Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please help me choose a pistol. CZ p07 vs Steyr M9A1

Please help me choose a pistol. CZ p07 vs Steyr M9A1

Hi,

New to this forum. In the market for a 9mm pistol. Visited a few dealers and narrowed down to these two.

-CZ P07
    -Steyr M9A1

Primary use will be to carry in the car. Occasional concealed carry.

Hoping to hear from the experienced members here on which is a better gun and why. Would appreciate your precious input.

Also would like to add that price difference between the two is insignificant (at least for my purpose) and so please do not factor that.

Thanks
    Last edited by hussain182; 05-11-2018 at 01:53 AM.

Steyr.
    When a glock grows up it becomes a steyr.
    Communist until you get rich; Feminist until you get married; Atheist until the airplane starts falling.

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hussain182 View Post
    Hi,

New to this forum. In the market for a 9mm pistol. Visited a few dealers and narrowed down to these two.

-CZ P07
    -Steyr M9A1

Primary use will be to carry in the car. Occasional concealed carry.

Hoping to hear from the experienced members here on which is a better gun and why. Would appreciate your precious input.

Also would like to add that price difference between the two is insignificant (at least for my purpose) and so please do not factor that.

Thanks
    I am curious to know, why you have settled on these two exclusively?
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    I am curious to know, why you have settled on these two exclusively?
    CZ mostly because of the the good reviews on here and elsewhere and popularity. ( although iíll admit it failed to impress much in person)

And the Steyr I really liked when I saw.

But I havent shot either gun hence looking for advice.

Also please do suggest any others you may have in mind under 3 lakh.

Admittedly am biased towards european makes especially if the price difference is not THAT much. And the market seems to be weird right now the Ďcheapí guns are not really cheap either.

My personal experience with the duty has not been staller to begin with. Once I loaded a round in the mag and it refused to come up.. In an SD situation .. not good. And once i saw one whose trigger broke after a few rounds were fired. The CZ 75 however is a an entirely different kettle of wish. And especially its younger brother the CZ 75 compact. Duties were always cheaper then their 75 counterparts. So paying so much when you can get a CZ 75 for the same amount does not make sense to me.

As for styer. I am afraid i have no personal experience with the weapon so cant really say.
    Last edited by Enigmatic Desires; 06-11-2018 at 09:56 AM.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Blog Entries
    The experience that ED bro talks about above are exceptionally rare happenings with CZ PO7 Duty... Although I agree that the CZ-75 traditional versions are certainly preferred over the Duty..

As for Steyr, I'm sure you got immensely attracted to the thing wrt to gripping comfort... It's exclusive indeed wrt to feel at hands... However, the trigger is not much to boast about..

Personally, I'd suggest neither....if you can't find a compact version CZ-75 or PO-1, I'd suggest from best experience to find a Canik55 compact in stainless steel, like the C100 or Shark model and find your peace... It will be a 120K affair and peace like having an original CZ, almost..

Else pick a Steyr if you like it and don't want to spend more for a Glock..

@Shahroze.... The Glock has "grown up" bro, now let's try to "customize" it a bit, just try for a simple holster, sights, extra mag, etc...Lol!
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage, than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

"Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

@Ak47 Boss
    Can't argue with you Sire.
    Side note. I was never fond of glocks. Or any striker fired handgun.
    Communist until you get rich; Feminist until you get married; Atheist until the airplane starts falling.

I concur with the assessment. I am just naturally biased against weapons that dont have a nice big hammer to beat the living hell out of even the most stubborn primers.

Waisay, The Kilinic 2000 light is also a really decent handgun. I helped the good Deathrow get one .. He loved it. then the Good Kalimi . He loved it. Then the good Eddie He loved it.. He sold it to the good Genius manic who loves it. And finally another freind who also loves it. Not quite the same league as a CZ 75 , of course. But for its price range (125k in khi). A jolly decent buy.

(P.S On a personal note, I dont love it. Since its slide serrations are a bit too thin for my liking.)

Thank you all for sharing your wisdom. Have a lot to learn from you guys.

So I see there seems to be consensus on the CZ 75. I will try to find it in the market and take a look at it in person. If anybody knows about price and availability with a particular dealer in Lahore would appreciate if you could share.

@AK47 You are right the grip was fantastic on the Steyr and is a also the reason I am more inclined towards polymer pistols in general. But also build-quality seemed (at least to my eye) really good compared to the P07.

@ Enigmatic Desires Ideally i would also prefer a hammer and a SA trigger.

Also would like to hear your opinion of the Canik Tp9. Should I consider it?
    Last edited by hussain182; 06-11-2018 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hussain182 View Post
    Thank you all for sharing your wisdom. Have a lot to learn from you guys.

So I see there seems to be consensus on the CZ 75. I will try to find it in the market and take a look at it in person. If anybody knows about price and availability with a particular dealer in Lahore would appreciate if you could share.

@AK47 You are right the grip was fantastic on the Steyr and is a also the reason I am more inclined towards polymer pistols in general. But also build-quality seemed (at least to my eye) really good compared to the P07.

@ Enigmatic Desires Ideally i would also prefer a hammer and a SA trigger.

Also would like to hear your opinion of the Canik Tp9. Should I consider it?
    A hammer and an SA confieration. Hmm. That would be the 1911 series of pistols, The browning hi-power and of course the ubiquitous TT. Most modern desires are DA or SA/DA and sometimes DAO.

As for the TP 9. Its very light. When I shot it. She was jumping all over the place in my hand. Fellow member Ashes had one as his first piece. He shot it expensively. The striker's spring became weak. He sold it.

But the TP 9 reminds me of the whole ST 9 fiasco. They had weak strike issues and were all recalled here. The new ones however, fared marginally better.
    A couple of months back at the ASCC shooting range in Karachi me and deathblow and a few others encountered an nib Salsilmarz ST 9. Not a POF marked one, mind you. but a full on Turkish markings one.

It was as brand new as it can get. The dude had purchased it and had come to try her out for the first time.
    Only it did not shoot. .. The man paid around 125k if I recollect correctly and it refused to shoot. either POF or China 311. It would get a shot off. and pfft.. Weak primer strikes. He looked really disappointed.

Akhtar bhai the range master asked us if he could borrow our guns after he saw the man's wife pleading with the gun "Please chal jao naa" (please shoot.. will you).

The same ammo fired without a hitch on Deathrow's "Salsilmarz" Klinic 2000.

My takeaway from the whole episode. Why go for a striker when you have can have a hammer?

Blog Entries
    Shahroze... Lol!

I can beat neither you nor ED bro on how to be "picky choosers".. Lol!

I agree with you both, that there's nothing like a "HAMMER FALLING" in this world... Lolz!

BUT!

Come and beat me with my ZEV Fulcrum equipped G-19 - or any stock Glock trigger/striker - anywhere, anytime, any primer/ammo, and take along with you the heaviest of sledge hammers that you have... Lolz!

Glock striker, I'd bet my life on!

No.... Neither any Taurus, nor TP's of any sort!
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage, than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

"Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

Quote Originally Posted by AK47 View Post
    Shahroze... Lol!

I can beat neither you nor ED bro on how to be "picky choosers".. Lol!

I agree with you both, that there's nothing like a "HAMMER FALLING" in this world... Lolz!

BUT!

Come and beat me with my ZEV Fulcrum equipped G-19 - or any stock Glock trigger/striker - anywhere, anytime, any primer/ammo, and take along with you the heaviest of sledge hammers that you have... Lolz!

Glock striker, I'd bet my life on!

No.... Neither any Taurus, nor TP's of any sort!
    Ooooh.. That reminds me. AK 47, did'nt you have one as well the Salsilmarz Kilinic 2000 light?

As for the Glock... A real Glock GLock instead of a Plock Glock. One does not compare those with the TP 9 and the ST 9 pistols of the world..

The good people making GLock GLocks know how to do a striker spring better than just about anyone else around..

Blog Entries
    Ooooh.. That reminds me. AK 47, did'nt you have one as well the Salsilmarz Kilinic 2000 light?

As for the Glock... A real Glock GLock instead of a Plock Glock. One does not compare those with the TP 9 and the ST 9 pistols of the world..

The good people making GLock GLocks know how to do a striker spring better than just about anyone else around..
    Ed bro... Righto!

I had a very intimate affair, kind of love at first sight with the Kilinc 2000L!

Those were pre - CZ days and I released it only after CZ entered our markets..

My impression is that of ALL the clones of the 75B series, Sarsilmaz Kilinc is the one that's the closest to being an original... Well... A bit daring to say, but even better than original wrt internal finishing!

Rest... I agree wit you regarding Glocks and Plocks!

These days people are going crazy about the Plocks, as if a 20K affair could give the pleasure of a 400K one!

You could always get a look—alike mask of "Sunny L" you know, to "throw over" and let the imaginative powers do the rest for the buck.. Lol!
    Last edited by AK47; 10-11-2018 at 05:18 PM.

Ed bro... Righto!

These days people are going crazy about the Plocks, as if a 20K affair could give the pleasure of a 400K one!

What will you say about the Plocks with "Zev Fulcrum"..?? 8-) 8-)
    Never Advice Good Advice ---- Someone Might Take It

Ed bro... Righto!

I had a very intimate affair, kind of love at first sight with the Kilinc 2000L!

Those were pre - CZ days and I released it only after CZ entered our markets..

My impression is that of ALL the clones of the 75B series, Sarsilmaz Kilinc is the one that's the closest to being an original... Well... A bit daring to say, but even better than original wrt internal finishing!

You could always get a look—alike mask of "Sunny L" you know, to "throw over" and let the imaginative powers do the rest for the buck.. Lol!

After reading your review on the Kilinic, I did my own research and prevailed on Deathrow to get one in lieu of the Canik L120 which he wanted to buy. And once we tried her out at the range, the rest as that old hecknayed cliche goes.. is history.. Now many of us sport a K 2000 light. Albeit, the only ones that ever made it to Karachi were black ones.

Speaking of plocks, I might get a G (sorry P) 26. For kicks

Quote Originally Posted by Saad4k View Post
    We...ellll my imagination is subject to censoring ..

Suffice to say, that its all well and good to put a 7 series BMW engine in a Mehran or vice versa. (stress on 'vice') but why woulod you want to do that..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Saad4k View Post
    Nope!

Wouldn't ever advise that.. For 2 reasons :

1) Spending around 50 to 60K for the Zev on a 20-30K outfit seems pretty odd.... You could then go on and put in a Lone Wolf barrel, OEM guide rod, springs, etc, and end up in the 200K or so budget and still only have a "Plock"...

2) I doubt that OEM, or Zev trigger assembly would be 100 percent "drop in", for flawless functioning... Trigger units require hair-thin correct fittings to perform..

If there's ONE gun in which I could/would suggest OEM parts into local frame, it's Beretta 92 series.... Lots of OEM parts available and reasonably priced..

Moreover...it's hammer-fired mechanism, requiring less of perfection efforts for functioning viz a viz striker fired..

I mean... Just to have a "Peretta".. Lol!

Blog Entries
    After reading your review on the Kilinic, I did my own research and prevailed on Deathrow to get one in lieu of the Canik L120 which he wanted to buy. And once we tried her out at the range, the rest as that old hecknayed cliche goes.. is history.. Now many of us sport a K 2000 light. Albeit, the only ones that ever made it to Karachi were black ones.

Speaking of plocks, I might get a G (sorry P) 26. For kicks
    Well.... Good. You guys took a model while it was still available... It's one helluva clone indeed!

Rest... Best luck with the "P" series 26...let us hear!

Yes.. I want to check and see how she performs.. if I am not waylaid by a CF mini that is.. A mini goes for 55 to 60k used in khi and the A plus grade plock 26 goes for 45 at RAC.