Thread: Rifle suggestion

Rifle suggestion

Dear Members,

I have recently got a rifle license made and in a few months, I was planning to buy a Norinco CQ (.223). I'm told that I will need a permit from the Home Department which I'm okay with whenever I get down to that purchase. My question is that is there any type of rifle for which no such permit would be required and I can buy it directly on my license? TIA

Regards,
    Zeeshan

yes bolt action what ever bore you wish to buy

Really.....I got simple NPB computerised licence and bought CQA on that. ...no permit required.....atleast in Punjab

Really.....I got simple NPB computerised licence and bought CQA on that. ...no permit required.....atleast in Punjab

Quote Originally Posted by Mastermind View Post
    yes bolt action what ever bore you wish to buy
    Thanks; this is helpful.

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    THe permit thingy is a purely Sindh thingh. the SO (arms) at the home department showed me the notification that made them npb. But well, they have to make some money. The letter and stamp has no picture and is not CCed to anyone. However, they do keep records and this is why no dealer in karachi will sell you one, unless you have that permit. Back when the permits were first introduced, the price was 50k per permit, it is now at 15k per permit.

If you dont want to pay that, then just get any bolt action rifle. ( I am kind of partial to the lee enfield .303 battle rifle) or if you want to go semi auto wihtout a permit then your only choice is the .22lr. In which case I would recommend the Italian Adler .22lr semi auto.. It should set you back by 40 to 65k or so depending on condition.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

What is a permit?
    Communist until you get rich; Feminist until you get married; Atheist until the airplane starts falling.

Quote Originally Posted by shahroze View Post
    What is a permit?
    Its a peice of paper issues by the hole department of sindh. It allows you to purchase eihter a .222 or a .223 semi auto rifle
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    THe permit thingy is a purely Sindh thingh. the SO (arms) at the home department showed me the notification that made them npb. But well, they have to make some money. The letter and stamp has no picture and is not CCed to anyone. However, they do keep records and this is why no dealer in karachi will sell you one, unless you have that permit. Back when the permits were first introduced, the price was 50k per permit, it is now at 15k per permit.

If you dont want to pay that, then just get any bolt action rifle. ( I am kind of partial to the lee enfield .303 battle rifle) or if you want to go semi auto wihtout a permit then your only choice is the .22lr. In which case I would recommend the Italian Adler .22lr semi auto.. It should set you back by 40 to 65k or so depending on condition.
    Thanks for the brilliant advice! Italian Adler .22lr in M16 style would be my choice! if that's what you meant.

Quote Originally Posted by zee_shah View Post
    Thanks for the brilliant advice! Italian Adler .22lr in M16 style would be my choice! if that's what you meant.
    Mine is the AK clone. I wil probably take her to the range tomm. I got it from HM traders in 40% condition. It was a single shot only. She set me back by around 18k or so. I had her repaired and re blued and got a spare mage for another 12k or so. Now all she needs is a scope and she is good to go. However, 'do not' buy the armscor clones of the adler. Whatever the good people at Adler made, the 'not-so'good' people at Armscor copied. the Filipinos may look like the Adler but they dont work like em at all. And most dealers wil sell you the armscor at a higher rate than the adler cause they look better.

I had a choice between my really banged up non functional Adler and a 80% condition Armscor. I chose the former and it took me a long time to get it ship shape, but I am a happy man.