinkie finger. No grips not even a trigger. Just an iffin frame of a brand no one had heard about.. .. for a calibre that is long dead.. the price was .. 45k dead last!