Thread: Carrying a Shotgun in Karachi

Carrying a Shotgun in Karachi

Salam all members

Wanted to know if we can carry a shotgun in karachi in two scenarios:

1- In trunk with carts in tube
    2- Back seat with carts in tube

Wanted to know rule of carry under both situations and is there any permit or legal requirement to be fulfilled. Ofcourse it will be a licenced weapon.

How will LEAs react or can demand any permit etc.?

Regards

Wassalaam

in karachi you need a carry permit issued by Home departments coz there is sec 144 imposed all year.

stay safe
    Keep Calm & Carry One

Quote Originally Posted by pakistanitoup View Post
    Wassalaam

in karachi you need a carry permit issued by Home departments coz there is sec 144 imposed all year.

stay safe

OK. Thanks

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Wassalaam

stay safe
    Hanh Hanh bilkul Bilkul (Yes Yes definitely definitely) ^

They only ask for the carry permit. If you dont have it you are in trouble. the licnese comes afterwords.. It does not matter which weapon you have on you
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    Hanh Hanh bilkul Bilkul (Yes Yes definitely definitely) ^

They only ask for the carry permit. If you dont have it you are in trouble. the licnese comes afterwords.. It does not matter which weapon you have on you
    Carry Permit is nothing but a drama of the Home Department babus. It has no validity in the eyes of the law. The only relevant permit is the licence and the Section 144 permit. If you have a valid shooting licence issued by the Wildlife Department, then you do not need a Section 144 permit as long as the gun is disassembled and has no live rounds either in the chamber or in the magazine. This latter fact is not known to many LEA personnel, so no need to wisen them. There is a Sindh High Court ruling pertaining to the carriage of hunting shotguns.

Quote Originally Posted by Turumti View Post
    Carry Permit is nothing but a drama of the Home Department babus. It has no validity in the eyes of the law. The only relevant permit is the licence and the Section 144 permit. If you have a valid shooting licence issued by the Wildlife Department, then you do not need a Section 144 permit as long as the gun is disassembled and has no live rounds either in the chamber or in the magazine. This latter fact is not known to many LEA personnel, so no need to wisen them. There is a Sindh High Court ruling pertaining to the carriage of hunting shotguns.

carry permit= Sec 144 permit.
    same thing.
    Keep Calm & Carry One

carry permit= Sec 144 permit.
    same thing.
    That.. is what I meant ..
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Thanks

This is a dilemma!! Our LEAs dont know the law or they dont want to know. Pathetic, absurd and crazy. We poor citizens have no voice.

Enthusiast
    On one occasion, during Rangers checking, the warranty card of AGS battery was deemed sufficient. Best to keep your toys concealed.

On one occasion, during Rangers checking, the warranty card of AGS battery was deemed sufficient. Best to keep your toys concealed.
    What, What .. what? Did I read this one right?

Enthusiast
    What, What .. what? Did I read this one right?
    Yes you read it right!

Yes you read it right!
    Oh dear.. I have Exide.. I wonder if I should get my Battery changed. to AGS.. :.

Oh dear.. I have Exide.. I wonder if I should get my Battery changed. to AGS.. :.
    seems worth trying
    Keep Calm & Carry One