Thread: Very bad experience at fakhr-e-alam

Thumbs down Very bad experience at fakhr-e-alam

I went to Peshawar a couple of days ago, accompanied by my father, to buy a pistol. I went to fakhr-e-alam first, and asked him to show me pistols which fell in my budget of around 80-90k. He showed me two, a used akdal in Beretta shape & a NIB tangfolio viper. I checked them superficially, asked thier prices, and I liked the viper more which he quoted to be '100k' and I told him that I'll be back shortly from the bank. I also went to my old dealer next door at Alfalah arms. I later checked a used NP-34 at Majeed gul & sons too. But I found the viper to be the best option available. Some teachers were holding a protest on main G.T road so we got stuck and his shop closed before we could come back. So, I was forced to come back to Islamabad. The next day was Friday so I was unable to go to Peshawar again.

The day after that I called Mazhar, and told him the reason, why I couldn't come, and asked if the gun was still available. He replied that it was, and I told him that I'll visit in a while. I then left for Peshawar, and when I arrived at his shop after travelling all the way from Islamabad, and picking up a friend from Wah Cantt on the way. I asked him to show me the pistol again, although its a CZ design but I found it's action to be very hard, me, Mazhar and the guy who works at his shop racked the slide a couple of times to check. I didn't show any rudeness and politely asked him if it's action might be hard, compared to my Canik as it's slide rides is mated to a polymer frame or that, because the gun was very dry. He was then on the phone and I proceeded to disassemble the gun very carefully, I checked it quickly and then reassembled it. I think that stuck a nerve, as I could see him get visibly irritated. When he got of the phone, I asked him that "Mazhar Bhai thek hai, yeh kar lain, price main kiya mazeed pyar muhabat ho sakti hai ?" He replied in a harsh tone, without even looking at me that I'll give it to you for 115k final. I was shocked to hear this as he had quoted 100k just two days ago. I said that Mazhar Bhai you quoted 100k for it just 2 days ago. He denied it and again without even looking at me. I insisted a bit that he had indeed quoted 100k. But he just said 'nahi', in the same manner. After I took a long pause to process what was happening. I asked "apnay dukandari nahi karni ?". He replied in the same manner by just saying "Han thek hai". Me and my friend just got up and left his shop, I was very pissed and I went straight to majeed gul & sons and bought the NP-34, which I had seen before.
    Last edited by malik94; 16-04-2019 at 04:22 AM.
    "morior invictus" (Death before defeat )

I might have misheard him, but my father was also there, the first time. And he later confirmed that indeed Mazhar had quoted 100k. And even if I had disassembled it and that too with the utmost care. Where as, owing to my familiarity with the CZ design, I can easily field strip it in about 15-20 seconds, if I try to do it fast. But I should be afforded the liberty to inspect something, for which I am going to pay 90k +

The finish of the NP-34 which I later bought was a bit worn, but the guys at Majeed Gul & Sons. Who were also very polite and welcoming the first time I visited thier shop. After hearing my doubts about the finish, disassembled the gun for me and allowed me to inspect it and asked me to take as much time as I want to be satisfied. They even showed me each part: the barrel, the mags, the trigger assembly, the slide and the frame, and explained in detail that the finish is only worn primarily due to carry wear. And they frankly said, that not more then 500-1000 round would have been fired through it. And although, I think I had to pay as much as 5-7 k more, than what was the fair market price for that gun. As it is a very big shop on main university road. But I value my diginity a lot more then having to pay a bit extra. Also, besides our dealing they were very good chaps, and we just talked for about 2 hours about guns and other things, in general.
    Last edited by malik94; 16-04-2019 at 04:16 AM.

Member Extraordinaire
    Similar experience happened with me at Orient. Never going there again.

When I went to Peshawar four years ago to buy my first gun. I dimly remember that although Mazhar had quoted a lower price by around 3-5 k, the reason for not buying from him was due to his rude attitude. So, I went to Alfalah arms next door and bought from there. And Haji Saab at Alfalah arms is also a very nice guy.

This time he had no gun in my budget, but still he informed me of a used CF-98 and an HP-77B, which he knew of, that were available at other dealers (which was a very nice gesture, at his part, very few people such things). And he also enquired about one of them on the phone for us, but unfortunately both had been sold, by then.
    Last edited by malik94; 16-04-2019 at 04:12 AM.

My apologies for such a long rant, but this whole experience really pissed me off. And I also thought that other members should be wiser to his nefarious behaviours.
    Last edited by malik94; 16-04-2019 at 04:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shahroze View Post
    Similar experience happened with me at Orient. Never going there again.
    Bro this guy gives one of the best rates in Peshawar. But some people value thier self-respect more, rather than just saving a few bucks. And he also lost a prospective customer, twice.
    Last edited by malik94; 16-04-2019 at 04:11 AM.

Now a days all high end dealers do not want argument .
    Daily prices raising .
    They do not care for losing customers .

Dealing with him since feb 2010
    Never happened anything like that.
    Maybe it was a bad day of him or you not sure.
    Yessss I'm Baikal lover 💕
    My life my rules...

Quote Originally Posted by Afzaal View Post
    Dealing with him since feb 2010
    Never happened anything like that.
    Maybe it was a bad day of him or you not sure.
    Bro, my father & friend are also witnesses. He was also very rude, when I went there several years ago, and i bought my desired gun for 3-5 k more from Alfalah arms, which is next door. I have also heard from a few people and also read on the forum, that he is known to often quote lower prices on the phone and when you actually go there, he raises them. The real reason is that he has an attitude problem. And he got pissed because, I checked his gun, throughly.
    Last edited by malik94; 16-04-2019 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MIRZA1988 View Post
    Now a days all high end dealers do not want argument .
    Daily prices raising .
    They do not care for losing customers .
    Yes that is true, nothing lasts in the market, for long. Especially handguns.