Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 30 bore TT

30 bore TT

https://youtu.be/iuwg3jn4LE0

Is this true that all 30 bore TT have FTE ,FTF issues (65%age ) ..any make Russia China and local. As Mr Aftab telling in this video.

I can just say the gentleman in video is idiot of highest grade .
    TT is one of the most reliable pistol in world .
    2 super powers used this as their standard issue .
    Even local copies work good .
    Use imported ammo and you will never get any complain .
    I have both Chinese and Russian in my collection and they never gave any problem .

I have watched videos by Aftab Ahmad since he began. He gives some useful local information, nevertheless, mostly hearsay without scientific basis. This is one of his earlier videos. In another video, he recommends cleaning rusted barrels by soaking in bathroom acid !
    YouTuber, Pervaiz Awan, is much more informative.
    Last edited by Imtiaz Shah; 05-06-2019 at 05:41 PM.

The gentleman is calling a hammer a trigger.....
    Before you embark on a journey of Revenge, dig two graves - Confucius (504 BC)
    102nd Chairborne Rangers, Special Forums Operator Delta, The Keyboard Commandos

Lol, I have shot about a 100 rounds of both local & imported ammo through my B&B TT, without even a single FTE/FTF until now. And it's a local made gun.

My friend has an old beat up Chinese TT, which his father had bought during the 90s. It has had atleast 10000-15000 rounds shot through it, with mostly Desi ammo. And it is still reliable and accurate as a good gun could be.

This Aftab Saab also has some personal interest in moonstars arms. I don't know if they are his friends, or they favour him in some way. As he excessively praises thier products.

Also, I haven't even seen the cheapest of Desi TTs performing so poorly out of the box, with 65 % rate of FTEs/FTFs.
    Last edited by malik94; 05-06-2019 at 09:45 PM.
    "morior invictus" (Death before defeat )

Quote Originally Posted by Imtiaz Shah View Post
    I have watched videos by Aftab Ahmad since he began. He gives some useful local information, nevertheless, mostly hearsay without scientific basis. This is one of his earlier videos. In another video, he recommends cleaning rusted barrels by soaking in bathroom acid !
    YouTuber, Pervaiz Awan, is much more informative.
    I second you.

Quote Originally Posted by MIRZA1988 View Post
    I can just say the gentleman in video is idiot of highest grade .
    TT is one of the most reliable pistol in world .
    2 super powers used this as their standard issue .
    Even local copies work good .
    Use imported ammo and you will never get any complain .
    I have both Chinese and Russian in my collection and they never gave any problem .
    Wiser words could not have been spoken.
    Though I took you more of a snob and did not expect it from you
    Communist until you get rich; Feminist until you get married; Atheist until the airplane starts falling.

Hmm...and he is mentioning prices of local guns much higher than markete...he mentioned local bretta with original barrel and magzine, ,,65k but in market available 45k ..
    And I think use of original barrel and magzines of no benefit.. bretta local works fine for ..I am using on local , pof and imported . No FTF FTE in last 6 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafar iqbal 2477 View Post
    Hmm...and he is mentioning prices of local guns much higher than markete...he mentioned local bretta with original barrel and magzine, ,,65k but in market available 45k ..
    And I think use of original barrel and magzines of no benefit.. bretta local works fine for ..I am using on local , pof and imported . No FTF FTE in last 6 years.
    I have not seen a lot of his videos, but if I remember correctly, he often advertises products made by moonstar arms. Putting an original barrel in a Desi Berettas has been known to make them very inaccurate.
    Last edited by malik94; 06-06-2019 at 08:50 PM.

YouTuber gentleman, Aftab Ahmad, is opening his own arms shop (AK Arms) in Peshawar ! Price of all local clones Rs.50K plus. POF-Fiochhi 9mm @ Rs.115 each. Wow !

Quote Originally Posted by Imtiaz Shah View Post
    YouTuber gentleman, Aftab Ahmad, is opening his own arms shop (AK Arms) in Peshawar ! Price of all local clones Rs.50K plus. POF-Fiochhi 9mm @ Rs.115 each. Wow !
    I've spoken to him a few times over the phone, very nice guy but other than that my instinct tells me not be trusted advice wise I.e. the advice or things he was coming out with me clearly did not make sense, even though I am not a guru or an expert. The prices were clearly next level, miles different from rest of the market or local factory prices, any local industry or company mentioned DSA was not recommended or good enough. I realised straight away if I go through this guy there is gonna be at least a 100 % cut or commission in between and what should cost 20-25K will cost 40K. And as per his prices he did quote min 40K starting for local products like Bettys etc as well.

I have TTs from Russia, Romania, Yugoslavia, and 2 from China. I don't recall having a single misfire or serious problem. I even had one from Darra, but it was a bit scary so I never shot it.
    Still looking for nice Polish and Hungarian examples!

I just watched the video and found it fascinating. I assume he is mainly speaking Urdu?
    It is so interesting how he zips in and out of English. I speak a few languages and have spent many hours around the world having many "mixed" conversations like that, or conversations with 3 or 4 different languages and running translation.
    I didn't understand much about the TT pistol he was discussing, but it was enjoyable none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by MK47 View Post
    I've spoken to him a few times over the phone, very nice guy but other than that my instinct tells me not be trusted advice wise I.e. the advice or things he was coming out with me clearly did not make sense, even though I am not a guru or an expert. The prices were clearly next level, miles different from rest of the market or local factory prices, any local industry or company mentioned DSA was not recommended or good enough. I realised straight away if I go through this guy there is gonna be at least a 100 % cut or commission in between and what should cost 20-25K will cost 40K. And as per his prices he did quote min 40K starting for local products like Bettys etc as well.
    I think he wishes to capitalize on the fame that he he has found through YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    I have TTs from Russia, Romania, Yugoslavia, and 2 from China. I don't recall having a single misfire or serious problem. I even had one from Darra, but it was a bit scary so I never shot it.
    Still looking for nice Polish and Hungarian examples!
    Don't worry try shooting it if you still can, it won't blow up or anything . The worst it can do is that it will jam.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    I just watched the video and found it fascinating. I assume he is mainly speaking Urdu?
    It is so interesting how he zips in and out of English. I speak a few languages and have spent many hours around the world having many "mixed" conversations like that, or conversations with 3 or 4 different languages and running translation.
    I didn't understand much about the TT pistol he was discussing, but it was enjoyable none the less.
    Yes, he is speaking Urdu in the video. As Urdu is the lingua franca of country and also the national language. But he is a pashtun, so pashto would be his native language. It is very common for Pakistanis to use a lot of English words, in our routine conversations. Because of our colonial past. Almost all Pakistanis are multilingual. I can speak three languages and a lot of people here can speak four languages, as well. One of my professors can speak 'six' language. But he is an exceptional case, and he also has a PHD in linguistic anthropology.

Concerning, what he was actually saying in the video, he was basically bad-mouthing the TT .
    I am curious, what languages can you speak, besides English of course ?
    Last edited by malik94; 08-06-2019 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by malik94 View Post
    I have not seen a lot of his videos, but if I remember correctly, he often advertises products made by moonstar arms. Putting an original barrel in a Desi Berettas has been known to make them very inaccurate.
    On the contrary original barrels make the pistols very accurate due to the proper grooves etc....
    Before you embark on a journey of Revenge, dig two graves - Confucius (504 BC)
    102nd Chairborne Rangers, Special Forums Operator Delta, The Keyboard Commandos

Quote Originally Posted by Fraz View Post
    On the contrary original barrels make the pistols very accurate due to the proper grooves etc....
    I'm not sure bro, as I don't have any first hand experience of putting an original barrel in a local Beretta. I heard it from somewhere, that the slides and sights of the desi guns are not aligned or made to spec for the original barrels. As the degree of standardization in local guns, is not adequate.
    Although I trust the person who said it, but he might be wrong or it could be just heresay.
    Last edited by malik94; 09-06-2019 at 03:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraz View Post
    I tried the orignal barrel in a local fs92 it was accurate enough but the pistol itself was not well made to so got rid of the pistol but keept the orignal barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by malik94 View Post
    I'm not sure bro, as I don't have any first hand experience of putting an original barrel in a local Beretta. I heard it from somewhere, that the slides and sights of the desi guns are not aligned or made to spec for the new barrels. As the degree of standardization in local guns, is not adequate
    Although I trust the person who said it but he might be wrong or it could be just heresay.
    I have a orignal 92fs but still want to make a local good quailty clone so i can use the orignal barrel in it that i already own and will use orignal mags as well and then will sell my orignal 92fs to buy some thing else.