Thread: Winchester .22 model 190 at 25k

Winchester .22 model 190 at 25k

I have came across this gun. Condition is very good only installment of hooks for sling has been done. And little rust in bore, finish and stock is still in good condition, receiver is aluminium . Plz tell me should i buy it ?

Blog Entries
    Rust in bore seems something to worry about. Try cleaning the barrel if rust goes off leaving shinny clean rifling & chamber you are having a good deal. You will be having an inaccurate riffle in case there's pitting visible after cleaning off the rust.
    Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.

Rora, its a good deal.. I also second;; Denovo87 brother. If you don't need it, give me your last interest.... on khalidk.khalilGMail. I will grab it.... The last days of Ramzan Mubarak are glorious ... good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Khalil View Post
    Rora, its a good deal.. I also second;; Denovo87 brother. If you don't need it, give me your last interest.... on khalidk.khalilGMail. I will grab it.... The last days of Ramzan Mubarak are glorious ... good luck.
    Thank you mashra, i am going to do exactly what denovo sir said, i am going to get it now, i will upload some pics if i got it. InshAllah

Quote Originally Posted by Denovo87 View Post
    Rust in bore seems something to worry about. Try cleaning the barrel if rust goes off leaving shinny clean rifling & chamber you are having a good deal. You will be having an inaccurate riffle in case there's pitting visible after cleaning off the rust.
    Thank u sir i was waiting for such valuable comment. I am going to do the same

Expert Member
    I had one for like 15 years, good rifle but start jamming after 50 rounds. Have to keep squeaky clean for reliability. Barrel Nut loosing is a common problem but you can find tons of videos on youtube to fix it. Nice little rifle which needs some extra care.

Got it, there was no rust in the bore it was just dust. Trying to upload pictures

Quote Originally Posted by AK47-Topak View Post
    Got it, there was no rust in the bore it was just dust. Trying to upload pictures
    Congratulation bro.it looks cool.

Good to go now.... Congratulations lad...

I have an original Winchester 190 .22. It is all steel , not aluminium, and the stock and fore end have a checkering impressed in the wood which is different in your rifle. The barrel and real sight on your rifle is exactly as mine.
    I picked it up from a gun shop on a whim, as I did not like the weight of the HK semi auto also available then. This was half the price and very light so bought it.
    Its not something one can love but whenever pests and strays need dispatching, its a convenient instrument of first choice over a CZ 452. I think it is not a very reliable weapon and is fussy on chambering cheaper ammo. I had the gunsmith hone the chamber and its been ok since then.