Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Ban lifted? New Arms License?

  1. #1

    Ban lifted? New Arms License?

    I have heard that ban has been lifted on the issuance of new licenses in Sindh, so has anyone made new license yet or is this just news at the moment and not being implemented?

    I am a common citizen, living alone in Karachi and I would like to get a firearm for my protection. How do I get a license? I do a private job in a software house and have 0 references or source. Do I contact a firearm dealer and ask him to get me a license? are there any legit dealers who won't rip me off by issuing fake license etc ?

    I would really appreciate the help of seniors on this.

    Source : https://arynews.tv/en/shc-orders-sin...censes-policy/

  2. #2
    Enthusiast malik94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    484
    Bro these are just preliminary deliberations, as it says in the article, that according to the government the policy has only been formulated and not been enacted yet. Even if the government enacts the new policy, it will take some time for it to be practically implemented and the issuance of new liscences to start.

    As far as I have heard, that issuance of liscences in Sindh had never completely stopped, at least 'unofficially'. Reputable dealers don't usually defraud people, if liscences are closed they will outrightly say that they can't help you.

    Members from Sindh can better guide you further.
    Last edited by malik94; 05-02-2019 at 04:06 PM.
    "morior invictus" (Death before defeat )

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by hackersid View Post
    I have heard that ban has been lifted on the issuance of new licenses in Sindh, so has anyone made new license yet or is this just news at the moment and not being implemented?

    I am a common citizen, living alone in Karachi and I would like to get a firearm for my protection. How do I get a license? I do a private job in a software house and have 0 references or source. Do I contact a firearm dealer and ask him to get me a license? are there any legit dealers who won't rip me off by issuing fake license etc ?

    I would really appreciate the help of seniors on this.

    Source : https://arynews.tv/en/shc-orders-sin...censes-policy/
    Dear brother.
    I advice you to please visit home department. Meet SO ARMS. Put your issue with him. Take along an application. Most probably he will recieve tha application and thereafter shall prepare a summry for CM SINDH. After his approval you may get the license.
    Also you can find the office workers there they can also be helpful depending upon your behavior with them.

  4. #4
    Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    17,339
    The SO Ahmed Ali Sheikh will not even give you the time of day, without the relevant contacts. At most, he wil take your name and forward the summery. And thats it. I personally know a few people from this very forum whose summaries have been with the CM since the past 5 years. They never even make it to the office. the PA will simply remove them, if he is not getting his cut.

    It might be possible to get a fresh dated computerized license on the CM's personal recommendation. The going rate was around 50k last I checked, And there is no dealer I know who will not take the money make promises and he will probebly fail to deliver.

    Its not in their hands. Its a hit or miss thing. Maybe the dealer can help you. maybe not. Mostly though, you can kiss your money good bye. Quetta issued paper lics 'may' be genuine and they cost around 30 to 35k. But again no gurentees
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    The SO Ahmed Ali Sheikh will not even give you the time of day, without the relevant contacts. At most, he wil take your name and forward the summery. And thats it. I personally know a few people from this very forum whose summaries have been with the CM since the past 5 years. They never even make it to the office. the PA will simply remove them, if he is not getting his cut.

    It might be possible to get a fresh dated computerized license on the CM's personal recommendation. The going rate was around 50k last I checked, And there is no dealer I know who will not take the money make promises and he will probebly fail to deliver.

    Its not in their hands. Its a hit or miss thing. Maybe the dealer can help you. maybe not. Mostly though, you can kiss your money good bye. Quetta issued paper lics 'may' be genuine and they cost around 30 to 35k. But again no gurentees
    Bro, what about lahore? I went to couple of dealers but both refused to take any money and told me that it's better that I apply on my own... Not sure where to start...

  6. #6
    Member Extraordinaire ajmal virk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    HafizAbad/Lahore
    Posts
    3,629
    dealers in Lahore are asking 35 to 40k for MOI and Punjab licenses yet to see a new one with anybody

  7. #7
    Member Extraordinaire shahroze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Fod Street
    Posts
    3,185
    I have seen moi license and Punjab license.
    The Punjab license was of grade 19 officer from prosecutor generals office
    Communist until you get rich; Feminist until you get married; Atheist until the airplane starts falling.

  8. #8
    Member Extraordinaire shahroze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Fod Street
    Posts
    3,185
    Bilal bahi also made some moi licenses
    You may ask him
    But they were ICT/ Punjab
    Magistrate issued.
    Communist until you get rich; Feminist until you get married; Atheist until the airplane starts falling.

  9. #9
    Supreme Member pakistanitoup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    ISB/RWP
    Posts
    2,266
    Quote Originally Posted by shahroze View Post
    Bilal bahi also made some moi licenses
    You may ask him
    But they were ICT/ Punjab
    Magistrate issued.
    who is bilal bhai on PG ?
    Keep Calm & Carry One

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •