Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: new handgun

  1. #1

    new handgun

    Assalam o alaikum dear members...i am new to Pakguns.com...so i donít know much about posting something in a right place/thread...
    i have a simple question from senior members...
    i have made Computarized All Pakistan Licence for 9mm, though i havenít bought gun now...
    so i want to get some knowledge about buying a 9mm foreign made gun, which one is best and light weighted...and what about weapon number, new weapons has got number on it or i have to give it a number mentioned in my licence...totally confused
    kindly enlighten me
    regards and thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Al Ain UAE
    Posts
    583
    Number on the weapon will be enter on your licence , foreign made weapon import is ban, when it will open? we are waiting from many years, now foreign made weapon are like a gold 100% to 200% higher then 4 or 5yrs before so I advice you to buy local make gun after some practising on it then you can change but now changing weapon on computerized licence is very long procedure

  3. #3
    Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    16,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali Shan Khan View Post
    Assalam o alaikum dear members...i am new to Pakguns.com...so i don’t know much about posting something in a right place/thread...
    i have a simple question from senior members...
    i have made Computarized All Pakistan Licence for 9mm, though i haven’t bought gun now...
    so i want to get some knowledge about buying a 9mm foreign made gun, which one is best and light weighted...and what about weapon number, new weapons has got number on it or i have to give it a number mentioned in my licence...totally confused
    kindly enlighten me
    regards and thanks in advance
    That depends on which license is it? If its MOI then you have a demand note right? In which case once you buy the weapon i would advise to keep it for ever and anon. Since its not easy to change weapons on an MOI card.

    If its Sindh, then its a book and you can easily change it whenever you like. Lately I have helped a lot of members buy local guns. Unfortunately.. the results left a lot to be desired. Some of em were inaccurate, the extractors broke. the guns froze. In short, if you have budget go for an imported piece.

    Yes imports have been banned past 5 years so prices are high .... Your best bet in terms of both light and reliable woul dbe the NP 42 (full size) or the NP 42 mini (sub compact) .

    Loaded chamber indicator, decocker, manual safety, light waight, accessory rail comes with spare parts in case things break. Mags are really easy to load (You just push the rounds in AK style) The comact is very small very light and has 7 rounds.. The full size is bigger and olds 15 rounds in mag.

    Price in Karachi was 100k
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    That depends on which license is it? If its MOI then you have a demand note right? In which case once you buy the weapon i would advise to keep it for ever and anon. Since its not easy to change weapons on an MOI card.

    If its Sindh, then its a book and you can easily change it whenever you like. Lately I have helped a lot of members buy local guns. Unfortunately.. the results left a lot to be desired. Some of em were inaccurate, the extractors broke. the guns froze. In short, if you have budget go for an imported piece.

    Yes imports have been banned past 5 years so prices are high .... Your best bet in terms of both light and reliable woul dbe the NP 42 (full size) or the NP 42 mini (sub compact) .

    Loaded chamber indicator, decocker, manual safety, light waight, accessory rail comes with spare parts in case things break. Mags are really easy to load (You just push the rounds in AK style) The comact is very small very light and has 7 rounds.. The full size is bigger and olds 15 rounds in mag.

    Price in Karachi was 100k

    itís All Pakistan licence issued by Home and tribal affairs department KPK...i had some refernece there so i got my licence within one hour setting there filled my form and gave him 2 pix...and he gave me computarised card within hour...i am a govt servant myself so itís renewal is also free...
    but the main thing is weapon number
    if i buy foreign made weapon and temper itís number and put the number of my licence card on that pistol
    then is it right???
    thanks

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by alabidshah View Post
    Number on the weapon will be enter on your licence , foreign made weapon import is ban, when it will open? we are waiting from many years, now foreign made weapon are like a gold 100% to 200% higher then 4 or 5yrs before so I advice you to buy local make gun after some practising on it then you can change but now changing weapon on computerized licence is very long procedure
    if i buy foreign made gun and temper itís number and put my licenceís number on it..is it right?

  6. #6
    Member Extraordinaire FA226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    3,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali Shan Khan View Post
    if i buy foreign made gun and temper it’s number and put my licence’s number on it..is it right?
    It's a very bad idea to temper the number its illegal so you might get in trouble if it gets noticed and even it's done the way no one can judge still your gun will lose its value.
    I could understand it if you do this with MOI card license but kpk they do allow weapon change on their card licence.so just submit a weapon change application and get a new demand note.

  7. #7
    Supreme Member pakistanitoup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    ISB/RWP
    Posts
    2,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali Shan Khan View Post
    if i buy foreign made gun and temper itís number and put my licenceís number on it..is it right?
    Give it to a dealer. he will replace the number for max 1k. no need to temper it unless its a MOI on which weapon change is a pain.
    Keep Calm & Carry One

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Al Ain UAE
    Posts
    583
    Ali Shah Sahib I not understand why you want to temper the number? if you buy from dealer through proper channel he will do every thing for you, if that gun already with you without any paper then again I will advice you contact dealer they know the way to make legal paper

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by alabidshah View Post
    Ali Shah Sahib I not understand why you want to temper the number? if you buy from dealer through proper channel he will do every thing for you, if that gun already with you without any paper then again I will advice you contact dealer they know the way to make legal paper
    bro because i made licence without any gun and they added a random number..now i am confused...do foreign guns have numbers on them??? My licence has a number and now i want to place it on my new gun
    Last edited by Ali Shan Khan; 13-09-2018 at 10:13 PM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by FA226 View Post
    It's a very bad idea to temper the number its illegal so you might get in trouble if it gets noticed and even it's done the way no one can judge still your gun will lose its value.
    I could understand it if you do this with MOI card license but kpk they do allow weapon change on their card licence.so just submit a weapon change application and get a new demand note.
    yes but i donít want to go for weapon change and tempering is illegal ??

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Al Ain UAE
    Posts
    583
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali Shan Khan View Post
    bro because i made licence without any gun and they added a random number..now i am confused...do are foreign guns have numbers on them??? My licence has a number and now i want to place it on my new gun
    Well Bro. as I am living abroad from long time I am like stranger in my own home land I made my 2 licence in 1984 and 2nd in 1985 I got paper licence from home department that time we have to purchase weapon within 1month or 3 months period I not remember now, I purchased 12gaDB from Vulcan the mall Lahore he put the gun number on that lic. paper and from there I went straight away to District court to weapon section and registered my gun number there they put entry in front of me on huge register then on footpath people sitting he made my lic.paper in a booklit that's all

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Al Ain UAE
    Posts
    583
    Bro. Ali I think you are confuse of licence number? licence number is different thing and weapon number is different thing, every licence have its number it has no concern with weapon number, how they put weapon number on licence from their side without weapon, some weapon number start with alphabets like A or B

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by alabidshah View Post
    Bro. Ali I think you are confuse of licence number? licence number is different thing and weapon number is different thing, every licence have its number it has no concern with weapon number, how they put weapon number on licence from their side without weapon, some weapon number start with alphabets like A or B
    No dear i am asking about weapon number...i don't have weapon now and i will buy it in near future,,,then what i have to do? because on my licence the weapon number is just a 4 digits number they have put on it as i hadn't purchased gun that time...now i came to know from this forum that weapon has it's number on it, you have to put that on licence...which will be a long game....that's i don't want to do...so my simple question is that can i temper the weapon?? is it illegal ?? (q k licence banaty waqt gun ka hona zarori hai jo k mery pas nahe te...home dpt k official ny khud sy farzi number licence py dala hai...ab postol k number ko temper kr k weapon number jo card py hai wo pistol py lagau ???)

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Al Ain UAE
    Posts
    583
    Before Services officer can keep one handgun with out Licence I think this law still exist, so if they like they can make licence and enter the same gun number in it may be they thought you have gun, you better consult with any gun dealer, I will advice you don't do any tempering in gun or in papers
    Last edited by alabidshah; 15-09-2018 at 08:19 PM.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by alabidshah View Post
    Before Services officer can keep one handgun with out Licence I think this law still exist, so if they like they can make licence and enter the same gun number in it, you better consult with any gun dealer, I will advice you don't do any tempering in gun
    okay dear i will meet with some gun dealer

  16. #16
    PakGuns Elite! AK47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    ALL PAKISTAN
    Posts
    6,818
    Blog Entries
    2
    You're way too confused... Let me make it short and easy for you. :

    The office you got your license from has a form for "weapon sale/ change" .... Take that form from that office, if you don't already have.. It's for free...Dealers also have this form, so you may not even need to go to the license office...

    Now go to any good gun dealer... Choose your new weapon.. Ask him to put it's number on the form and fill the form for you...

    Now go back to the license office.. Give them your license and this form...

    They will issue you a new card with new weapon number, as filled on the paper by your dealer.. Simple...

    You're making things needlessly complicated for yourself with tamperings, etc,when above procedure is simple, easy, legal!

    Btw... Imported weapons rarely if ever have 4 digits... So don't even think of tampering number..

    Buy a gun that suits your budget...

    If you can afford 450K and if you know how to handle weapons without stupid safeties, buy a Glock 19... It's light.. It's Gud..

    No imported Handgun apart from Chinese will be available to you below 150K...

    Best luck...
    Last edited by AK47; 14-09-2018 at 10:00 PM.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage, than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

    "Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47 View Post
    You're way too confused... Let me make it short and easy for you. :

    The office you got your license from has a form for "weapon sale/ change" .... Take that form from that office, if you don't already have.. It's for free...Dealers also have this form, so you may not even need to go to the license office...

    Now go to any good gun dealer... Choose your new weapon.. Ask him to put it's number on the form and fill the form for you...

    Now go back to the license office.. Give them your license and this form...

    They will issue you a new card with new weapon number, as filled on the paper by your dealer.. Simple...

    You're making things needlessly complicated for yourself with tamperings, etc,when above procedure is simple, easy, legal!

    Btw... Imported weapons rarely if ever have 4 digits... So don't even think of tampering number..

    Buy a gun that suits your budget...

    If you can afford 450K and if you know how to handle weapons without stupid safeties, buy a Glock 19... It's light.. It's Gud..

    No imported Handgun apart from Chinese will be available to you below 150K...

    Best luck...
    Thank you so much dear,,,,you have explained it briefly....i will do exactly the same you have told me to do so,,,
    one more thing...imported guns have number more than 4 digits ??? then what should we do ? licence form has only 4 digits block

  18. #18
    PakGuns Elite! AK47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    ALL PAKISTAN
    Posts
    6,818
    Blog Entries
    2
    Leave it to the dealer... He will handle this, no matter how many digits... He shall fill it and the office will accept it..

    If you're in Peshawar, try to find Fazal Jan at Hastnagri, or Mazhar at National Arms,opposite Amin Hotel, well almost opposite..
    Good people who can handle your matter...
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage, than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

    "Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47 View Post
    Leave it to the dealer... He will handle this, no matter how many digits... He shall fill it and the office will accept it..

    If you're in Peshawar, try to find Fazal Jan at Hastnagri, or Mazhar at National Arms,opposite Amin Hotel, well almost opposite..
    Good people who can handle your matter...

    Thankyou so much for your help

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •