Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Strange predicament

  1. #1
    Enthusiast malik94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    487

    Strange predicament

    Dear members,

    I have recently gotten two demand notes issued, but due to the long-standing ban on imports (as most of you must be aware of) most dealers have run out of good options, passable handguns such as the CF-98 if even available are retaling for 85-90 k in Rawalpindi, even the going rate for Chinese TT's is around 50-55 k. I consider these prices to be outrageous as I had bought a Canik Shark for 58 k in 2015. Besides, I did not like any local made options that I checked and thier were no good used options available with dealers. Please advise what should I do.
    Last edited by malik94; 05-02-2019 at 04:34 AM.
    "morior invictus" (Death before defeat )

  2. #2
    Supreme Member pakistanitoup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    ISB/RWP
    Posts
    2,267
    did you get isb dc ones or Moi ?

    you can wait untill imports open but they will still take time to come down as dealers are people are very thirsty for new guns. all prices have insanely grown.
    Keep Calm & Carry One

  3. #3
    Enthusiast malik94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanitoup View Post
    did you get isb dc ones or Moi ?

    you can wait untill imports open but they will still take time to come down as dealers are people are very thirsty for new guns. all prices have insanely grown.
    Thank you for your reply,

    Bro, they are d.c ones, are MOI liscences being issued to the general public ? Should I wait for imports to open, do you have any idea if they are they expected to start soon ?

    Also bro, what is your opinion about the DSA trushot compared to other local handguns, in terms of quality ?
    Last edited by malik94; 05-02-2019 at 02:16 PM.
    "morior invictus" (Death before defeat )

  4. #4
    Member Extraordinaire FA226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    3,866
    Quote Originally Posted by malik94 View Post
    Thank you for your reply,

    Bro, they are d.c ones, are MOI liscences being issued to the general public ? Should I wait for imports to open, do you have any idea if they are they expected to start soon ?

    Also bro, what is your opinion about the DSA trushot compared to other local handguns, in terms of quality ?
    I will not suggest trushot for its price and stupid design,if you know of a good local manufacturer who can make you a good beretta 92 or sig p226 copy get one if you want local.

  5. #5
    Enthusiast malik94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    487
    Bro can I get your contact number or email address. I need your guidance about something, If you can't share it here, kindly send me an email at moeedmalik94@gmail.com
    "morior invictus" (Death before defeat )

  6. #6
    Enthusiast malik94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by FA226 View Post
    I will not suggest trushot for its price and stupid design,if you know of a good local manufacturer who can make you a good beretta 92 or sig p226 copy get one if you want local.
    Bro can I get your contact number or email address. I need your guidance about something, If you can't share it here, kindly send me an email at moeedmalik94@gmail.com
    "morior invictus" (Death before defeat )

  7. #7
    Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    17,414
    Quote Originally Posted by malik94 View Post
    Dear members,

    I have recently gotten two demand notes issued, but due to the long-standing ban on imports (as most of you must be aware of) most dealers have run out of good options, passable handguns such as the CF-98 if even available are retaling for 85-90 k in Rawalpindi, even the going rate for Chinese TT's is around 50-55 k. I consider these prices to be outrageous as I had bought a Canik Shark for 58 k in 2015. Besides, I did not like any local made options that I checked and thier were no good used options available with dealers. Please advise what should I do.
    Actually a CF for 85k is a very good rate. At Ilahi bux and co karachi the going rate was norht of 120k . And most outlets at the wholesale market inkarachi were offering the same for 110k. And that was in december. ..

    This time next year, it wil be much much higher. My advice. Take the hit. And buy something expensive. Imports are not going to open. And if you ever sell em you will get your money back. With a local. its very difficult to recover your money when you sell em in the market.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

  8. #8
    Supreme Member pakistanitoup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    ISB/RWP
    Posts
    2,267
    Quote Originally Posted by malik94 View Post
    Thank you for your reply,

    Bro, they are d.c ones, are MOI liscences being issued to the general public ? Should I wait for imports to open, do you have any idea if they are they expected to start soon ?

    Also bro, what is your opinion about the DSA trushot compared to other local handguns, in terms of quality ?
    some people are getting moi's now days but not for everyone.
    i saw a true shot in person at the shot show. it was not very appealing and well made.
    you can get as a starter, a local made beretta, zigana, sign or a glock.
    if you can travel to KP, start from Insaf shah in Nowshera he is i think most reliable in this area in terms of his commitment. rest are golibaaz. if you can go to DAK there you will find guns of every type.
    Keep Calm & Carry One

  9. #9
    Enthusiast malik94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanitoup View Post
    some people are getting moi's now days but not for everyone.
    i saw a true shot in person at the shot show. it was not very appealing and well made.
    you can get as a starter, a local made beretta, zigana, sign or a glock.
    if you can travel to KP, start from Insaf shah in Nowshera he is i think most reliable in this area in terms of his commitment. rest are golibaaz. if you can go to DAK there you will find guns of every type.
    I have heard that MOI is only accepting the applications of military personnel, government officers and parliamentarians.

    Bro my liscences are only valid in Punjab and ICT. Some arms manufacturers in Peshawar told me on the phone that, they can deliver the desired product to Islamabad. But what about arms dealer entry and stamp on the demand note. Shouldn't the dealer be based in ICT or Punjab ?
    Last edited by malik94; 06-02-2019 at 05:17 PM.
    "morior invictus" (Death before defeat )

  10. #10
    Lord of War
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    rawalpindi
    Posts
    873
    Quote Originally Posted by malik94 View Post
    I have heard that MOI is only accepting the applications of military personnel, government officers and parliamentarians.

    Bro my liscences are only valid in Punjab and ICT. Some arms manufacturers in Peshawar told me on the phone that, they can deliver the desired product to Islamabad. But what about arms dealer entry and stamp on the demand note. Shouldn't the dealer be based in ICT or Punjab ?
    The entry can be sorted out....zardad khan arms at college road is known for this kind of work he will make entry on demand note.....

  11. #11
    Member Extraordinaire shahroze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Fod Street
    Posts
    3,185
    Ballixd my man, I have been looking for for you I need to talk to you about your 9mm tok.
    Communist until you get rich; Feminist until you get married; Atheist until the airplane starts falling.

  12. #12
    Enthusiast malik94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    487
    Alright, thank you so much for the guidance.
    Last edited by malik94; 08-02-2019 at 01:40 AM.
    "morior invictus" (Death before defeat )

  13. #13
    Member Extraordinaire FA226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    3,866
    Quote Originally Posted by malik94 View Post
    Bro can I get your contact number or email address. I need your guidance about something, If you can't share it here, kindly send me an email at moeedmalik94@gmail.com
    I have sent you my email bro.

  14. #14
    Enthusiast malik94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by FA226 View Post
    I have sent you my email bro.
    Thank you bro, will get in touch with you soon.
    "morior invictus" (Death before defeat )

  15. #15
    Member Extraordinaire FA226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    3,866
    Quote Originally Posted by malik94 View Post
    Thank you bro, will get in touch with you soon.
    You are welcome Bro.

  16. #16
    Salam bro

    did you find a decent hand gun yet?

    Having gotten my ICT license approval just now, I face the same predicament.

    please do pass details of where and what can be bought as a reliable SD firearm in this budget. Thank you
    "Know that Jannah is in the shade of swords. (Paradise is under the shades of swords)." (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 52, Number 73)

  17. #17
    Enthusiast malik94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah_Mujahid View Post
    Salam bro

    did you find a decent hand gun yet?

    Having gotten my ICT license approval just now, I face the same predicament.

    please do pass details of where and what can be bought as a reliable SD firearm in this budget. Thank you
    Wasalam, not yet bro, still on the lookout. I have posted a comprehensive reply in the thread, you posted.The problem is that I am not willing to spend so much. But considering your budget, Inshallah you will find a good gun.
    "morior invictus" (Death before defeat )

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •