Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Glock Evolution

  1. #1

    Glock Evolution

    Though Glocks were in production since 1982 but they became a worldwide star after 1998 when Gen3 was launched (similar to Apple iphone 3 launch). Before that we were busy in enjoying .30 Bore Mausers.
    Glocks were really transformed into universal guns during Gen 2 to Gen 3 jump. People had reservations for Gen4 even that with few modifications, one can't name it a 'Gen'. However, in my reckoning, Gen4 had a maj evolution in shape of dual recoil assy spring or inertia spring. Plus no issues in functioning just like Gen 3.
    Now Gen5 is launched & again people have same observation of fewer modifications. As per my knowledge the have 2 issues which are worth worrying (Glock will be modifying these); one, these Gen5 have more barrel smile (mks left on upper portion of barrel near muzzle due to friction), two, Glock modified the slide in front (gave it a bit rounded shape) but forgot to round off the frame under it, which gives an edgy look.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

  2. #2
    Member H Panni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    194
    Thanks for sharing. Any links to articles/videos that elaborate on this? I had not heard about this term "barrel smile" before reading your post.

    Glock are slow to modify so may also be slow to rectify. (Not that I am waiting. I for one would never buy a Glock at the prices they are currently available.)

    However being slow may not the reason for it. People who have done business decision making may agree with me on that when large manufacturers and their distributors have large quantities of inventory in the pipeline then they usually wait for them to substantially sell out before announcing or introducing modifications to a product unless it is life threatening issue or there is a substantial threats of litigation/damage to brand image and assorted costs being incurred.

  3. #3
    Its not the relevant reply of your post but i do not like striker pistol even its glock.
    My life my rules...
    Afzaal.pg @ gmail

  4. #4
    Member H Panni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by Afzaal View Post
    Its not the relevant reply of your post but i do not like striker pistol even its glock.
    I may have strong opinions about many weapons and may never touch some of them with a 12 foot pole when it comes to relying on them for critical jobs like EDC etc but I never shy away from shooting them for fun or becoming well acquainted with them even if they are in the pea shooter or ghulail category. #irrelevant reply

  5. #5
    I am not a Glock Lover, but I have actually bought 2 in the last year and a half. I got a G43 that my daughter quickly confiscated, and I just got a new G43X, which I think might be the perfect carry handgun.
    You may not like them, but you cannot deny their usability and reliability.

  6. #6
    Member Extraordinaire shahroze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Fod Street
    Posts
    3,185
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    I am not a Glock Lover, but I have actually bought 2 in the last year and a half. I got a G43 that my daughter quickly confiscated, and I just got a new G43X, which I think might be the perfect carry handgun.
    You may not like them, but you cannot deny their usability and reliability.
    Agreed.....
    Communist until you get rich; Feminist until you get married; Atheist until the airplane starts falling.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by H Panni View Post
    Thanks for sharing. Any links to articles/videos that elaborate on this? I had not heard about this term "barrel smile" before reading your post.

    Glock are slow to modify so may also be slow to rectify. (Not that I am waiting. I for one would never buy a Glock at the prices they are currently available.)

    However being slow may not the reason for it. People who have done business decision making may agree with me on that when large manufacturers and their distributors have large quantities of inventory in the pipeline then they usually wait for them to substantially sell out before announcing or introducing modifications to a product unless it is life threatening issue or there is a substantial threats of litigation/damage to brand image and assorted costs being incurred.
    Dear just google it, u will find numerous links + videos, plz
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    I am not a Glock Lover, but I have actually bought 2 in the last year and a half. I got a G43 that my daughter quickly confiscated, and I just got a new G43X, which I think might be the perfect carry handgun.
    You may not like them, but you cannot deny their usability and reliability.
    Definitely u may not or dont like them, but u lov them 😍
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •