Thread: Locally Made 5.56mm bolt action rifles

Enthusiast

Locally Made 5.56mm bolt action rifles

Hello Gentlemen,

Good evening! It has been a while since I pestered this august forum with a query, but pester I must, especially those who are in the know. I have heard that they are 5.56mm bolt action rifles being made in Darra, using both local barrels and actions and also imported ones, scavenged from ex-military weapons. Is this true? Has anyone used these rifles? Are they any good?

I did not expect this from you.
    Communist until you get rich; Feminist until you get married; Atheist until the airplane starts falling.

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Turumti View Post
    Hello Gentlemen,

Good evening! It has been a while since I pestered this august forum with a query, but pester I must, especially those who are in the know. I have heard that they are 5.56mm bolt action rifles being made in Darra, using both local barrels and actions and also imported ones, scavenged from ex-military weapons. Is this true? Has anyone used these rifles? Are they any good?

I saw a few vids and pictures that a manufectere sent. He detailed the process in which he was making em. they were available in both .308 as well as .556 configerations. However when he sent the shooting videos. their accuracy left a lot to be desired. Considering that he was shooting from 25 yards or so.

However, I am sure that if they were to use original imported barrels. they can do a whole lot better.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Expert Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Turumti View Post
    Hello Gentlemen,

Had 2 308 made by mating old action & MG barrel, both were fair shooter I may say 2 to 3 MOA with surplus ammo. Its good enough for hunting purposes. Sold both.

Recently saw a 223 built on same principal & found it 2MOA rifle easily but as small actions are not as much common so I am assuming they use local action & it had many feeding & extracting problems.