Thread: Stuck in Decision

Stuck in Decision

Asslamo alaikum brothers
    Sometime ago I had a chance to have a decent shotgun for free offered by my relative. I had to make a license for it. So I tried to get one. Later on due to my other engagements I could not get that license in time. So said shotie went into some other one's hand. Alas!

Since all formalities for license were completed now that license is almost ready. Though I am
    the holder of almost indispensable firearms hand guns and shotguns now I am curious what should I do with that extraneous arm license.

The category of firearms is yet to be entered into said license. So I need your worthy opinions. Since I do not have a Rifle & Revolver should I go for one of them. Keeping in view that I have a low budget for this purpose around 30K. The purpose will be SD/HD.
    Some 3 months ago I had seen a nice coach gun (local one) at lucky star it attracted me a lot asking price was 8K.

Kindly help to suggest best.

Regards
    Øn3 $høT Øn3 Øppørtun¡tý

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ic3b3r9 View Post
    Asslamo alaikum brothers
    Sometime ago I had a chance to have a decent shotgun for free offered by my relative. I had to make a license for it. So I tried to get one. Later on due to my other engagements I could not get that license in time. So said shotie went into some other one's hand. Alas!

Since all formalities for license were completed now that license is almost ready. Though I am
    the holder of almost indispensable firearms hand guns and shotguns now I am curious what should I do with that extraneous arm license.

The category of firearms is yet to be entered into said license. So I need your worthy opinions. Since I do not have a Rifle & Revolver should I go for one of them. Keeping in view that I have a low budget for this purpose around 30K. The purpose will be SD/HD.
    Some 3 months ago I had seen a nice coach gun (local one) at lucky star it attracted me a lot asking price was 8K.

Kindly help to suggest best.

Regards
    Local dbbl shotguns of the really cheap veriety tend to blow up on you. Seen a lad who lost his hand. And you will loose your hand. Forget the 8k coach The recoil in any case, makes em practically worthless. Even if they don't kaboom on you.

only imported gun you can buy for 30k would be a .32 SnW long calibre revolver. Probably Arminius German. 7 shot. Ammo is expensive at around 200-220 a pop. But It is very accurate, low recoil and I carry it for SD. Otherwise, in Karachi on your budget, you can only get locals.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

ED Brother...
    Just what expected from you.
    Thank You for your insight.
    Øn3 $høT Øn3 Øppørtun¡tý

Now that I have made up my mind for a revolver. Can I get further guidance whether .32 SnW long is sufficient for SD or there is any other option available in my budget?
    Øn3 $høT Øn3 Øppørtun¡tý

Now that I have made up my mind for a revolver. Can I get further guidance whether .32 SnW long is sufficient for SD or there is any other option available in my budget?
    It is extremely difficult to find ammo of this caliber (in twin cities at least). The caliber has more than enough power though.

Since the recoil is low, your shot placement is better. the single action trigger is the sweetest thign possible . .As befits a revolver. Its waaaay sweeter than any pistol I have ever owned in life. So sweet in fact, that I use this as my 'go to' weapon for both tournaments and carry.
    OK not competition anymore since I cant afford the ammo. But carry yes. The DA pull is long and heavy. But the SA breaks like a thin sheet of glass. zero creep or overtravel. And very low recoil.

The flat tip Sellior and balliot ammo lead slug is quite powerful. Have checked it on wet telephone directories. It does not offer the same penetration and power of a 9mm though or even a 7.62x25. But its decent enough.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.ph...lver-Vs-Pistol

This is my take on the age old revolver vs. pistol debate..

Thanks ED brother..
    your guidance was of much help.
    Øn3 $høT Øn3 Øppørtun¡tý