Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ban lifted

Banned

Question Ban lifted

Salaam,to all pakguns members , i have recently heard that the weapons import ban has been lifted.I was willing to buy a Taurus Pt92 just because there was no other reputable 9 mm handgun available in the market,whereas what i really wanted to buy was a cz p09,now my question is that will this ban lift make the prices of the weapons lower and can we expect new weapons with our dealers shortly?

Source ?
    My life my rules...
    Afzaal.pg @ gmail

Banned
    forgot the site, just google it

Google says nothing new in this regards
    My life my rules...
    Afzaal.pg @ gmail

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    In a nutshell "No.. the ban has not been lifted." And it is doubtful that it will be so in the near future, as well. Considering the fact that it has been in place for many years.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    In a nutshell "No.. the ban has not been lifted." And it is doubtful that it will be so in the near future, as well. Considering the fact that it has been in place for many years.
    Gentlemen, the ban is going nowhere and even if it is lifted, the items stuck with customs will be pricey. Its simple math, these stuck items were purchased at lower USD value. Now USD is rocketing up, the question arises would our "dear" and "respected" gundealers lower the price? I wouldn't. Also, one major dealer in PEW told me that special rifles (the taboo ones!) are not being allowed by LEAs and handguns and ammo are the only items to be allowed - if ever. Also, customs has imposed demurrage on all items lying at the port of entry.
    So, even if the ban is lifted, we will pay for higher USD ratio, demurrage and profit.
    When the .45 comes out, All the Bullshit Stops!

Quote Originally Posted by AYK View Post
    Gentlemen, the ban is going nowhere and even if it is lifted, the items stuck with customs will be pricey. Its simple math, these stuck items were purchased at lower USD value. Now USD is rocketing up, the question arises would our "dear" and "respected" gundealers lower the price? I wouldn't. Also, one major dealer in PEW told me that special rifles (the taboo ones!) are not being allowed by LEAs and handguns and ammo are the only items to be allowed - if ever. Also, customs has imposed demurrage on all items lying at the port of entry.
    So, even if the ban is lifted, we will pay for higher USD ratio, demurrage and profit.
    I agree with you.

That makes sense.
    My life my rules...
    Afzaal.pg @ gmail

Banned
    there goes my chance of supposedly buying a gun cheaper in the future.

Enthusiast
    Gentlemen, the ban is going nowhere and even if it is lifted, the items stuck with customs will be pricey. Its simple math, these stuck items were purchased at lower USD value. Now USD is rocketing up, the question arises would our "dear" and "respected" gundealers lower the price? I wouldn't. Also, one major dealer in PEW told me that special rifles (the taboo ones!) are not being allowed by LEAs and handguns and ammo are the only items to be allowed - if ever. Also, customs has imposed demurrage on all items lying at the port of entry. So, even if the ban is lifted, we will pay for higher USD ratio, demurrage and profit.
    100 % correct analysis.
    Command lies with none but Allah.

Banned
    i am very curious about knowing something,howcome weapons are so cheap in kpk and balochistan whereas the same weapons are so expensive in punjab and sindh ?i mean if they had been expensive only in islamabad then i would have gotten it but why so expensive in karachi?

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nadeem kakar View Post
    i am very curious about knowing something,howcome weapons are so cheap in kpk and balochistan whereas the same weapons are so expensive in punjab and sindh ?i mean if they had been expensive only in islamabad then i would have gotten it but why so expensive in karachi?
    They are not anymore. Only .223 ammo and related stuff is slightly less expensive in Peshawar. By and large, prices have increased steadily all across the board since hte past few years.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by nadeem kakar View Post
    So many factors:
    Smuggling (cheaper cost and availability of weapons to dealer despite import ban but i hear even smuggling has mostly stopped now), lower rents, standard of living / other costs faced by Peshawar dealers and having customers who are more price sensitive.
    Punjab, Sindh dealers had to get weapons from Peshawar dealers in recent times and had to pay a little extra to middleman. They also charge more because of their higher costs, higher profit expectations and frankly because customers still end up paying what they demand.

If some of the importers do not have their money blocked in seized shipments or if Govt allows new import licenses then we have chances of comparatively cheaper rates compared to last few years. I know for a fact that some of the bigger dealers of Pindi invested their money in property business after import ban. However we can not escape from the effects of currency rates in any case.

Even our discussion is also main factor to raise prices
    Lmao
    My life my rules...
    Afzaal.pg @ gmail

Once i was arguing with dealer
    Lastly he quoted pakguns lines
    Then i was like
    My life my rules...
    Afzaal.pg @ gmail

Quote Originally Posted by Afzaal View Post
    Once i was arguing with dealer
    Lastly he quoted pakguns lines
    Then i was like

Looks like we have to go

Banned
    dear senior members after alot of thinking i have decided to go to karachi for buying a weapon i.e pistol , would you guys happen to know any reputable dealers there? the ones that have a good collection as well as in whose case i may rest assured that they wont sell me any fake stuff.

Banned
    one more thing... if i have an all pakistan licence on me can i transport my weapon myself from karachi ? i mean if on my way to qta some LEA person stops me and ask me to show a license for my gun will he accept my license? I am asking this because without a weapons entry on my license i cant register it at my local dc office and without that isnt my license useless apart from just enabling me to buy a gun?

Better to buy by E.D bro.
    My life my rules...
    Afzaal.pg @ gmail