Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Please advise on Hand gun

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    200k is more than adequate for your budget. All Chinese, Turks and Brazilians are in your budget. We gave you our recommendations based on our experience. The only subcompact I know beyond this price range and below the 450k+ category is the CZ Rami. And it does not work well with its own 14 rounder mags. So i did not recommend it.

The Canik Shark fc compact is also well under 200k. Then there is the Croatian HS 2000 (aka DX (extreme duty ) compact version. (Albeit not my first preference)

Popularity is based on a lot of things. I once had a very very pretty .32 SnW long revolver.. All steel and ivory.. Anyone who saw it well in love wiht it.

Then Glocks are worth 600k cause they are well... Glocks. the fact that they are worth the same as most other handguns all over the world is irreverent and they remain wildly popular here cause its a glaaack. For me a gun has to be functional, accurate and reliable out of the box. The Chinese and the Turks are all of the above.

#question two .. No
    By the way how much is the hs2000 and any reason why would you not prefer it.

When you go, remember that preices are negotiable and many dealers try to pass of used pieces as brand new.
    Agreed with ED Bhai. Negotiate to make them come down as much as possible.
    "morior invictus" (Death before defeat )

Quote Originally Posted by malik94 View Post
    My only gripe with the tok is that it can't be safely carried with a round in the chamber.
    Going against conventional wisdom and at risk of starting a heated debate, I believe that the Tokarev can indeed be carried with loaded chamber ! Hammer must be carefully lowered to full down position (not half cock). Now the hammer cannot move any further, nor can the firing pin (because it is spring loaded, not free-floating). If the pistol falls onto the hammer, it can break but not move forward. If the pistol falls onto the muzzle, the firing pin cannot hit the primer by inertia, due to the firing pin return spring.

When you go, remember that preices are negotiable and many dealers try to pass of used pieces as brand new.
    That is true, I mean why would shopping a gun be different from shopping for anything else in Pakistan.
    My challenge would be to differentiate USED from NIB. Also I am not sure if locally made copy can be sold as original.
    “I carry a Gun because COP is too heavy”

Quote Originally Posted by Imtiaz Shah View Post
    Going against conventional wisdom and at risk of starting a heated debate, I believe that the Tokarev can indeed be carried with loaded chamber ! Hammer must be carefully lowered to full down position (not half cock). Now the hammer cannot move any further, nor can the firing pin (because it is spring loaded, not free-floating). If the pistol falls onto the hammer, it can break but not move forward. If the pistol falls onto the muzzle, the firing pin cannot hit the primer by inertia, due to the firing pin return spring.
    I agree with you and I have also never carried a tok. I got my first tok just a few months ago. Although it's somewhat a remote possibility but if god forbid one's hand ever slips while manually decocking the hammer, a round could go off. Furthermore, the hammer will still need to be cocked for making the pistol able to fire. But that is still easier, than having to rack the slide.
    Last edited by malik94; 22-06-2019 at 02:52 AM.

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FA226 View Post
    By the way how much is the hs2000 and any reason why would you not prefer it.
    It was around 250k or so, last I checked. Around dec. And i dont like the HS for the same reason I dont like the glock. Lcck of manual safety and decocker and the fact that I want to see a nice big hammer smacking the living daylights out of every primer it encounters.

Put simply, I prefer hammers over strikers any day of the week. I once saw an NIB Salsilmarz ST 9 at the range. This young couple had bought it for 125k and it had weak strike issues. Their first gun.

They were almost in tears wth the lady going "Please fire naa. please" at the gun. Again and again. Deathrow gave em his Salzilmarz Klinic 200 and the hammer went at those Chinese 311 round primers like a duck to water.

At to that the fact that most striker fired weapons dont have double strike capability. If the round does not fire, you have to manually rack the slide and insert a fresh round. In case of a pistol. with a hammer. You simply cock it by hand (for a single action ) or just press the trigger (in case of a double action).
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Imtiaz Shah View Post
    I tried. I chickened out. .
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

It was around 250k or so, last I checked. Around dec. And i dont like the HS for the same reason I dont like the glock. Lcck of manual safety and decocker and the fact that I want to see a nice big hammer smacking the living daylights out of every primer it encounters.

Put simply, I prefer hammers over strikers any day of the week. I once saw an NIB Salsilmarz ST 9 at the range. This young couple had bought it for 125k and it had weak strike issues. Their first gun.

They were almost in tears wth the lady going "Please fire naa. please" at the gun. Again and again. Deathrow gave em his Salzilmarz Klinic 200 and the hammer went at those Chinese 311 round primers like a duck to water.

At to that the fact that most striker fired weapons dont have double strike capability. If the round does not fire, you have to manually rack the slide and insert a fresh round. In case of a pistol. with a hammer. You simply cock it by hand (for a single action ) or just press the trigger (in case of a double action).
    That's why all my 9mm pistols are SA/DA now a day's some times I carry my cz75b and some times 92fs.

That's why all my 9mm pistols are SA/DA now a day's some times I carry my cz75b and some times 92fs.
    .. A man after my own heart! Many of my fellow shooters think of me a quaint and old fashioned cause I am not willing to jump onto the striker bandwagon.

.. A man after my own heart! Many of my fellow shooters think of me a quaint and old fashioned cause I am not willing to jump onto the striker bandwagon.
    Yes i am kind of old school as well.

I tried. I chickened out. .
    Same here. A lot of people still do it, and especially used to do it when single actions were the norm. But I'm a novice and don't want to have an accidental discharge.

That is up to one's personal preference. The ST9 has some manufacturing faults and was not well executed from the factory. Glocks and even it's other turkish counterpart such as the TP9, don't have such problems and are very reliable.

But I too personally like the wonder nines over these polymer offerings.

I would like all DA/SA pistols to come with a decocker rather than a manual safety.

That is up to one's personal preference. The ST9 has some manufacturing faults and was not well executed from the factory. Glocks and even it's other turkish counterpart such as the TP9, don't have such problems and are very reliable.

But I too personally like the wonder nines over these polymer offerings.
    Actually, I know of a TP 9 purchased by a fellow member that started giving light strike issues. this happened after he had run a few thousand rounds through it. the striker spring had become weak. He disposed off the weapon and got himself a CZ 75

Actually, I know of a TP 9 purchased by a fellow member that started giving light strike issues. this happened after he had run a few thousand rounds through it. the striker spring had become weak. He disposed off the weapon and got himself a CZ 75
    Similar problems can also occur in hammer fired pistols, such as weak primer strikes and even firing pin breakage after a few thousand rounds. Well the CZ is in a class of its own.

I would like all DA/SA pistols to come with a decocker rather than a manual safety.
    I like it that way as well thats why i love my sig p226.

I like it that way as well thats why i love my sig p226.
    And I currently carry it's clone, the NP-34

And I currently carry it's clone, the NP-34
    Its a nice weapon.

Its a nice weapon.
    Thank you.

Thank you.
    You are welcome bro.