Thread: Pet Dog

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Pet Dog

Do you have a Dog , if so what breed do u have ?

i have all many pets except a dog
    Remember the first rule of gunfighting ... have a gun.

Dog is a best pet and Germanshepherd is best suitable package.....I have always kept GSD.....now days after death of previous GSD...raising gsd pup from 21 days and now 4 months old....very naughty anf Alert...for GSD you need time space and money

Dog is a best pet and Germanshepherd is best suitable package.....I have always
    ays kept GSD.....now days after death of previous GSD ...raising GSD pup from 21 days and now 4 months old....very naughty anf Alert...for GSD you must have time money and space

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MUJ View Post
    Dog is a best pet and Germanshepherd is best suitable package.....I have always
    ays kept GSD.....now days after death of previous GSD ...raising GSD pup from 21 days and now 4 months old....very naughty anf Alert...for GSD you must have time money and space
    I like the GSD, except for the issue that it can get friendly with anyone and lose it's loyalty for a biscuit from stranger!

This is where a good breed Rottweiler is the best... Loyal till death!
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage, than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

"Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

Quote Originally Posted by AK47 View Post
    I like the GSD, except for the issue that it can get friendly with anyone and lose it's loyalty for a biscuit from stranger!

This is where a good breed Rottweiler is the best... Loyal till death!
    With due respect sir I think you are confusing lab with Gsd the above attributes are of labs. Gsd is a very versatile guard dog.
    Communist until you get rich; Feminist until you get married; Atheist until the airplane starts falling.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shahroze View Post
    With due respect sir I think you are confusing lab with Gsd the above attributes are of labs. Gsd is a very versatile guard dog.
    Lol!

Well ... I don't want to insult your choice, but I've had experience with both GSD and Rotts..

I know not much about the lab however...

But you have to keep away your GSD from interaction with the regular flow of people coming to your house... It has more of tendency to befriend than the serious nature of Rotts!

I lost one GSD this way, which was a unique dog I got from the Canadian Embassy, trained with commands in French..

It just would befriend any of the regular visitors with ease..

And it was one such visitor who finally lured it away!
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage, than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

"Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

Lord of War
    I agree with AK47 brother, I have owned GSD in past and even though they are great pet dogs but if your purpose to keep a dog for home defense / Guard dog then just Rott.....I have a Rott now, we brought him home when was 5 months old and todays its been more than a year he is with us and boy he is agressive and lethal.....only thing with Rott is they are one man dog, need proper time and trainng otherwise they wil even turn on the owner too.....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ballixd View Post
    I agree with AK47 brother, I have owned GSD in past and even though they are great pet dogs but if your purpose to keep a dog for home defense / Guard dog then just Rott.....I have a Rott now, we brought him home when was 5 months old and todays its been more than a year he is with us and boy he is agressive and lethal.....only thing with Rott is they are one man dog, need proper time and trainng otherwise they wil even turn on the owner too.....
    It depends to which extent you familiarize it... And it's aggressiveness/one— man—ship also depends bit on the bloodline... Finally there's the difference between male/female characteristics..

Mine was a female and very gentle towards all people at home.. But big NO to anyone stranger!

I therefore trained it with a special "emergency command", that would be used only in such situations... And I had to use it twice with success.. Do never keep a rott without a special command on which it leaves whatever it's doing and reverts to you...

Else there were never any issues with home inhabitants...

Thank you for sharing experience guys , please could you advice the price of a GSD / Rottweiler puppy 2 months old , and where to buy in Karachi ?

I don't have a dog as pet as i told earlier, reason being i don't have enough space at Islamabad. I had them as pets since the time i can't even recall (in black white pics as child). The one i raised were Doberman, Labrador, Hound (died as a puppy), and a local Afghani mixed breed acquired from Kochi guys. The last one refused to be trained and was one of the furious i have kept. It was dum katti mixed breed (not known by books)

GSD is messy due to its long hair. (never kept it)
    Remember the first rule of gunfighting ... have a gun.

Pointer is my all time fav pet.
    Very friendly to anyone even strangers but i don't keep pointers for HD.
    My life my rules...
    Afzaal.pg @ gmail

Yes for HD I also don't keep the pointers as they only point and nothing else.
    I keep 12gauge very loyal and obeys each command....
    Communist until you get rich; Feminist until you get married; Atheist until the airplane starts falling.