Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Local .30 Rounds

Quote Originally Posted by malik94 View Post
    I think if someone uses a choronograph to measure thier velocity, that might give us a fair enough idea.

The best way to find out would be if someone measures the chamber pressure of the gun, while firing these rounds. I'm not that technical but an engineer or someone who is good a physics and maths might be able to do it.
    Kamranwali has explain it well,the locals don't maintain the quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamranwali View Post
    Too much trouble for local ammo bro....

How would u ensure that the rounds u tested will.give u same result as following batches. The issue with local ammo is, their quality starts degrading once their demand increases. there is no way for ensuring consistency of gunpowder purchased by these manufacturers.
    Also, Measuring chamber pressure is a very very complex task bro. Even manufacturers dont have the equipment to do it, else we would be buying very consistent ammo

Regards
    Yes I am also of the same view as I have expressed similar perceptions in a previous post. Since I really liked Yadgar ammo and was endorsing it, but I was a bit apprehensive because it's true that once these brands of local ammunition start becoming popular thier makers reduce the quality. Zol ammo is an example of this.

Concerning the velocity, I have seen that some people do own chronographs in Pakistan, especially many airgun enthusiasts. And regarding the chamber pressure, I have posted a link below, where this guy made a system for measuring chamber pressure for under a 100 dollars. But niether are most of us that technical and you are right that it's too much trouble for testing local ammo.

http://www.ktgunsmith.com/straingauge.htm
    Last edited by malik94; 02-07-2019 at 05:13 PM.
    "morior invictus" (Death before defeat )

Bhai, I have a chrony....that's not the issue....but we just cant keep chronying every box....its just not.worth it. Also, the thing with local ammo is, even if u practice with it, its doesnt do u any good, bcoz as soon as u shift to proper ammo, your point of impact changes. Besides, it doesnt do ure gun any good either, more wear and tear.

Regards.
    Guns will make us powerful; butter will only make us fat. Hermann Wilhelm Goering.

Bhai, I have a chrony....that's not the issue....but we just cant keep chronying every box....its just not.worth it. Also, the thing with local ammo is, even if u practice with it, its doesnt do u any good, bcoz as soon as u shift to proper ammo, your point of impact changes. Besides, it doesnt do ure gun any good either, more wear and tear.

Regards.
    You are right bro. But imported ammo is no longer feasible for range use. Also the price of POF ammo has increased again.

I especially went to WIL in Wah Cantt yesterday in the hope of getting 9mm ammo at 58/pop but they have temporarily ceased sales starting yesterday untill the new rates are confirmed.
    Last edited by malik94; 02-07-2019 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by malik94 View Post
    You are right bro. But imported ammo is no longer feasible for range use. Also the price of POF ammo has increased again, and they will release the new official rates in a few days.
    Bhai, whats the use if you're not practicing with ypur carry ammo or the ammo u use for SD. Its not about being feasible. You are just wearing out your gun and practicing something that simply wont help in a real situation.
    Just my humble opinion. Baaki, its a free country

Regards
    Guns will make us powerful; butter will only make us fat. Hermann Wilhelm Goering.

Bhai, whats the use if you're not practicing with ypur carry ammo or the ammo u use for SD. Its not about being feasible. You are just wearing out your gun and practicing something that simply wont help in a real situation.

Regards
    I only keep imported ammo in my defensive weapons. You are right but It's been years since I have practiced with it extensively. Just because of the cost, which is all a result of this wretched import ban. And I have only used local ammo for the first time when I bought my local made B&B TT a few months ago. Otherwise I use POF ammo for range fodder in my 'welayti' pistols.

Many others are in the same boat as me, who wish to find cheaper alternatives. I don't know the exact rate these days, but let's just assume that S&B JHPs cost 300/pop these days and are someone's carry ammo. And if that person practices with even one box twice a month. That's 30000 rupees !
    Last edited by malik94; 02-07-2019 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FA226 View Post
    I agree body needs this weather as well just keep you self hydrated use lot water some times add lemon juice in it.
    Thanks bro, I've been trying.

Just got back after another busy, hectic but yet interesting day at Peshawar/ Kohat Road Industrial estate. Got a few pending jobs done. Visited a few places including Moon Star Arms, New Classic Arms (or Haji Insaf Shah same branch), DSA and Badar & Brothers. Every factory we visited, were all really nice and humble people, gave us a lot of time and attention despite being really busy. I knew some of them before but the two I visited for the first time and was quite impressed with their very warm welcome were DSA (as I had previously heard mixed stories/ feedback about their attitude) but based on my own experience today they were sound.. The best service was by B&B who really went an extra mile for me today. I picked up 2 x .30 Export model B&B pistols, one for me to use with all the local ammo that I recently got for a bit of range testing from Darra (following Malik94's example), second one a gift for a family member. Picked up a small box of B&B's own brand of TT ammo as well, which B&B uses for their own pistols testing at their factory too.
    Last edited by MK47; 03-07-2019 at 09:12 AM.

Regards
    My dear brother any local ammo I buy now is purely for range fun. That's one reason I bought a B&B TT today. I do have and carry imported ammo/weapons for SD/ HD
    Last edited by MK47; 03-07-2019 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    OK. Have to get a box and run a few tests on it. Lets see if I can source any in Karachi.
    You guys are brave enough to risk testing local ammo
    I won't touch em ever
    My life my rules...
    Afzaal.pg @ gmail

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Afzaal View Post
    You guys are brave enough to risk testing local ammo
    I won't touch em ever
    I do it all the time
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by MK47 View Post
    Just got back after another busy, hectic but yet interesting day at Peshawar/ Kohat Road Industrial estate. Got a few pending jobs done. Visited a few places including Moon Star Arms, New Classic Arms (or Haji Insaf Shah same branch), DSA and Badar & Brothers. Every factory we visited, were all really nice and humble people, gave us a lot of time and attention despite being really busy. I knew some of them before but the two I visited for the first time and was quite impressed with their very warm welcome were DSA (as I had previously heard mixed stories/ feedback about their attitude) but based on my own experience today they were sound.. The best service was by B&B who really went an extra mile for me today. I picked up 2 x .30 Export model B&B pistols, one for me to use with all the local ammo that I recently got for a bit of range testing from Darra (following Malik94's example), second one a gift for a family member. Picked up a small box of B&B's own brand of TT ammo as well, which B&B uses for their own pistols testing at their factory too.
    That's great bro the people at B&B are very nice. Especially thier manager Tariq Khan, who I had at one time corresponded with a lot on the phone. The owner is also very friendly, who I have had the pleasure of meeting once, at Mustafa Bhai's shop in Pindi. Also, the B&B TT is a very good quality pistol compared to other local guns. BTW do let us know how the B&B ammo performs.
    Last edited by malik94; 04-07-2019 at 01:29 AM.

What about other guns bretta zigana by BnB? What about gun quality of other factories visited..?

Enthusiast
    Attachment 38288
    Attachment 38289
    Attachment 38290
    Attachment 38291
    Attachment 38292
    A few clicks of the local .30 ammo bought. Yadgar looks very decent out of all. When I look at the quality of Yadgar I think I made a mistake buying Mujahid and Fighter, the only reason I bought it was only because the Moon Star Arms lads recommended it. Yadgar resembles with Foreign S&B/ Prvi Partzn etc. .30
    Bro any difference in grains or recoil of these local made bullets from foreign brands
    Command lies with none but Allah.

Quote Originally Posted by kohshikan5 View Post
    Bro any difference in grains or recoil of these local made bullets from foreign brands
    Don't know about grains but the bullet of the Yadgaar cartridges is shorter but wider. I have shot both this and chinese ammunition during the same session. Recoil felt less but it was a bit more smokier. But that is obvious since the gun powder in desi ammunition is usually of inferior quality compared to thier imported counterparts.
    Last edited by malik94; 04-07-2019 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kohshikan5 View Post
    I havn't had time to test fire any yet due to my hectic schedule but I've tried local ammo before, theres always an obvious difference in the bhang or sound for deffinite, recoilwise as we all have a habit of holding the gun grip tight hence don't feel much difference. I doo regret buying the fighter and Mujahid brand of .30 in Darra the other day. I havn't used em yet but they don't look that good at all. Yadgar look visibily much better. Instead of Mujahid n Fighter I should have bought Zol .30 ammo.
    Last edited by MK47; 05-07-2019 at 01:22 AM.

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    I went to the market yesterday. I tried to find Yaadgaar. But alas, it is not available in Karachi. I heard that a few boxes of old POF .30 ammo were available. But when I went there, I found out that it was not the case. No Zol .30 available either.

Just local stuff of unknown vintage and brand.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    I went to the market yesterday. I tried to find Yaadgaar. But alas, it is not available in Karachi. I heard that a few boxes of old POF .30 ammo were available. But when I went there, I found out that it was not the case. No Zol .30 available either.

Just local stuff of unknown vintage and brand.
    Well that is very unfortunate.

I havn't had time to test fire any yet due to my hectic schedule but I've tried local ammo before, theres always an obvious difference in the bhang or sound for deffinite, recoilwise as we all have a habit of holding the gun grip tight hence don't feel much difference. I doo regret buying the fighter and Mujahid brand of .30 in Darra the other day. I havn't used em yet but they don't look that good at all. Yadgar look visibily much better. Instead of Mujahid n Fighter I should have bought Zol .30 ammo.
    Bro if you have the Yadgaar people's number, kindly ask them if they can possibly deliver to Karachi? Tell them that there's a big market there. So that the members there such as ED Bhai can also get a hold of it.

Enthusiast
    One canít rely on local brands for SD or HD Tgt shooting is another matter but own safety is first priority.
    Command lies with none but Allah.