Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DSA Trushot or DSA Nine

DSA Trushot or DSA Nine

Hi everyone, I have been a silent but regular reader of PG forum for a few years now. I wish to purchase 9mm handgun for SD and could use insight of the experts.

Since, at the moment, I can't afford a CZ, or Kilinc' 2000, and Sar B6 are also not being imported by POF anymore, I have opted to go for DSA.
    Now as I am a complete newbie to firearms and this will be my first firearm, I am conflicted between DSA trushot and DSA Nine. Kind of conflicted between all steel and polymer frame actually. I have relatively big hands and the weight of the gun should not matter.

I need expert opinion on the matter.

PS: Got a demand note for 9mm KP license.

Expert Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adilsyyed View Post
    Hi everyone, I have been a silent but regular reader of PG forum for a few years now. I wish to purchase 9mm handgun for SD and could use insight of the experts.

Since, at the moment, I can't afford a CZ, or Kilinc' 2000, and Sar B6 are also not being imported by POF anymore, I have opted to go for DSA.
    Now as I am a complete newbie to firearms and this will be my first firearm, I am conflicted between DSA trushot and DSA Nine. Kind of conflicted between all steel and polymer frame actually. I have relatively big hands and the weight of the gun should not matter.

Well, 1st of all many congratulations on the demand note...

Secondly, though I am not an expert... But just my two cents...
    If you really need a gun for real SD situation... Do prefer imported and reputed ones...

If budget is a constraint, try to find a used piece in good condition or probably Makarov / Baikal 442 9x18 will come in your planned budget...
    Thats also good as per seniors on the forum....

BTW, a side note... DSA's products have also gone high with respect to prices....

DSA Nine isn't economical/cheap.... I have been infomred that it is for Rs. 53,000/- that too from their factory...

Which is in my opinion, high to say the least for a locally produced gun.

May you find and get best gun. Aameen
    Islam began as something strange & will revert to being strange as it began, so give glad tidings to the strangers. (Muslim)

Brother i will say don,t wast your money on these overpriced desi pistols try to get a new chinese .30 bore or if local is option a well made beretta clone will work atleast its a proven design.

Which city are you from ? And what is your maximum possible budget ?
    "morior invictus" (Death before defeat )

Quote Originally Posted by 1stranger View Post
    Well, 1st of all many congratulations on the demand note...

Secondly, though I am not an expert... But just my two cents...
    If you really need a gun for real SD situation... Do prefer imported and reputed ones...

If budget is a constraint, try to find a used piece in good condition or probably Makarov / Baikal 442 9x18 will come in your planned budget...
    Thats also good as per seniors on the forum....

BTW, a side note... DSA's products have also gone high with respect to prices....

DSA Nine isn't economical/cheap.... I have been infomred that it is for Rs. 53,000/- that too from their factory...

Which is in my opinion, high to say the least for a locally produced gun.

May you find and get best gun. Aameen
    1. Thanks, its a good thing KP license is not as hard to get as in other provinces.

2. My budget is 65k -ish. I agree with you about imported guns but my knowledge is very limited about them. I only know CZ clones like Kilinc 2000 and B6, and they don't fall in my budget.

Used guns? Are they like used cars... like with a lot of problems? Or the situation different with guns?

Quote Originally Posted by FA226 View Post
    Brother i will say don,t wast your money on these overpriced desi pistols try to get a new chinese .30 bore or if local is option a well made beretta clone will work atleast its a proven design.
    Bro, isn't it better than other local guns ?

My license is already 9mm...

1. Thanks, its a good thing KP license is not as hard to get as in other provinces.

2. My budget is 65k -ish. I agree with you about imported guns but my knowledge is very limited about them. I only know CZ clones like Kilinc 2000 and B6, and they don't fall in my budget.

Used guns? Are they like used cars... like with a lot of problems? Or the situation different with guns?
    My friend informed me of Norinco PX3, in very good condition which is available at landi arbab arms in Peshawar. They are asking 80k for it. But since your DM is for 9mm, that is not an option.

I bought a gun from Peshawar this Saturday. considering the current market situation, where everything imported is very expensive and scarce. I would advise you to visit karkhano market or Jamrud. And also to visit all the shops on G.T road and university road. If you're lucky you will find something good in your budget.
    Last edited by malik94; 16-04-2019 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by malik94 View Post
    Which city are you from ? And what is your maximum possible budget ?
    Currently living in Wah Cantt. Have access to Peshawar too.
    And 70k Max.

My friend informed me of Norinco PX3, which is available at landi arbab arms in Peshawar. They are asking 80k for it.
    Isn't it .30 bore?

I am seeing a trend here, like I should have gone for .30 bore license...

Isn't it .30 bore?

I am seeing a trend here, like I should have gone for .30 bore license...
    No trend is not of 30 bore, it just that the Chinese TT is the cheapest imported pistol available in the country. And it's a concidence that, I know of a PX3, which is also chambered in 30 bore. The NP-22 is the equivalent of px3, in 9mm. And they are both similarly priced.
    Last edited by malik94; 16-04-2019 at 11:47 PM.

Currently living in Wah Cantt. Have access to Peshawar too.
    And 70k Max.
    Is your liscence extended for all Pakistan or is it only valid for KP ?

Is your liscence extended for all Pakistan or is it only valid for KP ?
    Currently KP, will be changed to All Pakistan.
    They said I have to apply for All Pakistan and cartridge increase AFTER I get a gun, which seems confusing.... How can I get a gun outside KP if the license is currently only valid for KP and will be changed into All Pakistan later.

Currently KP, will be changed to All Pakistan.
    They said I have to apply for All Pakistan and cartridge increase AFTER I get a gun, which seems confusing.... How can I get a gun outside KP if the license is currently only valid for KP and will be changed into All Pakistan later.
    That is usually the procedure, for book liscences don't know about the newer card liscences. Members from KP will guide you even better, about this.

Everything is possible in Pakistan, but there is no need, when Peshawar has the best arms market. But you should be thoughtful, of the fact that your gun or liscence will have no legal worth in Wah Cantt, untill you get it converted to All-Pak.
    Last edited by malik94; 17-04-2019 at 07:39 AM.

One other thing, if you are getting your liscence made from strictly direct & formal channels, then it's safe. Otherwise, I would strongly suggest you to get it verified before registering a weapon, on it.To avoid any potential problems in the future. By ensuring that thier is a record in the government diaries.

As you might be aware of a very large number of MOI, Punjab & Sindh liscences that we're found to have no records, years later. And thus they were deemed illegal. The clerical staff at arms branches is known, to just 'print' & 'sell' liscences with no records or incorrect records, at the back end. If it is going to be a card liscence, I think you can even verify it on an online portal.
    Last edited by malik94; 17-04-2019 at 07:50 AM.

One other thing, if you are getting your liscence made from strictly direct & formal channels, then it's safe. Otherwise, I would strongly suggest you to get it verified before registering a weapon, on it.To avoid any potential problems in the future. By ensuring that thier is a record in the government diaries..
    I am using direct method and personally going to DC office and such. It is a card license and should be able to be verified through their website.

How much is B6 in open market these days? At Peshawar, if even available.

It is my first weapon and I am conflicted whether to try and increase my budget and get an imported one, or get a Trushot and start walking the ropes of firearm universe.
    There is always the option of getting another one if the prices drops.... uh uh..... in case imports starts.

How much is B6 in open market these days? At Peshawar, if even available.

It is my first weapon and I am conflicted whether to try and increase my budget and get an imported one, or get a Trushot and start walking the ropes of firearm universe.
    There is always the option of getting another one if the prices drops.... uh uh..... in case imports starts.
    Don't buy trushot increase you budget a little bit and buy a Chinese or Turkish 9mm.

Don't buy trushot increase you budget a little bit and buy a Chinese or Turkish 9mm.
    Thanks. Increase upto how much?

Thanks. Increase upto how much?
    95 to 100k should do the job I think.