Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 30 bore TT

Quote Originally Posted by FA226 View Post
    I have a orignal 92fs but still want to make a local good quailty clone so i can use the orignal barrel in it that i already own and will use orignal mags as well and then will sell my orignal 92fs to buy some thing else.
    Local good quality clones are an oxymoron. But I have found Berettas made by Zafar & sons to be a lot better, compared to the rest. Well even Desi handguns are accurate enough, if the barrel is straight, with proper rifling and if the sights are not crooked.

But I should let you know, I have seen Desi Bettys that discharge if they are de-cocked, using the decocker.

I would suggest you to get a Taurus PT-92, I like it's ergonomics over the 92fs and it's an awesome gun.
    Last edited by malik94; 09-06-2019 at 05:17 AM.
    "morior invictus" (Death before defeat )

"I even had one from Darra, but it was a bit scary so I never shot it."

No, when I say "scary", I mean it looked like it was made with an axe and hard rocks for tools. It would hardly chamber a round, and I had no faith at all in the metallurgy. I have fired dangerous or painful guns before, but this one was too much of a risk.

In a previous life I did a lot of interesting travel and discovered that I could get into trouble in English, French, Spanish, Hebrew, Russian, German, Italian, and Arabic. Getting out of trouble required much more concentration and skill!

Quote Originally Posted by malik94 View Post
    Local good quality clones are an oxymoron. But I have found Berettas made by Zafar & sons to be a lot better, compared to the rest. Well even Desi handguns are accurate enough, if the barrel is straight, with proper rifling and if the sights are not crooked.

But I should let you know, I have seen Desi Bettys that discharge if they are de-cocked, using the decocker.

I would suggest you to get a Taurus PT-92, I like it's ergonomics over the 92fs and it's an awesome gun.
    Yes pt 92 is good gun i had it sold it 3 years ago i do have a orignal beretta fs92 at moment.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    "I even had one from Darra, but it was a bit scary so I never shot it."

No, when I say "scary", I mean it looked like it was made with an axe and hard rocks for tools. It would hardly chamber a round, and I had no faith at all in the metallurgy. I have fired dangerous or painful guns before, but this one was too much of a risk.

In a previous life I did a lot of interesting travel and discovered that I could get into trouble in English, French, Spanish, Hebrew, Russian, German, Italian, and Arabic. Getting out of trouble required much more concentration and skill!
    Wow, that must be a really old piece. The quality of the fit and finish has now come a long way, and the metallurgy has improved as well. Since, a lot of such manufacturers have CNC machines now. But still the quality of most local made guns is not desirable, except for the ones made by the government owned POF. But they only makes versions of the MP5 and H&K 91 for sale to the general public, so no handguns. Also, daudson armory makes some good shotguns.

Since you fancy Tokarevs, try finding one made by Badar & brothers, they were imported in to the U.S by century arms, a few years ago. It will be a rare item in your collection and they are also very decent shooting pistols. I would consider them to be the best local made handguns, in terms of quality. Since, many members on the forum are owners, including myself.

Wow, that's really cool that you know so many languages, especially Eastern one's such as Hebrew and Arabic. Russian too, as it is also somewhat a language of the East.
    Last edited by malik94; 10-06-2019 at 12:55 AM.

I did miss the Century imports, not many came in. I was really hoping that some POF .30 Bore ammunition would come too, but no luck there.
    Yes, work and "fun" did take me to some interesting places. Never got to Pakistan. I would have loved to visit Darra for a few days, but I guess that is pretty difficult today. Guns around the world are always interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    I did miss the Century imports, not many came in. I was really hoping that some POF .30 Bore ammunition would come too, but no luck there.
    Yes, work and "fun" did take me to some interesting places. Never got to Pakistan. I would have loved to visit Darra for a few days, but I guess that is pretty difficult today. Guns around the world are always interesting.
    You might get lucky to come across one, someday. The POF 30 bore ammo had a very short & limited production run. I don't know why they stopped making it. Although, it was pretty good, from what I have heard.

Maybe you'll get the opportunity to visit someday, but don't know how long Darra will last. As the tribal areas are being formally merged with the rest of the country. So, the arms manufacturing industry there, will no longer remain unregulated.

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    POF .30 ammo was very very good.. Much better than Chinese in terms of felt recoil and fouling. So good that they discontinued it altogether.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    POF .30 ammo was very very good.. Much better than Chinese in terms of felt recoil and fouling. So good that they discontinued it altogether.
    The price for Chinese ammo is around 100 rupees a pop these days. Try 'yaadgaar' ammo, you'll truly remember it . It's good uptil now. But, whenever any darra made ammo becomes popular they reduce the quality.

Quote Originally Posted by malik94 View Post
    The price for Chinese ammo is around 100 rupees a pop these days. Try 'yaadgaar' ammo, you'll truly remember it . It's good uptil now. But, whenever any darra made ammo becomes popular they reduce the quality.
    Name:  IMG-20190610-WA0156.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  81.1 KB

[Name:  IMG-20190610-WA0156.jpg
Size:  81.1 KBATTACH=CONFIG]38253[/ATTACH]

Y.A.F is super ammo for your local TT
    Keep Calm & Carry One

Quote Originally Posted by pakistanitoup View Post
    Name:  IMG-20190610-WA0156.jpg
Size:  81.1 KB

[Name:  IMG-20190610-WA0156.jpg
Size:  81.1 KBATTACH=CONFIG]38253[/ATTACH]

Y.A.F is super ammo for your local TT
    Lol, which city are these made in? Well I hope they do make all your range moments "Yadgar"...

Anyway have you tried Kynoch .30 ammo? I don't know much about the Kynoch .30 ammo but Kynoch 9mm ammo is meant to be another local semi-decent brand. Once I was chatting to one of the Moon Star Arms owners and I asked him what ammo do they use for testing in their factory, he said Kynoch and praised it a lot. Based on his feedback I was intending to pick up a few boxes from DAK if I happened to buy a local 9mm or a .30 piece. In PEW market they are around Rs,22/ pop from factory should be cheaper.
    Last edited by MK47; 12-06-2019 at 05:29 AM.

Those YADGAR boxes are great! Any chance we can see some pictures of the rounds and base markings?