Thread: Need Help...NP 42 Slide struct after reassembly....

Need Help...NP 42 Slide struct after reassembly....

SALAM brothers....I have got a nib np 42 pistol.i have disassemble it to get it clean before use . I also taken out the trigger assembly part from the polymer frame. Now when i reassemble the gun slide got struct. Kindly help me to solve the issue. thanks ......

Do not worry, this is a notorious issue when reassembling CF98/NP42. Look up on YouTube. Take a blunt wooden rod (pencil etc) and while pressing the firing pin block, via the mag-well, push the slide back.

Pics?..........

Quote Originally Posted by Imtiaz Shah View Post
    Do not worry, this is a notorious issue when reassembling CF98/NP42. Look up on YouTube. Take a blunt wooden rod (pencil etc) and while pressing the firing pin block, via the mag-well, push the slide back.
    Imtiaz Shah brother actually the slide is jam after reassembly. means i cannot able to rack the slide after reassembly to check whether pistol is working fine or not after reassembly....Here are the pics after reassembly. slide is jam at its position now. tried to solve it,via mag well, as directed but didn't able to solve the issue.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by shah_shah; 21-07-2019 at 02:30 PM.

Do not force the pistol any more. Take to your local gunsmith/gun shop.

Do not force the pistol any more. Take to your local gunsmith/gun shop.
    ok brother... tnx... one more piece of advice is needed.. should i disassemble the gun now to prevent any damaged or it should be remained assembled until i get it to gunsmith.

Take to shop as is, and get it worked on while you watch. So next time no such problem occurs. Good luck.

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Sir, from the pics it is obvious tha tthe weapon is out of battery. It has not been reassmebed properly. THe slide is sittign instead of being afixed to the frame. It wil not budge. It used to happen to me a lot with my NP 42. It takes time and pateince to reassemble this gun.

Now, I only open it when I know that I have a couple of hours free.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    Sir, from the pics it is obvious tha tthe weapon is out of battery. It has not been reassmebed properly. THe slide is sittign instead of being afixed to the frame. It wil not budge. It used to happen to me a lot with my NP 42. It takes time and pateince to reassemble this gun.

Never happened to me
    Before you embark on a journey of Revenge, dig two graves - Confucius (504 BC)
    102nd Chairborne Rangers, Special Forums Operator Delta, The Keyboard Commandos

Take to shop as is, and get it worked on while you watch. So next time no such problem occurs. Good luck.
    thanks imtiaz shah brother...one more question bro hammer should be in down position when disassembling np 42 or it should be in cocked position take out mag and then start disassembleing it, means what is the accepted way for np42???? i just rack the slide decoked it and then striped it .

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post

Ed bro here is a internal pic of my np 42. i was searching through the threads and i found same issue with a fellow member np 42. he posted his np 42 pics . it matches with my np 42. check the white circle near the hammer. i think this part doesn't allow slide to move backward.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Leave your NP42 as is and take it to gunshop/gunsmith.

Alhamdulillah......issue resolved... thanks to brothers for helping.....