Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Can i get ICT license ?

Rookie
    All Pakistan 200 bullets entry in post office and noc etc.
    But can you guide me about carry permit please

Quote Originally Posted by Zafar iqbal 2477 View Post
    All Pakistan 200 bullets entry in post office and noc etc.
    But can you guide me about carry permit please
    Bro, I have got no Idea. There was some news that Punjab govt has revoked it's previous provisions, which had restricted the carrying of firearms. But I was wondering if for instance, wouldn't someone be allowed to carry a weapon if it was on an MOI liscence. Similarly, the governments of other provinces also issue All-Pak liscences, aren't weapons on them, elligible to be carried, in Punjab. Even Islamabad d.c office liscences are also valid for Punjab.

But the notification also mentions that weapons on only 'computerized' liscences are allowed to be carried. As far as I have heard, the computerization process, hasn't started in Balochistan, yet.
    Last edited by malik94; 12-05-2019 at 08:00 AM.
    "morior invictus" (Death before defeat )

Didn't you get a KP liscence made recently ?

Rookie
    Asking me sir ??
    No

I can't access the forum, using proxy to login.
    Communist until you get rich; Feminist until you get married; Atheist until the airplane starts falling.

Asking me sir ??
    No
    Yes I was asking you, also KP now only issues computerized liscences from most districts.

Quote Originally Posted by shahroze View Post
    I can't access the forum, using proxy to login.
    Same here, It's PTA's doing.

Rookie
    I tried 2years back when computerized started but they issue license to the residents of kpk only.

I tried 2years back when computerized started but they issue license to the residents of kpk only.
    I wouldn't advise carrying a gun on a Balochistan liscence anyways, if you are not a resident of that province.

You should have tried getting an ICT liscence, but unfortunately they also closed only about a month ago.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by malik94 View Post
    I wouldn't advise carrying a gun on a Balochistan liscence anyways, if you are not a resident of that province.

You should have tried getting an ICT liscence, but unfortunately they also closed only about a month ago.
    Agree sir
    For HD ,

Agree sir
    For HD ,
    I think for HD its better then having a unlicenced weapon to have it.when police want to make trouble for you they dont care about any lincene the thing police hate most is a weapon in the hands of a civilian.

Agree sir
    For HD ,
    Then at least, it's better than having an unliscenced weapon.

Which city are you from ? I would also advise you to still try getting an ICT liscence. But don't get it done through any dealer or agent, go to the office directly.

As liscences are often still made a few months after official closure. As the 'rozi roti', of the crooked clerical staff depends on it. But make sure that if you are able get something, it's record exists at the back end.
    Last edited by malik94; 13-05-2019 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FA226 View Post
    I think for HD its better then having a unlicenced weapon to have it.when police want to make trouble for you they dont care about any lincene the thing police hate most is a weapon in the hands of a civilian.
    That is true, but at least one can usually get away from being charged with possesion of an illegal weapon. A few weeks ago, the police came to my house, after I test fired just 4 or 5 rounds, as I was checking one of my new guns. They were coincidentally on patrolling duty in the area, at that time.

I ultimately got off scot-free, as they left my house after giving me only a verbal warning to be careful next time and to not do it again. This happened, because "I had a liscence" and also because I pulled some strings. Otherwise, I could have been charged with multiple offenses, or at least I would have had to pay a hefty amount at the police station.
    Last edited by malik94; 13-05-2019 at 09:44 PM.

That is true, but at least one can usually get away from being charged with possesion of an illegal weapon. A few weeks ago, the police came to my house, after I test fired just 4 or 5 rounds, as I was checking one of my new guns. They were coincidentally on patrolling duty in the area, at that time.

I ultimately got off scot-free, as they left my house after giving me only a verbal warning to be careful next time and to not do it again. This happened, because "I had a liscence" and also because I pulled some strings. Otherwise, I could have been charged with multiple offenses, or at least I would have had to pay a hefty amount at the police station.
    Brother somone must have called them from neighbourhood otherwise how would they know you fired shots.

Quote Originally Posted by FA226 View Post
    Brother somone must have called them from neighbourhood otherwise how would they know you fired shots.
    No, they were near by, my house is in front of a market. They asked people who were sitting outside at a restaurant. That who was firing ?
    Last edited by malik94; 15-05-2019 at 02:05 PM.

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    No, they were near by, my house is in front of a market. They asked people who were sitting outside at a restaurant. That who was firing.
    Ouch, bad luck an all that..
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Rookie
    Jhang district
    ICT is for residents of Islamabad only ...right??
    I asked a few friends in Islamabad but of no use.

Jhang district
    ICT is for residents of Islamabad only ...right??
    I asked a few friends in Islamabad but of no use.
    Only proof of residence, was required for ICT liscences. So, if any of your trusted friends or relatives in Islamabad, gave you a photocopy of the registry or transfer letter of thier house. It would have been acceptable to the D.C office, if you told them, that you live with the person, who owns the said property. Also, changing the temporary address on one's NIC is not that difficult.

TBH, they issued liscences to a lot of people from Punjab who did not even give any proof of residing in Islamabad. Because of references or 'Chai Paani'. But it's better to have a proof of residence, if god forbid such a situation arises where one ever has to use thier weapon.
    Last edited by malik94; 15-05-2019 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    Ouch, bad luck an all that..
    No worries ED bhai, we couldn't stop laughing afterwards. As we got off so easily, but if we would have had to go to the police station, our sentiments would have been completely different..

Although they have established a modern-looking citizen facilitation centre, but still the same old corrupt system is prevalent. And the staff members are still patwaris at heart and only work for either carrots or sticks. In my experience the following are the few channels which you can utilize for getting your liscence issued.

1) The easiest is if you are yourself a government official, otherwise you will need a dependable acquaintance in the office who will help you in processing your application. Or a sifarish from some senior bureaucratic or political authority from elsewhere, who can ask the senior officials in ICT to consider your case.

2) You can directly approach the people in the Citizen facilitation center or the arms clerk and strike a deal with them by offering them 'chai-panni'.

3) You can acquire the services of an agent i.e 'tout', this will be convenient but will have a higher 'mark up'.

4) I think arms dealers in Islamabad and Rawalpindi also offer such services. But this channel will also have a higher mark up.

But before utilizing any of these channels, just do a preliminary visit of the office and ask them for information. Their is a very very slim chance that they might facilitate you genuinely, without any intentions of greed. But go anytime before 12 o' clock as after 1 p.m they only entertain applications which come through the tout channel.
    last i read was that licences are banned after that khanna pull incident. did they reopen recently ?
    Keep Calm & Carry One