Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Import ban

Quote Originally Posted by H Panni View Post
    Itna mat dara'en.
    This much is true that government is discouraging imports (since interim govt's time) and weboc system also tries to discourage under invoicing but wo kehte hain na ke Pakistani rasta nikal lete hain...so a suni sunai story...Once there was a man (that was absolutely positively not me) working as COO at an importer and a shipment was detained at airport and weboc option of open account was blocked by state bank to discourage under invoicing so then that person used Dubai based shipping company with a trading license who submitted under valued invoices and documents to his bank and upon receipt by Pakistani bank shipment was cleared using collection option in weboc. Then that person also guided all of the other importers in their circle to circumvent the system. But my intentions are pure and I mentioned so that some one(you?) could put a stop to it.
    I know it was not you .
    why
    Becuse you did not mentioned the customs short recovery notice which all such gentlemen received under customs section .
    We are dealing about 400 such cases .
    Remeber as per customs law in 3 years short recovery can made .
    Ok I make little easy
    A imported item on 100 Rs
    B imported same item on 120 Rs
    C Imported same item on 200 Rs
    In this case C value will be considered and all who imported on low value by using such companies will get short recovery notices .
    Yes this way will work when there is only one importer of such product .

It is not my usual way to spread suni sunai batain but since Mirza1988 has provided some detail it may be relevant. I was once told much before last elections that someone close to PTI had developed a system and software to manage weapon imports and license registration system and that it will be purchased and introduced if PTI comes to power. This could be an effort to streamline the whole process and issue new policy making use of said software.

That said I still believe there could be delays and complications due to Govt policy of discouraging imports but I hope not.
    I thing it is suni Sinai .
    Nadra is computerising all things and it is govrment institution .
    SRO has some very major flows which every one familiar with law can find these.
    It was issued by previous govrment at that time no one sure that pti will comes in power.
    Why not you read SRO . I think you will get these mistakes very easily .

well lets see, they cant certainly keep this on forever. At-most in worst case scenario till this govts tenure?
    Whats the update on new licenses? I have heard they have opened under MNA MPA quota?
    Communist until you get rich; Feminist until you get married; Atheist until the airplane starts falling.

Quote Originally Posted by MIRZA1988 View Post
    I know it was not you .
    why
    Becuse you did not mentioned the customs short recovery notice which all such gentlemen received under customs section .
    We are dealing about 400 such cases .
    Remeber as per customs law in 3 years short recovery can made .
    Ok I make little easy
    A imported item on 100 Rs
    B imported same item on 120 Rs
    C Imported same item on 200 Rs
    In this case C value will be considered and all who imported on low value by using such companies will get short recovery notices .
    Yes this way will work when there is only one importer of such product .
    Good to hear that but in many industries like fashion accessories,cosmetics. medical equipment either each importer is the sole importer/distributor of a particular brand or multiple importers of same products use same clearing agent or connivance to ensure consistency in valuation. Afghanistan tried resolving this matter by directly communicating with international manufacturers to confirm pricing. The war between authorities and business community is ever lasting.

Good to hear that but in many industries like fashion accessories,cosmetics. medical equipment either each importer is the sole importer/distributor of a particular brand or multiple importers of same products use same clearing agent or connivance to ensure consistency in valuation. Afghanistan tried resolving this matter by directly communicating with international manufacturers to confirm pricing. The war between authorities and business community is ever lasting.
    As I already stated only sole distributor will be able to do so but in their case leg pulling is also possible .This is lengthy topic . Beside this “ Khapeia “ always remain action using their tact’s of trade and connections.Sometime they fail but mostly able to deliver”.
    Things are changing .
    Wepon trade is very lucrative trade .
    We deal customs cases and every day we learn new things .
    There were about 400 importers of weapons in whole Pakistan and 90% from those sell their licenses .
    The currrent SRO alllowed every one to import . It has some major flows and beside this it bound the dealers to produce Pre shipment inspection certificate from one of the internationaly reconized firms . Mean dealers golden era of under invoicing over . This why they were against it .
    Real importers still have stock and they are selling at the prices of their own.
    This hobby is now dying .