Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kumrat Valley: A Pictorial By Jibz

Kumrat Valley: A Pictorial By Jibz

It had been some time since I wanted to go to a Hill Station. Vacations are always looked forward to by me as I feel that it significantly helps in taking one’s mind off the deadly routine we go through every day. Every year I used to promise my kids and my better half but couldn't materialize the same and evidently received a cold stare (you know from whom) every time someone used to narrate their story of a visit to certain hilly area.

This time it was more like a do or die situation and I couldn't risk the shift from a Cold Stare to something more violent in nature and thus had to choose to be at some hill station one way or the other. Fortunately, while planning where to go to, a very dear acquaintance suggested Kumrat Valley. We were told that it is one of the most beautiful places and we finally decided we will be making it to Kumrat.

Kumrat Valley is located in Upper Dir District of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan on route through Sheringle. The estimated terrain elevation above sea level is about 2232 meters. Latitude: 35°31'0.01" and Longitude: 72°13'59.99"

On Friday morning, me and my gang (Two kids and their mom :P) were hell bent on reaching Kumrat. The route to Kumrat was as following. Peshawar-Chakdara- Timergara (Lowe Dir) - Upper Dir- Sheringle and finally Kumrat. We reached Sheringle in about 8 hours and we straightaway hit the river bank. The Kids played their hearts out in the cold icy water (brrrrrr..…it was really cold) and I took to shooting some snaps (shooting with a camera actually; and please read it Snaps Not Snipes, so some of you may sheath your unwarranted comments). . Here are the pictures.

The white waters of the River in Sheringle.

Check out the multi-colored rocks in the background

Stay tuned for more....

After spending the night in Sheringal we moved forward to Kumrat which was another 4 hour journey. Please note that it is a must that the people who impart on the journey to this area should have a 4x4 Hilux or a Jeep. If these are not available then your choice of vehicle should be a Mitsubishi Lancer and the driver should be Jibz. YES, you read that right; we went all the way up to Kumrat in a vehicle which is not at all meant for these terrains and except a blown up muffler and some tweaks here and there in the suspension, not a single other problem emerged in my car. Lancer Rocks . By the way, I mastered my skills of Off-Roading on these roads. lol

Now, imagine the worst possible road and multiply that by 10, No wait, imagine No Road and multiply that by 10; and on top of all that a strenuous 6 hours journey on that track. It was horrible, but worth every moment.

This is a picture of the valley on route to Kumrat.

A water fall and cultivation fields sowed in steps...

Member Extraordinaire ajmal virk's Avatar
    jibz brother really nice snaps and thanks for information related to vehicle and availability of educated and gunlover driver that too FOC.

Some more pictures on the way to Kumrat Valley.

Mountainous Range- On Route To Kumrat Valley

Simple yet beautifully made houses.....

Two Tone Waters -On Route to Kumrat Valley.........

Small Hydroelectric Plants which locals have installed- On Route To Kumrat
    Last edited by Jibz; 11-08-2014 at 06:46 PM.

Cabbage Fields- On Route to Kumrat

After travelling for 4 hours, we reached Kumrat and the joy of being there was worth every bump in the road. Kumrat is almost 15-18 Km long valley and we only touched the first few kms. I was told that the deeper you go into the valley the more it becomes beautiful. However, I didn't have the heart to take my beloved car any further; the torcher it had born was more than enough. I promised myself that next year I will be coming back to this heaven-on-earth again and in a 4x4 Jeep, InshAllah. Here are the pics of the valley itself.

Blue Water Streams In Kumrat Valley

A Several Kilometer Long Jungle In Kumrat Valley

Even the tree stumps were beautiful. hahahah

Jibz; Making Kumrat Look Better

Last edited by Jibz; 11-08-2014 at 07:03 PM.

Trying to show off my photography skills... :P

Miles and Miles of Jungle - Kumrat Valley

There were countless small streams in the valley passing by the trees and the dense vegetation....

Last edited by Jibz; 11-08-2014 at 07:10 PM.

Have You Seen Any Place More Beautiful Than This.... I Haven't At Least :P

The color of the water was teal blue, simply amazing and breathtaking.
    Last edited by Jibz; 11-08-2014 at 07:14 PM.

Jibz; Still Making Kumrat Look Better... lol
    Last edited by Jibz; 11-08-2014 at 07:16 PM.

I forgot to mention earlier that during the devastating floods of 2010, Sheringal sustained heavy damages. I was informed that the water levels were as high as 60 feet. (A roughly estimated point is specified in the picture). Now Imagine a 2-3 km wide pass where the water levels rise as high as 60 feet. I am sure the scene and the prevailing fear must have been like the day of the judgement.

Last edited by Jibz; 11-08-2014 at 07:26 PM.

a very beautiful trip sir loved it and waiting for more pics may be i should share my chitral trip here too :P and i guess im not the only person who has tortured his low road clearance car on an off road trip. And for all those who intend to undertake your journey i can offer my services as a driver but u need to get the 4x4. i cant abuse my car further
    Before you embark on a journey of Revenge, dig two graves - Confucius (504 BC)
    102nd Chairborne Rangers, Special Forums Operator Delta, The Keyboard Commandos

Quote Originally Posted by Jibz View Post
    [B]Jibz; Making Kumrat Look Better
    Nice attempt sir :P

Quote Originally Posted by ajmal virk View Post
    jibz brother really nice snaps and thanks for information related to vehicle and availability of educated and gunlover driver that too FOC.
    lol. Yes my dear AV, this skilled driver is at your service.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraz View Post
    a very beautiful trip sir loved it and waiting for more pics may be i should share my chitral trip here too :P and i guess im not the only person who has tortured his low road clearance car on an off road trip. And for all those who intend to undertake your journey i can offer my services as a driver but u need to get the 4x4. i cant abuse my car further
    Oh yes, please do so. It was really fun reading it and I am sure we would get some good advises from other fellow members as to what to do and what not to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraz View Post
    Nice attempt sir :P
    Attempt!!!!! Did you say attempt? Really???

Blog Entries
    Simply Beautiful; really am speechless; just praying for a chance to see these heavenly streams, blue waters, magnanimous trees.....
    How was weather like in Kumrat?
    Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibz View Post
    lol. Yes my dear AV, this skilled driver is at your service.

Oh yes, please do so. It was really fun reading it and I am sure we would get some good advises from other fellow members as to what to do and what not to do.

Attempt!!!!! Did you say attempt? Really???
    yes and a good one at best :P

Great pics bro and the is just wow... Speechless, I my self am a big tourism buff. Cant spend a single year without a couple of road trips. So what is the accommodation facilities available in the area?
    If God didn't want us to have GUNS, He wouldn't have given us GUN fingers...

Supreme Member
    I eespecially like the picture of the two toned waters, that must be beautiful to see in real life!

The man who fears no truth has nothing to fear from lies.
    (Thomas Jefferson)

Quote Originally Posted by Denovo87 View Post
    Simply Beautiful; really am speechless; just praying for a chance to see these heavenly streams, blue waters, magnanimous trees.....
    How was weather like in Kumrat?
    Sir, believe me, the pictures are not doing justice to the actual beauty of the place. Very correctly stated by you on the phone that I had the opportunity to absorb the beauty of that place with all the 5 senses. It was an experience which I would remember for quite a long time. lol. As I spent very little time there so based on what I got to hear from the locals the real cold weather starts in mid September and by the end of December it snows which lasts till Late March. During that little time I spent there, at day time it was sunny and temperatures were like 24-27C and at night we had to use a blanket.
    Another thing I need to mention is that I got mild sunburns on my right arm so taking along a sun-block cream may be a good idea. .

Amazing. Very beautiful place. Where did you stay the night in Sheringal ? Someone's home ?
    "One eye man a king in blind man country"
    No matter how bad your situation seems, there is always another for whom things are worse.

I know Jibz Sir its an awesome place to go. But you left the heaven after Kumrat valley (Jahaz or Jaaz banda) correct me if i am wrong. A must place to go, it is accessible through 10km track which is more fun. You should see the other side of the world lolz

Anyway going on 14th Aug with family, Insha Allah. I have access to SBBU Sheringal guest houses in Kumrat, Jaaz banda etc with real beautiful surroundings lol

Nice trip Sir