Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Please advise on Hand gun

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    When you go, remember that preices are negotiable and many dealers try to pass of used pieces as brand new.
    Made a trip to Luck Star today. Stoeger Cougar is available from 170K (slightly used) to 185K (NIB). The condition was told by the dealer as I couldn't tell. Especially because all of them told me not to rack the slide. They claimed that it scratches the gun ?

Also, imports are banned since 2013, finding NIB is somewhat suspicious, isn't it?
    Any idea, recommendation, suggestion or advise?
    Last edited by Saif; 10-07-2019 at 08:42 PM.
    “I carry a Gun because COP is too heavy”

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saif View Post
    Made a trip to Luck Star today. Stoeger Cougar is available from 170K (slightly used) to 185K (NIB). The condition was told by the dealer as I couldn't tell. Especially because all of them told me not to rack the slide. They claimed that it scratches the gun ?

Also, imports are banned since 2013, finding NIB is somewhat suspicious, isn't it?
    Any idea, recommendation, suggestion or advise?
    A question rather..
    Why the stoeger only?
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

A question rather..
    Why the stoeger only?
    compact, reputation of reliability and it looks good as well

compact, reputation of reliability and it looks good as well
    Most hammer fired turks are highly reliable (barring the ST9 that is striker fired)

The stoeger I used to like a lot and had goten a lot of frends that one. But the more I shot it the less I liked it. Its barrel is short. So you get the accuracy of a compact. But its grip is very thick and large. So you get the print of a full sized weapon. Basically the worst of both worlds. In human parlence, think of it as a 4.8 female with stats of 22 22 48. And a nasty temper

The controls are an ergonomic nightmare. And it cannot be carried condition one. No loaded chamber indicator. And the recoil is harsh. Looks are of course, subjective. And I used to think it was the best one around. Before I was introduced to other nice ones.

NIB weapons are available. ( I dunno how) but they are around. the Salcizmarz klinic 2000 mega and light are both very good guns. At the range I can do things with em I cant even dream of with my NP 42. the Canik L 120 is also a good gun. Girsan's betty clones do well in the reliability and accuracy department. The canik shark is a very good looking and reliable gun. there was a model wiht a gigantic loaded chamber indicator. I think it was a shark. These are all turks under 200k. And they are still somewhat cheaper than the steoger.
    If you can extend your budget a bit than the Taurus PT 92 (only! not other models!) is one of the best guns money can buy. ANd contrary to what people think it can be concealed carried. ( I know cause I used to do it) and it looks awesome. In fact, It was my very first 9mm ever. And unlike the stoeger it can be carried condition one (cocked and locked) It has a loaded chamber indicator and a decocker and a rail and a manual safety.

P.S there are plenty of stoeger clones and they look as good as the real thing. Fellow member Sulzar got one, unfortunately. And she lasted all of 5 shots at the range. It was damn damn good. We took it apart and juxtaposed it to the real thing and even then it was difficult to figure out.

It was sold by "decent Arms"at lucky star. The man closed down the shop shortly afterwords.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

@Enigmatic desires

your experience with Stoeger is making me re-think. Thank you.

Sarsilmaz Kilinc 2000 looks impressive for obvious reason.

PT92 may be an option depending what the current price is.

@Enigmatic desires

your experience with Stoeger is making me re-think. Thank you.

Sarsilmaz Kilinc 2000 looks impressive for obvious reason.

PT92 may be an option depending what the current price is.
    Most of us start off with the NP 42 as the entry level weapon. And later on switch to the bigger and heavier NATO spec Salsilmarz Klinic 2000. the reason why i dont recommend this as an entry level weapon is due to its lack of a decocker.

Most of us start off with the NP 42 as the entry level weapon. And later on switch to the bigger and heavier NATO spec Salsilmarz Klinic 2000. the reason why i dont recommend this as an entry level weapon is due to its lack of a decocker.
    Someone mentioned that it is not easy to change weapon on a MOI license. In addition, I have owned and used 1911.

Someone mentioned that it is not easy to change weapon on a MOI license. In addition, I have owned and used 1911.
    Not easy is a mild understatement. More like Mission Impossible. The reason why I got a revolver on my MOI is cause they rarely if ever malfunction. ..So I wont need to change it.. like ever..

KILINÇ 2000 MEGA for 1.9 Lac in Saddar. worth it?

Damn! thats espensive bro.. Like really expensive!

Enthusiast
    Yes. I did. Now I case the market for the best possible price options instead of relying on one or two dealers alone. With prices sky rocking on a weekly basis I have little choice.

However, I wold not advise POf's fiocchi shiny golden ammo for CF mini. Its a plus P round meant for the army's MP 5 in rock and roll mode. I have seen it mess up at least two NP 42 mini pistols at the range. However, it eats regular POF with aplomb.
    IMHO, POF's green primer rounds are not not +P they are normal 124 grains round. If it is having mess with NP42, then may be 124 grains bullet is not suitable for same.

IMHO ... Go & get that before someone get it first.
    I bet it will be 2lac+ by the year 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by nauman_12345 View Post
    IMHO, POF's green primer rounds are not not +P they are normal 124 grains round. If it is having mess with NP42, then may be 124 grains bullet is not suitable for same.
    Actually they are another version of the 2Z ammo that is meant exclusively for full auto MP5 weapons. The recoil is much much stiffer that its 1z counterparts.

Tell the dealer to come down a bit, and go for it. I was also really surprised when the most reasonable dealer in Rawalpindi was asking 175k for a Canik L120 recently. Prices are increasing daily, the same dealer was asking 125k for a Canik shark C, only 3-4 months ago.

And as much as I have heard, the Karachi market is more expensive. Also, the Klinic mega is a better pistol than the Canik L120.
    Last edited by malik94; 18-07-2019 at 12:56 AM.
    "morior invictus" (Death before defeat )

Let me see if I can find anything in hte 150K range. I had last helped a freind purchase one late last year for 125k

Let me see if I can find anything in hte 150K range. I had last helped a freind purchase one late last year for 125k
    Just saying thank you will never repay your kindness

Just saying thank you will never repay your kindness
    Awwww.. If I was not so sunburnt I might have blushed....

Let me recount a story..

Once upon a time in 2017, I went to the range with the good Deathrow. A man had purchased an ST 9 Brand new and had came to the range to try it out.

He had plenty of imported ammo. And as his wife looked on he loaded the mag, inserted it in the weapon racked the slide and took aim.
    Click. Failure to fire. He did it again with a fresh round. Bang. He treid again click. and then click click and click. The striker pin was weak. FTF (failure to fire).

125k down the drain. Deathrow graciously offered him his Salsilmarz Kilinc 2000 and the hammer kicked the living hell out of all the primers.

The weapon was purchased from Saddar Armoury main lucky Star. (Shafi Bhai) in brand new condition.

Incidentally, this was a post recall peice. As in POF had advertised in Dawn, Jhang and other papers that they were recalling ST 9 pistols because of weak striker issues.

The new free of cost replacements were little better.

The highlight of the day. The man's wife almost in tears (125k is a hell of a lot of money) pleading with the gun "Challo naa please.. thori toe challo"

(please fire.. please fire just a little bit)

Lesson learned, i.e., If you buy ST 9, don't take your wife along for the shooting practice...

Just kidding, Thanks ED.